Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockin earth, Jul 2, 2013.
With the truck in front of them it can still happen
Yeah, but that's not a logging truck
Is there a new collection this year? Or are the skull hat-things a new style set (like Wolf last year)?
18 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Movie “Elf”
1. Jim Carrey was originally supposed to play the lead role of Buddy the elf.
2. Forced perspective was used instead of CGI to make it look like Buddywas a giant.
3. Will Ferrell had a load of health problems due to all the sugar he ate while filming.
As a sidenote, those cotton balls Buddy eats in the doctor’s office? Cotton candy:
4. Does the costume Buddy wears look familiar? That’s because it’s heavily inspired by the ones the elves wear in the claymation classic Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.
5. Gimbel’s is actually a digitally altered version of the Macy’s on 34th Street in New York.
6. Buddy’s 12-second burp is not done by Will Ferrell. It’s actually done by the same voice actor as Brain from Pinky and the Brain.
7. Will Ferrell actually worked as a mall Santa before his career took off. Chris Kattan (Saturday Night Life) was his elf.
8. Will Ferrell’s reactions in this scene are totally genuine. Director Jon Favreau used a remote control to manually pop the jack-in-the-boxes in order to surprise Will Ferrell.
9. Jon Favreau also did the voice of Mr. Narwhal for the movie.
And he had another cameo as Buddy’s doctor:
10. The actor who played Ralphie in A Christmas Story makes a cameo as an elf in the film.
11. Will Ferrell turned down $29 million to do a sequel to Elf.
12. The jack-in-the-boxes make the same noise as the laughing hyenas at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.
13. And in case you forgot, Peter Dinklage also plays the real-world “elf” in the movie:
14. The raccoon that attacks Buddy makes monkey sounds instead of whatever sound a raccoon makes.
15. The infamous “throne of lies” scene had to be shot in one take, as the set was too extensive to rebuild for another shot.
16. Some of the sets for Elf, like Walter’s apartment and Gimbals’ toy department, were built in an abandoned mental hospital in Vancouver, the same hospital where New Line shot Freddy Vs. Jason.
17. People were so shocked to see Will Ferrell in costume walking around Central Park and the Lincoln Tunnel that several traffic accidents were reported.
18. Finally, while this may be heartbreaking, you need to know: There aren’t that many buttons in the Empire State Building’s elevators.
"YOU have some mighty big balls showing up here!!!!"
"Yes I do ,you never wondered why I never wore gym shorts?"
So this thread seems to have gone down a new path, with one dominant tour guide.
Ha. Somebody makes an comment about some that irks me, and then I realize I'm an idiot....the soloution to the bothersome issue was right in front of my face.
On an un-related note, more ESO maintenance last night....so I replayed the seasonal event trying to get the cat. No cat for me...got a bootility belt. Which won't wander around my lair.
It won't wander around ur waist either
N what was u saying in the first line? You left some"thing" out
Took me some time to decipher this. Well played mate!
Could I interest you in some cake?
Cupcakes*. Nice try but you can't fool me.
His cakes have butt prints in them , and that ain't chocolate
Separate names with a comma.