KICKING!?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Apr 17, 2016.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Please Devs, Please Remove the Kick lock if someone is AWAY, DISCONNECTED or not even IN THE MISSION. Im seeing a growing trend of people in Duos not doing anything After like the first boss, while receiving marks, gears. It makes it harder for people like me who just want to grind my alts and play to raise my CR collecting gear, marks etc. This goes for ALERTS/RAIDS as well.

• If someone is away, disconnected, or not even in the zone of mission the KICK LOCK SHOULD NOT COUNT. WE should NOT be penalized for someones bad code of ethic.
    • This should apply to DUOS as well. The ability to kick players in DUOS as well if has no registered an attack on an NPC for certain amount of time, or continuous delays should WARRANT a kick/REMOVAL. Sick of it.
    • Like x 6
  2. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I hate this 3 hour kick cool down
    • Like x 1
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

This whole Kickin experience should be revisited for sure
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

You may not like it, but last time they measured it people did better without any kicks at all. There's still too many kick happy people in this game, even with the 3 hour cooldown.
    • Like x 7
  5. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

Sure, some may be kick happy. But, even more seem to disconnect and not come back or stand there and do nothing.

The kick timer was about the 20th bad decision in a slew of increasingly bad decisions. Even if they took away the kick timer from those who voted would be fine and keep the timer for the person who initiated the kick.

Because of the kick timer, when I do decide to log on now, I spend more time standing around waiting than I do playing the game. And every time, I regret logging on.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Kicking in a duo just means if they don't like you, you are gone. This is why you never were able to kick in a duo since the begining.

The 3hr kick timer was and will always be meant to prevent abuse. Before the initial changes, players would literally vote kick before you even zoned in to say "hey, I can troll/heal/tank". So you see the loading screen the moment you loaded. They added a 5 minute wait time, players ACTUALLY waited the 5 minutes to kick at the start. They extended it. They removed it for a moment. They made it 3 hours. If you are in a situation of someone disconnected/afk, you can kick them and will get another active player. If you are good intentions, the 3 hour timer should work fine. The only time it does not, is when there are server issues that cause players to link dead and you are stuck. I've seen it. (BTW, link dead is disabled atm.)
    • Like x 7
  7. VariableFire Loyal Player

No. Just no. You're using your impressions. Just yours. The last time they actually used server data proves you wrong. Please stop assuming your small data set is conclusive.
  8. Try Hard Well-Known Player

I agree that we should prevent people from being kick happy but three hours is just too long with the current system.Especially for people who pug.One bad wipe and a few people disconnect knowing it will be extremely difficult to clear them out and find new group members.granted this is mostly a pug issue but it is a glaring one.

I just think the kick system needs to be fine tuned/revamped etc.
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Agreed. So many abuse of it. Not enough sp, kick. Don't like him, kick. Not in my league, kick. Not modded, kick. Power I don't like, kick. Etc, etc.
    I may not like it sometimes, I do think for the disconnected we should have less time penalty because it is justified. But the 3 hours is alright.
    • Like x 3
  10. Oleandis Well-Known Player

Perhaps they should look at some sort of a score "checkpoint" and if a player doesn't hit that threshold, then they are then eligible to be kicked.

Just brainstorming, but let's say you queue into the new duo, then set a minimum damage/heal/power threshold for the load into CC. If they aren't at that threshold, then the other person can then kick them.

I agree with the OP... I've even had people tell me as soon as I get into a duo "$250K to finish duo or I sit here". For me it isn't an issue bc of my level, but I can see it being a big problem for others.

It is definitely something that needs addressed, but finding a solution that cannot be exploited on either side is the key.

On a completely unrelated note, a character should get locked from LPvE for 24 hours if they queue in and then immediately leave because no one was their "teamup" they needed. Hasn't anyone heard of LFG'ing for your teammup partner? Jesus H. Christ.
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

Seems to me that kicking in general is less abused these days. There is always fallout of some sort, but I think the current system encourages better behavior overall.
  12. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Remember, never queue up for a duo that you can't solo... if youre gearing up an alt run it with a friend at reset or smth like that
    As for alerts, back in the day i remember people would insta kick a guy that joined if he wasnt heal or troll while matchmaking

Running into people with bad "ethics" is part of the game man... unless you are queuing for alerts or raids, its quite rare for someone in an LFG group taking an alert or raid "hostage" as you lot call it.

If someone disconects they shouldnt be kicked, what if they crashed and are trying to get back on? I can see the argument if they are away for a certian period of time, ill give you that one
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

The rumor to this is that Spytle was on live one day.....on an unidentifiable alt.....and a raid group kicked him. His ego led to the 3 hr change. If this is true.....I dunno I wasn't there......then perhaps we can change it back since he isn't a big part of dcuo anymore. Also the story seemed true to me based on all my interactions with Jens.
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" If someone disconects they shouldnt be kicked, what if they crashed and are trying to get back on?. "

happened to me just the other day. disconnected right at the start of Hades raid. by the time I managed to get back on, the raid was finished, but the group hadn't kicked me. got the marks, got the gear. kinda restores your faith in the community.
    • Like x 2
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I wouldn't believe everything you read man, not really a fan of Jens (heck I hold him responsible for GU-36 which killed the potential of the game imo) but the story seems a bit too far fetched for me

With the amounts of threads complaining about the kicking - "WHY DID I GET KICKED" or "STOP WITH THE KICKING" etc I'm not surprised this change happened.
  16. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I've been out of the loop for a while but how long does a Hades raid take nowadays?
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

almost no time at all if you know what you're doing. 10 minutes, maybe?
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Think you guys missing the point.. Its one to assume a player is coming back but another is to sit there and duo alerts and duos waitin for this mystery person to pop back or not help at all.. Kickin in duos should be LEGAL as long is it FITS THE CRITERIA mentioned above. We all have alot of things to do in the real world as well as in DCUO, time wasted on petty trolls or players who choose to stand there and do nothing while letting other people do all the work ruins the whole experience. ONCE AGAIN, im specifically talking about the ABOVE criteria.
  19. minuteofdecay Committed Player

This was a true story, but they knew it was spytle and kicked him just for that reason.
    The two things I don't like about it is voting on it also gives u a timer, and when role-less optional was introduced and we complained about ppl dual queing without switching to what the group wanted. We was told that the devs wanted us to police this on our own, and we could withoutthe penalty.
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Asking to be able to kick in a duo is highly illogical.
    If you could be able to kick someone in a duo -> Someone else will need to queue -> You will lose time waiting -> Average completion time of duos vary between 7 and 10 minutes -> Any waiting over 3 minutes makes it easier to leave and queue for a new one.