Launcher Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Kal El-Oh-El, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Kal El-Oh-El Well-Known Player

For the past few weeks, and as best as I can determine it, since the last client "hot-fix" I've been having a ton of issues trying to launch your game. It's crashing after PLAY is pressed.

The error I get is the following.

":c\users\public\sony online entertainment\installed games (the rest is cut off and cannot be viewed)

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information. "

I am forced to start Task Manager and close the program there to once again be able to use my computer. This NEVER occurred before. It is A NEW ISSUE that has been created.

I am using Windows 7.
  2. MockingBird New Player

verify your files. It's how I've been dealing with it. lasts for a few sessions.

The error itself at least for me only brings up a small white box that has no effect on performance or using the computer as you put it in any way. are you not getting the same thing?
    • Like x 1
  3. Kal El-Oh-El Well-Known Player

I've verified them several times. I even reinstalled the game. It hasn't helped. Unfortunately I get a black screen with the white error box in it's center. My mouse vanishes and does not return unless I CTRL+ALT+DEL and use task manager to close DCUO.

Hoping someone from SOE will respond here. This is obviously a problem with the program, error codes says that clearly.
  4. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Please check to make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have the game set as an exception. If that doesn't work, then run the game as administrator. If you continue to have problems, please submit in a support ticket so we can further assist you.
  5. C0ltBrigade45 New Player

When I click the launcher, this white box pops up and then nothing happens. It really driving me f|***ing nuts and I'm getting super pissed
  6. keiga86 New Player

i have the same problem like brother Kal El-Oh-El and it's driving me nuts ( in rage ) and the last thing to do is reinstall THE GAME ( Plus minus 19 GB ) , and i'm in soooooo RAGEEEE mode