Kristyana's Incredibly Detailed Fire Tank Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Feb 18, 2013.

1. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I just wanted to bump this thread because it's the most beautifully thorough guide on tanking I've seen, and it really is a game changer.

it also has useful info for all the tanking classes. linked it on facebook earlier.
    • Like x 1
  2. JangaMan Active Player

It would be wise to state your loadout and maybe your specc so that people can give feedback on that, instead of just giving feedback on all there is.
    This makes it easier and makes you get feedback based on you not on fire in general.

My feedback:
    Fire will most likely stay like this, lowest mitigation and always more reliant on constant healer heals. (Unless the next fire update will state different)
    Fire's self heals can't keep up with incoming damage.

As of now there are only a few people ingame that can teach you how to be the best a fire tank can be but other than that fire is still in Ices shadow.
  3. Blackdeenyo New Player

Looking for any BOW fire tanks to just group up somewhere and discuss thiso_O , and just i dont know figure this **** out because this 'healing in' to 'damage in' ratio is not cutting it! wth fire is supposed to be the alfa omega ! lol had to go avatar the last air bender on this junt man!
  4. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Fire tanks are amazing believe it

• Like x 1
  5. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Hello krist. Nice guide and..
    I would like to know if I could improve my loadout
    I do BD/Enflame/Flash/Draft/Detonate/Reignition
    I am seriously considering of adding in lasso for the sake of a good pull and/or hard light shield so I can attempt at reviving fallen teammates.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Detonate is one power that I don't think I've ever seen mentioned on any fire load-out -- neither dps nor tank. Is it good for crowd control?
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

It used to be good before the update to Spont. Combustion. It was one of the hard hitting powers, great for bosses. Now there is no point in having it because of Spont. Combustion high damage+being AoE.

And for tanking...i dont know, it works as a long range taunt.
  8. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

OT for tanking, but Detonate for DPS is great for boss battles or when groups get whittled down to one enemy. It consumes much less power than SC and does the same damage SC inflicts against a single opponent. Using SC against a solo enemy is a waste of power. Your trolls will thank you for switching to Detonate in these circumstances.
    • Like x 1
  9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Only advantage of detonate is the cost less power.
    • Like x 1
  10. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

It's pretty good for a fire tank imo.
    Since most fire tanks have multiple ways to set stuff on fire might as well take advantage of it with detonate.
    It's a pretty good knock up,taunt, and takes advantage of burning enemies.
  11. Captain Overdrive Active Player

did a dev ever post the the math for the hitpoint boost?

nvm, actually read the tldr post and realized it's 60% not 80%.
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

Is this guide up to date?
  13. L T Devoted Player

No it is not. Fire's powers have changed and so have the healing numbers for them. But there is still quite a bit of valuable information in it.
  14. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Fire tanks are amazing
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

Can i get a skill point allocation for fire tanking in pvp? so many videos on youtube on loadouts but guys dont actually show how they do their skill points
  16. Zero Hesitation Level 30

crit heal mag/crit heal chance and then resto. Rest is up to you,I would put toughness and health after that if were you.
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Krys doesn't play anymore.
  18. gemii Dedicated Player

No Dom? i currently got all my Healing crits, then i went for the Trees that contain both Dom and Resto innates and all the ones that contained dom and resto i went all the way to the bottom of those

Then after i got those i started running out of SP so i got the rest of the trees that had just dom.

is that good? do i really need the healing crits how much of a factor do they play. What if i wanted to only get some crits then use the other sp i have to get like more health and go all the way down to the bottom on other tress.
  19. L T Devoted Player

This guide isn't updated anymore, and the thread was mostly dead. You'll likely get more information in the Trailblazing thread here.

Dominance, since it increases both your health and healing, is generally what I go for first. Many take health over dominance, because they don't like being one-shot. If you get all the healing crits, you'll be healing yourself for about 20% more on average-- and when you get to be a high cr, that's very important.

I'd only take restoration if I were going for WM in a tree or trying to get the bottom level Dominance/Health.

I'd only take Defense if I had absolutely nothing else to spend a skill point on. And maybe not even then.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zero Hesitation Level 30

I meant to say Dom first but I was just woke up when I first typed that,my bad
    • Like x 1