Kicking a player from instance for ''no reason'' should be taken as a toxic behavior too @Daybreak

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

People kick healers that don't use EOG all the time because they want the supercharge build up
    • Like x 3
  2. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

I've never once been kicked from a group for not having Eog. People have asked if I had Eog and then said "ah, well" when they saw I didn't, but I've never once been kicked from a group because of that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If they did, I would have to become toxic and give them a piece of my mind!

You are a great gamer, you know what you are doing and anyone who would pre-judge you for not having the “right” artifact is a ninny! Yes I said it, they would be a ninny!
    • Like x 2
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've been pretty lucky since I came back to DCUO. I've never even been asked about EoG, even though most of the people spamming LFG for healers want EoG heal. And that's fine by me, because the only toon I have with an EoG is my tank villain, who got it as a drop from one of the Atlantis instances.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I suggest restricting a player from being kicked before the last boss in any Alert or Raid. If the party has gotten that far I submit that the team is capable of finishing the last boss intact.
    • Like x 1
  6. Blue Active Player

Sounds to me like you were staying outside boss fights and not killing anything and just looking for collections. There is an LFG for that stuff, no need for people like that in random queue groups. Hopefully the ban goes through for your toxic behavior in pms, that is unacceptable.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Earlier on about a month or two ago I was in a group that was just about to finish taking down Faust when one of the dps started insulting me for not spamming it citing the other healer had three times the damage out as me and I was just like "wtf" and left. Die *itch.

Everyone running their own agenda in an instance is its own special hell but as someone who runs in a league of one I get the "get it when you can" mentality where getting briefings and investigations is concerned. Even when I was in friendly helpful leagues I found myself missing out on stuff because everyone else was busy getting theirs and moving on. Many times even when new instances are only a day or two old players rush ahead and just don't care about others in the group so if i see someone trying to get theirs I'll help out. If you pug or use on duty sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. It's always best to just jet from a bad situation, move on and try again. I have lots of stories where that strategy worked out much to my benefit and I only wasted a little bit of time instead of a lot.

I said it before that I have my own threshold based on the sliding scale of my mood. I'll only vote to kick players who are being over the top rude. I don't like playing with people who have vulgar screenames (and I have a potty mouth).
    • Like x 1
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

Prison Break is such instance where you teleport to a different map right at the last boss.
  9. BƖack Dedicated Player

Have you read my post? Probably just scrolled down. Before you reply, read what i said.
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

Finally a normal answer.
  11. xGMZen Well-Known Player

yeah i know what youre going through, its ironic how they have to get a raid done but just kick someone for any nitpicky reason, just to wait even longer to find a new player. I know it stems from adhd but i think it should be an offense. i had adhd, and i learned to have patience in difficult situations. however thats no excuse to take advantage of players trying to have fun or trying to grind, there is an excuse option for players, also I dont think its fair or cooperative when a group insists on a player needing to be excused but forcing that person into leaving unexcused either. its counterproductive and 100% uncooperative. I have to agree with you.
    • Like x 1
  12. xGMZen Well-Known Player

thats extremely unfair for omnibus runs, if they want to invite their friends they should probably group up with them from the start. random queues should be just random players.
  13. xGMZen Well-Known Player

i agree, I even reported a scammer who openly admits he scams, and he get on to do it some more.
  14. xGMZen Well-Known Player

yeah,
    yes, and then they complain about how they cant find anyone Even though they kicked everyone but their friends and people THEY deem as worthy. they decide who gets to pass but when no one on their "op list" is on everyone just sucks and should quit dc. and they wonder why people stop playing, and why people aren't joining. lol I mean I just ignore people like that, maybe everyone should do the same.
  15. xGMZen Well-Known Player

thats easy for one to say when they enjoy ganging up on one guy for exploring and being patient. if people can't wait to proceed who's fault is that? you know, neverwinter has a system before facing demigorgon, perhaps have the same system. (8 players together in front of the boss room before engaging) because players have a tendency to "leroy jenkins, before the tank can pull adds..
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If at all possible, I highly recommend only playing with a majority of your league mates / friends when going into a new instance where one would want to look for investigations / collections / get feats. It’s just safer with people you know & trust.

I know having a group made up of 100% of one’s own league mates / friends is not possible for some, and a pug experience is required. In such cases communication is very important. Clearly communicate your intentions before beginning the mission. If at that point they will not honor your request, just try to get through the mission with them or leave on your own. Some people are just plain mean, so they take delight in causing others to have a bad day.
    • Like x 2