Laptop Trackpad Disable?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Brit, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

I absolutely despise the trackpad on my laptop. It is always in the way, and when I try to play DCUO, it will cause unwanted mouse movements or clicks. I have plugged in a USB mouse, but the trackpad remains active regardless.

I tried uninstalling the software for it. It claims I need to restart the computer for the uninstall to complete, but any time I restart the computer, it automatically reloads the trackpad software.

I tried installing a "trackpad blocker". It doesn't work though. Instead of blocking the trackpad after any keystroke, it blocks ALL mouse activity, both from the trackpad and from the USB mouse. Obviously that isn't going to work well for this game either.

Is there any way to turn this piece of junk off so that I can play without the big annoying panel that is located right in the way always derailing my combos?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Working under the thought that it's a Windows OS, have you tried looking in Settings to see if there are any options there for disabling the trackpad or setting your mouse as the default?

I've never had to go digging for input device options, but I know there are options like that for sound/speakers.