Keeping players Longterm interested in the Future DLCs?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by zNot, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not to dig on ya but to your 1st point “a)”
    So ur saying your only looking for ppl with experience? How does one go about gaining experience if you dont take em an show em?
    Maybe im misunderstanding but thats what i see as the issue.
    I see all the posts about “its so easy blah blah blah” an thats just not true at all (unless u are only running with ppl who all already have the experience an have successfully cleared multiple times etc).
    Its a very hard raid. I know this because i am a pretty good DPS. Im not the best but im well above average, i have a good grasp on alot of the mechanics an have been in some pretty knowledgeable groups where each player also had a decent understanding an were all solid players etc. We couldnt even get last long enough to take grail out. Again, this is a really solid group some of which have cleared an even were full elite.
    Now im not saying you are saying its easy at all, im speaking in general to the ones who do claim its easy
    BUT to those acting like elitist an staying in your special little circle an not helping anyone or letting anyone In so they can learn THEN attempting to pass it off as easy, re-think your position. Its a very hard raid. If solid groups of good players who are knowledegable and often play together so have some cohesion cant even beat grail then its not easy. If it were easy, anyone would clear it an they’d clear it absent speed hackers. To claim its easy is just lying.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

As hated as it was, the old system where the bosses dropped special raid gear then there was a vendor set kept people running alot longer, but honestly dude just run the event version if you dont like the que times or something i get missions in like less then 5 mins.. issue is these new open world raids
  3. zNot Loyal Player

( this is a long answer)
    I see, so when i was saying the raid is easy im talking about the perspective of a Support roll when it comes to damage income this raid is not super difficult ( talking about the bosses themself normal weapon attacks) tanks with previous dlc gear have no issues surviving which shouldnt be the case,i said earlier mechanic alone dont make a raid automatically difficult and i think tanks have a too easy job currently compared to some older elite raids for example phonix cannon elite was much better made in this topic mechanic wise (1 shots) and high incoming damage from the boss to the Tank. as a side note the devs already said this (current raid) will be a pretty difficult one yet multiple groups done it in less then 24 hrs even though we need the augment to rank 23 (otherwise more wouldve done it).

I wouldnt mind if they re-use a map like arkham asylum (the alert) and make a very difficult elite raid out if it and put around 5 bosses which get harder and harder as you get to the next one. in another dlc They already did a similar thing before with prison break elite which was by the way a good elite raid too the map of that raid is from a 4man alert.

Healers and Tanks in DC are generally very powerfull also with debuffs from troll (decreasing outgoing damage of the boss combined with amulet of rao huge deal) especially with those artefacts we got most have them on 200 all 3 artefacts who do Elite so its basically people are 1 DLC above the ones they release since they seem not to count in those big stat buffs and abilitys we get from the artefacts.

I can give some examples of elite raids which i found good
    I know as a dps it is different since you wont know how hard the boss hits only the tank will know.

hive elite also was a hard hitting exactly how it should be.

Ultimate soldier elite last boss and gentleman ghost were great ones too.

Throne of the dead Elite the massive amount of adds with 1 shots very unique very nice.

Shattered gotham elite very nice one thumbs up and and the other raid of that same dlc forgot the name ( where u fight vs doctor fate) was also better then most elite raids.

Phonix cannon elite was a good one too maybe too much mechanic heavy but overall very solid

False idols elite now the interesting thing is that people were struggling so hard to finish this even though it had very little challenge for dpses (mechanic wise) and you know why? Because the bosses were hitting hard to the Tank and most werent able to survive the first and second boss and this is good i would prefer such elite raid again in each dlc.

Also monsters of metal elite (metal part 1 dlc) was also a very good one.

And last but not least darksides war Factory very well made again hard hitting bosses with mechanics thumbs up.

Does anyone know the name of the developers who created each of these elite raids? Would be interesting to know.

These were the best Elite raids with high difficulty ones which were released from my years long experience after Paradox/Nexus which to this day these 2 are my favorite raids.

One thing i wanna say too is that there is no way a Tank should be able to have absolutly no issues surviving Hits from a Elite boss with previous DLC gear, Tanks MUST gear up before trying a elite raid and this does not mean that augments should be requiered ,augments shouldnt work in elite raid at all! Only regular raids and other content for that dlc except elite! Whats the point of a elite Raid these days? One long elite raid with 4-5 or more bosses is what we need.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Just to clarify since i cant edit : pce had too much rng not mechanics you could get her sky attack 2 times in a row if u were unlucky abit rng is fine but too much can be annoying.

And prison break elite wasnt getting difficult incase it came over how i wrote it the last boss was a Joke. I wrote it in cause they re-used this map from a alert to show that they can take the old locations maybe modify it abit and put like 5 elite bosses in them, thats why i wrote it down there and put it in but its the easyist elite raid of the ones i wrote there from my experience.
    Also i would take prison break elite out of that list not dificult enough.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Fair enough and again, wasnt a dig in u or anything
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Yea all good i know just trying to explain things better if incase a dev does read my comments which this thread is created to give them feedback on how to tackle this issue which is pretty simple to solve as i gave the reasons.
    That bosses dont hit hard enough infact its so low that previous dlc gear (not even elite) is enough to complete it as A Tank.
    • Like x 1