Launching November 4: Episode 18, Atomic, Game Update 54, Cross Faction PvE, and R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a video of Atomic taking on the Elite raid in 18 in a short window. We're obviously still monitoring for feedback when the power hits live. But, it's not hurting too badly.
    • Like x 5
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I hope all of those black holes on Qward on PS4 are fixed in this update, since we'll be returning.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I am VERY curious about tanking, couldn't find a group that needed a tank on the test server with the small time I had to test it :(
    I believe it'll be awesome! Specially with my own toon on USPS. I can't wait to tank with more attacks instead of blocks.
    I'm more concerned about the DPS side and the balance between both AMs, but as you guys have said before, let's wait for the feedback after the power is out for everyone.
    Btw, thank you so much for this power!
    • Like x 1
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

There isn't a style, it's what they call Cross Faction.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Good video, glad to see that 147cr is the max cr it seems. I'm disappointed that the elite gear is the same stats as the reg gear. That means all the others will be able to craft the best gear for mere stats and no elite bonus. Elite gear should always give you more stats than the reg gear. For example. it should be giving something like 4 precision and 12 might for a new piece.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

lol, am I the only one here who noticed that a 146cr Fire dps lost in dps?
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Way it should be. Should not have to rely on luck for best gear. Elite has affinity bonuses and a different style so everyone can see how cool you are
    • Like x 1
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

We don' get any feats for the elite style it's just a title... :(
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yea Title Only. I also Feel there should be a Feat POINTS for it
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

I read "Suicide Squad Style". Is that like "Gangnam Style" or is it an actual style we can earn?
  11. speedster1981 Committed Player

Hey Mepps I have a Question

With the new Gear and Styles releasing with episode 18 is there any chance the Scion of Ion and vestment of rage be in the vendor 00 any time soon?
  12. Deeks420 New Player

Iknow this is probably a noob question even for someone who has been playing the game for years but does anyone have the easiest/fastest way to gain sp's? I only have 97 on my best toon and find it so hard to get more...
  13. Deeks420 New Player

Does anyone else agree that nature is one of the best DPS powers?
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

I was actually kidding with the "duck tape" comment but thank you for the unexpected defense! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. megamanzero Loyal Player

can i turn off cross faction if i prefer to only play with my own faction? not a fan of this mixing...
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

You can turn yours off so you don't end up doing the other faction's instance, but I don't think you can stop them queuing into yours iirc.
    • Like x 1
  17. megamanzero Loyal Player

sigh. that seems pointless then for me as a player who sees the toggle and wants to turn it off i expect it to be completely off. if its not working the way it implies or is open to interpretation then they should message their intentions more clearly in the UI.

i dont understand how they can think their logic about this is correct. "you can slow your own queue but not someone elses". by turning it off the way they have it i am already slowing someones queue who wants to allow me in their opposite faction instance. thats 1 less possible person they can be paired with i.e. n more seconds before an instance pops up.

i dont see why it cant work on all fronts. theoretically everyone in the game could turn it off and make things the way they are now. if thats qhat players want then devs should allow it.
  18. Ichiro Loyal Player

Your video link is broken
  19. akaivy Dedicated Player

I actually had to look it up I wasn't sure myself lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Anti Bezz New Player

I'm confused you do realize that was a 147 cr tank right? So are you guys balancing "optimal survivability" around having all the gear from a given episode? If so I was not aware of that and I bet neither were any testers. I'm pretty sure all the testers were doing proper tank tests. Aka they weren't at a CR higher than a person would have going into the content.