LaunchPad closes/crashes druping Update download (PC, Win7-Pro-64bit))

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

While downloading the new update the LaunchPad closes/crashes <5min into the download (about 5M-10M). There is no error message, it just closes. Re-opening the LaunchPad shows that the amount downloaded & intalled (after several attempts I am now 600M remaining).

Troubleshooting performed thus-far:

Downloaded new setup installer per MEPPS post:
    - receive error message when after selecting the folder the game is currently installed (per MEPPS instructions on the same post)
    "Cannot install to root folder..." (even when I "run as administrator")
    -when I select "troubleshoit compatability" it suggests running in Win XP, no longer errors when selecting the folder mentioned above, an installer progress bar appears - runs - closes, DirectX installer opens - fails after accepting terms - closes, C++ installer opens - installs - closes. Windows comparability report states that the setup file is "incompatable"
    - Issue with the LaunchPad remains with no change.

Questions:
    - Is this an issue due to me using the 64bit version of Win7?
    - Is there a setup installer for 64bit PC OS?
    - Has anyone with Win7 64bit also had this issue & resolved it?
    - If so what steps were necessary?

Thanks!
  2. Entrust Committed Player

Oops, I ment to start this thread in the bug section.

My mistake.....
  3. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I had this same problem, but I kept doing opening the launchpad and restarting. After the 10th try, it worked.
    • Like x 1
  4. Entrust Committed Player

That would have been nice, but no such luck for me. Well past 10 attempts last night. I'll see what information the forums generate & try again after work. If it still happens I'll submit a ticket to tech support.