Laptops....ugh.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ilunis, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Anyone know how to pry off the bottom of an HP DV6 without tearing it apart??!

Note: I have already removed the screws, battery, and hdd.
    • Like x 1
  2. ForsakenLash New Player

once the screws are out its kind of a pry apart deal.. make sure you have small enough and long enough tools to clip the wires back into place as HP has funny harnesses that are a PITA to get back on when putting the laptop back together
  3. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I noticed. The last part of the frame (where it connects to the end of the keyboard) felt like it would snap in half. I put it all back together and said "screw this." I cleaned out the dust as best as I could, but, since I couldn't get at the fan, no joy. I finally broke down and bought what I thought I was going to wait for: a new desktop. Yay for soon being able to access parts without nearly killing the damn thing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Also, thanks for the info. At this point, though, HP can suck it. Shame...this little laptop was still running Skyrim on mid-high and it wasn't even built for gaming.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

My Pavilion dv7 rocks! The quad core and Radeon dual graphics kicks booty!
  6. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Congrats. Try repairing it yet?
    • Like x 1
  7. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Have to agree that working on ANY laptop can be a pain tho.
  8. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Yes, but some manufacturers actually enable the bottom to come off after being unscrewed. One click and off. Until this happened, it worked fine. Like I said, it wasn't built for gaming, but had a 1gb ATI video card in it and, voila, I was playing Skyrim and the Dead Space series, etc....sad day. It just crashed again. Poor thing. Had it for almost three years. It feels like the laptop that never should have been and now it is dying.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Sorry man, I too know the feeling, I too have a knack for making machines do things they are not supposed to be able to do(I build my desktops) , it's funny to talk to a tech help guy and have them tell you,"That machine can't do that"...reply.."well I made it do it and I need to make it do it better"lol, this makes it much harder when it does die on you, feels like losing a friend.
    • Like x 1
  10. petvpets New Player

Laptops....ugh

How do they work ?
  11. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Seriously?
    • Like x 2
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

LOL
  13. petvpets New Player

Do you believe in miracles ?
  14. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ilunis Dedicated Player

ibuypower ftw. I will have my new system in a week.
    • Like x 1
  16. petvpets New Player

Use Magnets
  17. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Forgot to say, your sig cracks me up, that clown ain't gettin' none! lol
  18. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Lol. Nope. He never will, poor bastard. I never thought I'd like a show like Revenge, but damn, Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) is hot and she is vindictive in a slick way.
    • Like x 1
  19. petvpets New Player

20. petvpets New Player

Found that in like 5secinds and I'm getting drunk at the pub on my phone and half care about laptops but since I'm a nice guy and I like you
    • Like x 1