LaunchPad closes/crashes during update download (PC, WIN7- 64bit)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Entrust, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

While downloading the new update the LaunchPad closes/crashes <5min into the download (about 5M-10M). There is no error message, it just closes. Re-opening the LaunchPad shows that the amount downloaded & intalled (after several attempts I am now 600M remaining).

* Play through Steam

Troubleshooting performed thus-far:

Downloaded new setup installer per MEPPS post:
    - receive error message when after selecting the folder the game is currently installed (per MEPPS instructions on the same post)
    "Cannot install to root folder..." (even when I "run as administrator")
    -when I select "troubleshoit compatability" it suggests running in Win XP, no longer errors when selecting the folder mentioned above, an installer progress bar appears - runs - closes, DirectX installer opens - fails after accepting terms - closes, C++ installer opens - installs - closes. Windows comparability report states that the setup file is "incompatable"
    - Issue with the LaunchPad remains with no change.

Questions:
    - Is this an issue due to me using the 64bit version of Win7?
    - Is there a setup installer for 64bit PC OS?
    - Has anyone with Win7 64bit also had this issue & resolved it?
    - If so what steps were necessary?

Thanks!
  2. Entrust Committed Player

Current troubleshooting attempt:

- Uninstalling DCUO
    - Downloading & reinstalling DCUO (through steam)

Per reccomendation from another player using a 64bit OS.

RESULTS PENDING...
  3. Entrust Committed Player

UPDATE:
    Uninstall & Re-Install did NOT resolve the issue. The LaunchPad still closes (without any error message) while downloading & installing the updates. Currently on 4th attempt to download & install updates.

Will continue to make additional attempts, per the PS3 recommendation (as my issue appears to resemble the issue on the PS3).
  4. Entrust Committed Player

FINAL UPDATE:
    After 11 attempts the LaunchPad completed the download & installation of all updates, and I am able to login the game.

In retrospect, an uninstall & re-install was probably unnecessary. This appears to be the same issue that the PS3 is/was having. If the tread "Game Update 57: Known Issues" included PC with PS3, in the line related to "Intermittent connection difficulty", I would have forgone the uninstall and just been diligent about re-opening the LaunchPad.

Perhaps there weren't enough PC's having/reporting this issue to change the line to say "...on PS3/PC".

While the connection difficulty may not be resolved, I am able to login and play the game.

I hope this helps anyone else having a similar problem.
  5. FigureFour New Player

Thanks for posting this.

When I open up the launch pad it just says checking files, then after a few secs, it gives me the green play button, I click on that then nothing happens for a bit, then my launch pad just closes on it's own.

What can I do about that?
  6. Entrust Committed Player

I'm not sure, but I would check the link posted by MEPPS in the announcements: "Notice: Missing MSVCP110.dll"

That should update your DirectX & C++. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

Good luck
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Nothing I try is working. I can't even uninstall as I'm getting an error doing that.
  8. FigureFour New Player

Thanks!

This is what did it actually! Thanks man!
    • Like x 1
  9. Entrust Committed Player

That must be incredibly frustrating. I hope you submitted a ticket & that are able to help you. Besides what I & others have posted regarding issues related to the update, I don't know what you should try.
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I submitted a ticket. Something tells me it's going to be a nothing response.
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Don‘t expect customer support to help you much in this case. Probably, the customer support are more versed and informed on account support and not specific game support, and are not provided the technical details of specific games.

What you should do is look at what others have encountered and how some have solved the problem on their own.

If the Mepps link (Notice: Missing MSVCP110.dll) doesn‘t help, notice that people had already experienced problems with the Test Server (Test server not loading properly after new update). Your best bet is to go to this thread (launcher not working after installing new dlc) or this thread (Missing MSVCP110.dll - Faster fix (Windows 10)) in the Support section of the forum and post all the relevant system information of your PC(s) / laptop(s) / consoles(s). Things like what Windows version, whether playing via Steam, or using PS3 or using PS4, what specific error message you are getting (screenshots or details) etc.

What definitely doesn’t help you is just continuing to complain about it. Its just not going to help you, even when you have a valid case.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The MSVCP file only made things worse. As for filing the ticket, this was the advice given to me by Mepps. As for an error message, I'm not getting one. It's just not loading. The game starts to load then just crashes. I with I would get an error message because at least I'll have something tangible to deal with.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Then post all relevant information in the same format as the OP in this thread and stick to the threads in the Support section, including why the MSVCP file made things worse for you. Be as SPECIFIC as possible. Right now, you are still providing vague information.

Players posting in the support section are mostly well-versed technically, in Windows or PS.

If you are on PC, this is most definitely an issue caused by Windows.

gl
    • Like x 1
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I don't see how. i had no issues until tuesday which was my last Windows update. I then did a system restore to a point before that with nothing doing. Mepps told me they did a patch but it's still not working. I'm reaching the end of my rope.
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm trying it little by little. With each try more and more megs run of. Hopefully this works.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

18. Xibo Loyal Player

An error from launcher while is updating.
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Well, I finally got the update installed but now I have a whole new set of problems. I got the error message(MSVCP110) and downloaded the patch and installed it but now when I fire up the launchpad it's telling me it's installing 21,000+ MB's. Now it took me 45 minutes to install 850+ in increments of 45-50 or so. How long do you think it's going to take me to install 21,000?
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I officially give up. It doing a 20,000+ MB install that craps out every 12 or so MB's. Starting the launcher time and again means I'll be here until July. To think I just renewed my sub when I finally got the update to install and now this new mega install. So i just gave DB a free $15 and I hope they choke on it.