Kryptonian Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

A New TC, with new gear and systems and new pros & cons.
    What ISN'T NEW, are there's ppl who love, ppl who hate it, ppl who are indifferent, and ppl who jump on a broken bandwagon of using it to justify whatever gripe they have with the game.

I like the new armor sets.
    The new hairstyles are neat, and I like that I can essentially win them from using the Stabilizers I Earn by Playing the Game.
    Many of the styles in the game are behind an ingame vendor, with more in the Marketplace. Will these become available as a Marketplace Bundle? If enough ppl demonstrate they want it, I'm sure Daybreak will make it happen.
    As for the artifacts, I will wait and see. They haven't made a major impact on my playstyle, I am not obsessed with them, but I do like them.
    I have been away for a while for RL, so I am not up to speed on how Heat Vision has been nerfed, but I have noticed it doesn't seem to be packing as much punch as before. I am pretty sure it wasn't OP, and thus in no need of nerfing. Nerfing it just to help drive sales for a new, artifact-based heat vision is just wrong. The absolute worst way to do it.
    Iconic Powers are optional powers that A: should be powerful and satisfying without breaking the game. A lot of work has already gone into making them balanced with the core powers in the game. If it Ain't Broken, DON'T FIX IT. B: New, more potent alternate versions can be made, without having to take anything away from the existing Iconic powers. Reducing an Iconic Power's effectiveness to make the new version more attractive to players, is blatant cheating. Instead of the new power/item standing on its own merits, you try to fool the audience with a sloppy shell game; and it's obvious to my almost the entire audience saw that, and they are not fooled. They are insulted and angry.
    I hope Heat Vision is restored back to its proper balance, and reasonable adjustments made to the new power, that will work in a fair and balanced way.

Despite a few misgivings and concerns about the artifacts, I am still looking forward to opening these.
    Generally, in my opinion, the Time Capsules have been getting better.
    DCUO, of the 3 MMOs I play, was at the forefront of making their 'gamble packs' more fair to players. They put more power in our hands than the other game companies do. This is a smarter business model and serves them well.

My favorite TCs so far are Gotham and Notorious, but I also got some nice gear from Time-Torn, Arcane and Team-Up TCs. I have yet to start opening Paradox and Assassin, but I am looking forward to it, though it is likely they'll be taking a back seat to Kryptonian.

For the changes in the pack opening, of Selections replacing RNG, I want to give a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT DAYBREAK!!!! The majority of the community IS VERY GRATEFUL for it. Ignore those complaining about that IMPROVEMENT, for the detractors are upset that this paradigm shift will hurt 'their' "Broker Game". The ppl who work the broker the best aren't afraid of change because they can adapt quickly and go with the flow. The self-styled 'Broker Savants' are scared because ANY CHANGE to the status quo makes them panic, as it's just harder for them to change. They need to grow up and go with the flow. They get away with far too much already, imho, but having fewer opportunities to exploit fellow players with how they manipulate the Broker is not the end of the world; theirs or anyone else's. There will still be opportunities for them, they just need to stop crying foul at that which is fair, and focus on moving forward.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Still hoping to hear that older TC's will eventually get converted to the new loot picker system. Any possibility of that?
    • Like x 2
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I am so far very happy with the KTCs I have opened, but I gots a Question; where's the Artifact from opening KTC#5?????
  4. Earth742 Well-Known Player

NVM! Artifact arrived by mail! Yet to power it up, but I look forward to it!
  5. Miranabooru New Player

Odin is the league still running would I be able to play with you on Xbox and would.you play eso
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

would be neat if we got a capsule just called "rare collections" capsule. would be neat if they had those on the time and space quark vendor for 100 quarks each.
    • Like x 7