Launch All The Things: Game Update 59, Survival Mode, and Episode 23!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Episode 23 Continues Kryptonian and New Gods Storylines!

Early Member access to Episode 23 is now available! Become a member today and start playing Episode 23. Episode 23 will also be available for purchase in the Marketplace on April 13, 2016.

Episode 23
    New 2-Player Operation: The Will of Darkseid

The war between the New Gods is heating up on New Genesis. Report to the battle site and help defend the area from Darkseid’s invasion force in the new 2-Player Operation: The Will of Darkseid! Gain access to new feats, collections and gear! Free to access for Members!

• To play this 2-player Duo, your character must be level 30 and have a minimum Combat Rating of 150.
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the new Duo under Tier 7 of the 2-Player Tab.

New 8-Player Operation: Brainiac’s Bottle Ship

Lois may have temporarily halted General Zod from getting the coordinates of Brainiac’s Bottle Ship, but now Zod is holed up in the top room of Lex Luthor’s Science Spire and is threatening to attack the city of Metropolis! Meet with Supergirl find a way to remedy the situation in the new 8-Player Operation: Brainiac’s Bottle Ship! Gain access to new feats, collections and gear! Free to access for Members!

• To play this 8-player Operation, your character must be level 30 and have a minimum Combat Rating of 150.
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the new Operation under Tier 7 of the 8-Player Tab.

Game Update 59

Loot Choice UI Available In All Tiers!

We have extended our Loot Choice UI to the earlier tiers of DCUO! Now all solos, duos, alerts and raids available in the On Duty menu have this feature added. This gives players the opportunity to choose what loot they receive from bosses. Upon defeating a boss, the player will be presented with a new UI that allows them to choose from a list of available loot. After the main choice has been made, the UI will then display all items received from the KO.

Tutorial Updates!

With Game Update 59, we have made adjustments to the tutorial instance at the start of the game. Important messaging has been updated to be clearer and more instructional for the player. A full list of improvements and updates are included in the full public notes.

Survival: Fortress of Solitude

Prepare to face the chill inside the Fortress of Solitude! Think you’ve got what it takes to stop Brainiac’s mind-controlled super heroes and villains? Queue up and see how long you can last against unending waves of powerful enemies! Fight for unique style rewards awarded only to those with the most dedication on the field of battle! Players can queue for Survival: Fortress of Solitude from the Event tab if they meet the CR requirement.

• New Awesome, Kryptonian-themed, pants for rounds 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
    • New Kryptonian-themed shirt
    • 20 total rounds

Requirements:
    • 8 Players
    • Combat Rating: 146
    • Like x 9
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Enjoying the new loot system already tempting to make a new alt. so tempting very tempting
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The title of this thread though... Mepps just gained 100 cool points.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lights Derp Loyal Player

ALL THE COOL POINTS!!!!!!!1!!!!111!
    • Like x 2
  5. Maylaise0 New Player

My screen Is off center for all characters, I've tried rebooting, changing camera angles and still no solution. Didn't have this problem before downtime
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating this. Thank you for the report.
  7. Green Heron New Player

Will all of the alerts,dous and raids having rolling on marks of triumphs? or is that for just lower CR instances. im confused on that,I don't like rolling on marks.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Fan111 New Player

Im loving this game just got it yesterday and next thing u know Lol im all access hope u keep coming out with more cool updates and stuff
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This isn't intended. We'll fix.
    • Like x 1
  10. mike101 New Player

i cant even launch the game bc its telling me to download .dll files and I already did that
    I'm a paid member for legendary been about a week now since I cant launch
  11. Blayzemaster New Player

I have insufficient privileges to make a thread about this,. but someone really needs to do it. Since the update, Marks of Victory and other items that go straight into the inventory (like Magic Missives in Tier 4) are instead going into the group rolling system. This means that people are losing out on a lot of marks because of bad luck, I presume that this is not intended given that duos that give marks via loot picker (Tier 4 and Tier 6) are still giving both people 2 marks. Please fix this ASAP - will only discourage people to run alerts. Unsure if it also applies to raids as I do not want to be locked out with no MoVs.
  12. Green Heron New Player

So the rolling on Marks of Victory is a bug?
  13. Blayzemaster New Player

They've now responded to someone's tweet that they're "looking into it" so I presume it is
  14. Captain Hazard Active Player

This is something that needs to be fixed asap i am usually on your guys side when it comes to people asking for free stuff on down time but this is costing me real money with the replay badges and i am losing out on a lot of marks
    • Like x 1
  15. Isai Maldonado New Player

I wish we were able to have color powers, like red fire green fire, pink magic or green telekinesis etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fiji Water Level 30

does anyone know the current max combat rating now?
  17. Darkside11695 New Player

I am seeing all kinds of bugs.
    1) League, instance, and Group voice chat tabs are gone. Only custom channels are showing.
    2) Message boxes, such as the knockout countdown, are blown out past their bounds cutting off the right and bottom section including the flee and rally buttons.
    3) I have been given the option to choose GUI while leveling up a lower level character but all 3 times I was given the same item to choose from. If I have a choice between 2 items that are exactly the same do I really have a choice? This should never happen.
  18. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

So now we can choose loot? Hopefully, despite the bugs, that works out well. Cause honestly I'm getting sick and tired of getting mostly tank or controller items. Wouldn't be half as bad if they were tradeable cause then some of my alts could get the styles or better gear. But to run an alert and just get tank/troller item after item and be unable to use it to get the style as a DPS sorcerer, sucks completely. So hopefully this new way helps.
  19. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Nope you'll still get tank or controller items LoL it's DCUO they would never make it that easy.
  20. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Post this in the bug section it get's no attention from staff in this location.