Kristyana's Incredibly Detailed Fire Tank Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Ike New Player

I wanted to post here in order to move this back to the top, despite the last guy who posted here...or in-spite of, I haven't decided yet. I think Kris's guide is by far the most complete guide since Deadpool's Gadget's guide and is an excellent resource.
  2. Irmensul Well-Known Player

My favourite fire tanking rotation is built around ENFLAME>BACKDRAFT
    its BURNING DETERMINATION>ENFLAME>BACKDRAFT>SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION>BURNOUT>REIGNITION
    spontaneous combustion is a great tanking power..try it before you knock it!
  3. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Do you not use a movement pull? I have been seeing a lot of Fire Tanks not using a movement pull in their loadouts, have they become obsolete? I like your loadout and I am currently testing other tanking loadouts, I am just curious how other loadouts are working in the higher end raids/content
  4. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Do you not use a movement pull? I have been seeing a lot of Fire Tanks not using a movement pull in their loadouts, have they become obsolete? I like your loadout and I am currently testing other tanking loadouts, I am just curious how other loadouts are working in the higher end raids/content
  5. Captain Just New Player

I always have a movement mode pull or Mesmerizing Lasso on my loadout. Definitely not obsolete.
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I have one spec'd into at all times, it goes into my loadout when I know it will be useful or I need a ranged taunt.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Meh. Movement pulls are very situational in my opinion. I'm speced into low pressure purely for pugging. The trollers in my league have no issues with lending a hand for the bridge in FoS2.
  8. Tocimus Committed Player

thats because your trollers actually know how to play their class.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Tis true
  10. Mr U New Player

I was visiting this guide at once back then before everything was changed into this new forum but never tried to read them up carefully.
    I have read them almost just now and i do love this guide. Thanks a lot Kristyana.

:) Super U - Fire Tank
    :) Lantern U - Light DPS
  11. Kristyana New Player

According to a few fire users, our healing got buffed significantly in Update 24.

I'm going to retest everything to run the numbers again. It appears the base healing for most powers got buffed, or possibly the amount that dominance adds to the equation.

I'll retest everything both on test, and on live when U24 hits so I can update the guide.

In the meantime, I'm holding off on changing it - life has gotten in the way
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

13. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Appoloin,yeah I add in a pull from the flight tree if its needed.
    Im not sure how the new spontaneous combustion will affect my tank guides as..it seems more of a dps power now & less of a tank power?
  14. Kristyana New Player

The new fire self heal formula appears to be 100% Resto + 200% Dominance.

As a fire tank that knows how to self heal, I am now worried as this alone has made us ridiculously OP over the other two tank classes.
  15. Lakhesis Active Player

Wait, 200% dom? I thought the formula was !00% resto + 100% dom?

On that note, now that the healing formula's been changed, would you say that when it comes to mods, Dom'll be more important than health?
  16. Kristyana New Player

I'm still waiting on confirmation. The base amount of healing for all the fire powers was buffed as was the formula. The update notes state nothing about the buffed base values, but that the formula is supposed to be 100% Resto and 100% Dominance combined according to said notes.

I made a thread in the testing feedback about how I felt both buffs would be too much; it should either be one or the other as it would make us ridiculously OP to have both. Mepps said he spoke with the team and they reviewed the numbers. On test, the base damages were brought down almost to previous levels (they did receive a small buff) but the formula remains at 100% Resto 200% Dominance. Since I brought it to their attention and it was adjusted, it's probably safe to assume that this is the new formula and the update notes themselves are in error.

Crafting should still go as it was before, with Health/Dom in the blue slots and Health/Anything Else in the non-blues.
  17. Kristyana New Player

Looks like the formula is going live. The test server has been updated twice since the developers have been made aware of the issue and responded directly to it, and the base healing has been tweaked but the formula remains the same throughout all the updates. If the devs were going to change it, they probably would have at this point. So I proceeded with my testing.

I tested all the formulas again, and will update the guide when Test goes live tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been able to figure out the following base healing amounts, with the exceptions noted:

Stoke Flames: 15 to 18 health

Backdraft: 48 to 58 health*

Fiery Weapon: 72 to 85 health*

Absorb Heat: 15 to 18 health

Burning Determination: 23 to 32 health*

Overheat: 34 to 40 health*

Burnout: 59 to 69 health*

Reignition: 150 to 172 health*

Stoke Flames is the only power for sure I know the amounts for because it is the only power that shows up in the buff menu. This is how I verified the formula (100% Resto 200% Dominance) as the heals in DPS mode were 75, 80, 85, and 90, exactly what you would expect with the stack. This also translated over into tank mode by multiplying dominance even further and rounding down to the nearest whole number.

*These other powers were tested ~50 times each, and this was the range they kicked back. It's highly unlikely that the values are different from here, but there is a chance in my testing that the minimum could be lower or the maximum could be higher by a point or two because of the RNG.

I have not been able to test Eternal Flames extensively yet, but in the two times I tried it before logging off, it appears that it gives an initial heal equal to Reignition, and gives secondary heals around Backdraft or Burnout. The area I tested this in wasn't ideal as I took way more damage than I would have otherwise; I'll try to get into a better area tonight and see if it ticks like normal.
  18. Zim New Player

My dom went down slightly. I was sitting at about 1040 before yesterdays update. Now its only at 988, was this part of the update?
  19. Kristyana New Player

They might have tweaked some armor values, but nothing I've noticed personally. My dom was still at 888 in my tank set in the 4-man prime I did today.
  20. SunBlazer New Player

So basically the huge healing buff that Fire Tanks deserve is now reduced to a little healing buff because of your thread. Thanks for looking out for us fire users.
    • Like x 1