Kingdom Come episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Nov 2, 2020.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Many have brought up the possibility of an episode based on the Mark Waid / Alex Ross series Kingdom Come. There’s a lot of good reasons for that, but think about this - a battle inside the Planet Krypton restaurant!

[IMG]

It could be an iconic base item avalanche!
    • Like x 5
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Want! So much want!
    • Like x 1
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

I hope for real Flashpoint stuff/DLC/episode before Kingdom Come ep but like Your idea ;)

[IMG]
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

There’s really more possibilities as I think on it. The restaurant kitchen could use many of those existing kitchen related base items (like the hanging pots). The walls in the dining area could use the comic cover art (something I still hope we see more of).

They’ve got a lot of pieces in place to make a two-tiered restaurant like Iceberg Lounge.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No offense, but we need to allow lesser known iconics shine for at least 5 or so DLC' instead of always putting the 6 or so well known ones in the lime light(even more)
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Curious, have you read Kingdom Come? There are a significant number of "lesser known" iconics that take center stage in it. Yes, Superman is a big focus, but Blue Beetle, Alan Scott, Magog, etc all played roles in this series.
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Captain Atom was a big part too. They still need to work him in somewhere in DCUO; his character model is already in the game:

[IMG]

He would have been a good fit for the Legion. If Cap absorbs too much energy, he time jumps; and absorbing enough to catapult him 1000 years would probably leave him a bit crazed after he first arrives in 3020.m

Could be a bit of foreshadowing like Escape in E3. Cap absorbed something big to time jump; and maybe we would see what that was in a separate future episode
    • Like x 4
  9. Hawk Active Player

Who the hell is blue beetle? u mean this guy? [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Here's Susan Eisenberg reading the part of Kingdom Come Wonder Woman at the Baltimore Comic Con last week (at the 4 hour mark):

After the reading, they talk a little about the difficulties in making an animated movie in the Ross style. My thought it that a video game is the perfect platform... and DCUO has the framework for it.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

That's one of them.

But this guy. The blue one on the left front row. :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So let's FINALLY introduce Blue Beetle (both of them) in proper fashion. Kingdom Come can wait its turn. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wow....WOW!!! The level of disrespect. You deserve an all expenses paid 2 week vacation in the pits of Apokolips. ;):p
    • Like x 2
  14. Hawk Active Player

lol we're leaguers just rubbing it in. you should see the mini comic we made. wish we had it archived
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I'd be happy either way. Having him in one version means they could make more versions. <3
    • Like x 3
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm not sure I want to see Kingdom Come in any format other than painted by Alex Ross.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Had almost forgotten too - we’ve already got the Alan Scott Kingdom Come style and orbital in-game

[IMG]
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, the Sentinel version.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The only reason I agree with you is that while I personally think it would be a fantastic story to adapt, there's unfortunately no way to really do it justice here (unless they took a year off to build it to the massive level that story deserves). Maybe they can do a sort of "Kingdom Almost here". ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Well, they could do it like they did with Metal. I believe you were the one that told me that they did them together, which is why JLD and Metal 1 had a big gap.