Knight Terrors - Doctor Destiny

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Mar 5, 2023.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The DC comics crossover event of the fall is “Knight Terrors”, and it looks to feature Doctor Destiny as the DC heroes have to face their worst nightmares.

For any who don’t know, Doctor Destiny is a Justice League villain who uses his invention, the Materioptikon, to use dreams to re-shape reality. Created in 1961, he was Freddy Krueger before Freddy Krueger; and Skeletor before Skeletor.

[IMG]

Doctor Destiny would be an opportunity to take the Batscape duo concept to its ultimate conclusion - an episode that features every NPC in the game. Fight all of Superman’s villains. Fight all of Flash’s rogue’s gallery. Green Lantern’s villains. Aquaman’s villains. Doctor Psycho. Starro. Amazo. The Crime Syndicate. The Fatal Five. Just throw everything including all of the hero NPCs fighting you too.

The Batscape duo was a really fun instance because there were so many iconic NPCs to fight. Let’s take it up a notch
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Dr. Destiny also features pretty prominently in Sandman so with the Netflix series just dropping he's probably a bit more visible lately too.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"A Midsummers Nightmare" is one of my favorite Justice league stories of all time as well as the follow up Dr. D. story in JLA , can't remember the exact issues but it was early on...like issue 6 and 7 or so. Very good, highly recommended reading those comics. It's the pure stuff.

Good call on bringing him into the game. I would love it.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

Doctor Destiny - haven't heard that villain for a while. Nice to see him back but i've always been iffy with his name, dr. destiny, doesn't sound villanous or ominous to me. I think Dr. Dementia or Dr. Demented would have been a better choice.