Keeping players Longterm interested in the Future DLCs?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by zNot, Sep 16, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is main reason I said 'most' not all of ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I think that they need to adjust the elite raids how are people able to play the hardest Elite content with the gear from previous dlc?

That shows how easy they made the bosses (not the mechanics) but the incoming normal attack damage, thats why i said they need to increase the incoming damage to the Tank especially since he will be the main one who has to deal with it because then he will have to gear up and the more pressure on the tank the more pressure will automatically be on the groups and even once he group geared up he should always struggle or be in danger thats how a difficult and fun Raid is created...

Another thing is that to make elite raids different both difficulty wise ( as i gave examples to how to do so its really simple) and changing up the gearing system so it never gets boring with the gearing system and also the endboss reward for the newest elite content should be adjusted i think people who complete the most difficult raid should get a chance for a drop of for example a seal or something just a chance atleast... i mean the rushing part is a problem which can be also solved by multiple ways ofcourse and i dont think removing resets is good because they will lose money from that.

Im not sure if i understood your question correctly but i hope you can see what im trying to say.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Elites haven't been "elite" for a long time. I learned my lesson a while ago when I literally had no feats or gear left to earn and spent months bored out of my skull sitting at the broker. Sure I made a ton of money, but I like actually playing the game lol. So ever since Metal 2, I stopped chasing elites and finishing feats in the first few weeks. Actually. I stopped buying all vendor gear period, and have just ran elites once a week. Ive been doing this mostly so I have something to do later on, but I also found that purple dropped gear, with full arts and augs, gets you through everything in an episode. Im not in any real need of skill points anymore so instead of using marks to buy gear, I buy vendor items to sell. I'll get those gear feats when they fall out of relevancy and only cost a fraction in source marks. It is sad when the broker and economy has become more important because the content is too easy
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Thank you for saying exactly what im trying to tell here im not the only one who is bothered of the way they give us easy elite raids
  5. MxOiE Level 30

I wonder how hard the devs laughed at this when they saw yet another post from a person who just HAD to be full elite gear week 1 spam replay badges until max geared in the first week and then cry about “no content”?
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Can you stop saying absolute nonsense ? Look at the date when the dlc came out and when i was full elite gear it wasnt 1 week if you have nothing meaningfull to say to the content feedback stop replying im here to give them tipps on how to improve the game.
  7. DamageControlPS Active Player

First of all, the message is right but it’s out badly you don’t need anything special to make the dlc longer, have you got the no death feat? Our league spent last two months gearing up playing getting better and eventually we did the no death feat and now we have to do it again for more league members in ur league is as active as it’s ever been over 2 months into the dlc? These hard feats is what keeps interest in the game and makes gearing up relevant, this is how you make these docs longer add hard feat and keep adding another hard feats maybe couple months in again. So all the spamming week 1 you can show for it. Don’t bring up speed hackers because genuinely who speed hacks they are better off not playing anyway after week one. Hard feats will make people stay motivated to play people who quit clearly only care to gear up and go afk for few months anyway seems like. This dlc Only has one raid which was a shame but epic feats. Now if they had two hard elites and even harder feats that would be the real sweet spot!
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

First i didnt bring speedhacker up it was someone else. Yes hard feats are also a must also i think a no death feat for the whole elite raid and a no death feat for each boss should be in ALL future raids very simple and a good overall challenge. The future dlc“s elite raids in general need to be reworked/different approach there is no old school like feeling due to the low difficulty level aswell as just giving us 2 bosses is not fun and this has ben going on for years here and there they may do a bit of a difficult one like shattered gotham elite but this should be something which should be always in each dlc a very diffiult raid.

Incase you have ideas on how to make it better write it down i think a overall incoming damage to the tank is a good step in the right direction to make elite raids harder aswell as keeping 1 shot mechanics like in Phonix cannon Elite on. But 2 difficult feats alone wont keep people interested. Making the Elite raid itself more difficult and fun is a much better way to increase longevity of that DLC“s also augments for each dlc should only work in regular and open world not in elite another important thing to make it less paytowin and more about skill.
    Note: this thread about difficulty level is purely about elite raids not regular.
  9. MxOiE Level 30

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Have you used replay badges in the process of gearing up? I'm about to show you exactly how stupid you sound with this post and how what I say isn't nonsense. Judging from your previous comments, you did in fact use replay badges. You used them in order to speed up the gearing process which is supposed to take some time to do. You chose to purposely blow through the content and then think to yourself that it's not your fault you're now bored and left with nothing to do but it's everyone else who isn't in control of your own self-control. You then come to the forums complaining about your self imposed boredom only to disagree and argue with everyone who isn't siding with your fault mindset. Go ahead and delete this whole post, lil bro.
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Heck I'd like to get more elite done but a lack of players that are ready and focused/geared to run it, are far and few. I partially blame the multiple feats and rewards connected to the bounty currency and the dlc augment xp change (meaning slower progression to two maxed 23 augments, which are a must to beat elite last boss).
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

You have made a very good point there first that people focus alot on bountys rather then elite raids which to me and many others the elite raid is the main part of a DLC not a bounty that also lines up to me saying earlier that the rewards for elite raids should be improved so more people do/try them but the Raids itself need to be fun i think DCUO team can do it if it shifts its focus more on elite raids rather then bountys or cosmetic items And i fully agree with the augment part its just too grindy takes skill away thats why i said they should not work in elite raids only in regular and the open world aswell as other content (duo,alerts) designed for that specific dlc.
    As a sidenote i also think 2 augments are not needed 1 is enough.
    • Like x 1
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just too many times we try to go in there and ppl are behind on their augments because of the change, so they often do not run it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Kindly define what u mean specifically by “ready”?
    Do u mean properly geared or have somehow learned the raid even tho no one has showed them or correct augs or what?
    Just curious is all, more often than not i hear “so n so is not ready” but what they really mean is that they wont run with them till someone else has put the time an work into teaching them the raids.
    Not taking a shot, just curious because from what im seeing in game, “ready” is extreemly dif by definition from one player to another haha
  14. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Everything opposite of what was said. Don't like Elite. Don't do them. They are supposed to have one hard very challenging one and one less hard. The raid should of featured 6 bosses like the outdoor content. having two bosses spawning at once. One in each patchwork raid session instead of mounds of trash adds. I would of been fine with 1 raid if they had twice as many bosses making it basically the length of 2 raids with the rewards of 2 raids.
    • Like x 1
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Another issue:

Hydra when defeated, should drop 100 prestige. So many league members are doing the bounties, NOT enough prestige is being earned. Normally, my league has what I call diminishing returns on prestige and league hall donations an item normally counting as 3 to (1) by the end of the weekend. Very often there is above 10 players on during the weekends. However, with this bounty spam system, a lot less prestige is being earned.
    • Like x 1
  16. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Old content was made irrelevant also. Top play tier players are penalized by having a higher than 307 CR so they can't earn Source marks in older content before BOP. That's part of the reason I keep my toons CR at the cap, to earn more. Then players with higher CR are salty when they get out DPSed because they think CR is everything, but it depends on player skill + SP, augments, artifacts, power & rotation and then CR. What incentives are there to play older content. If there was a CR scaling options for old content, Players would play it with a decent reward system. But it's a throw away model ATM.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

People who dont want to do elite dont have to do them Exactly.
    And yes exactly what i said earlier more bosses in Elite raids.

this DLC current one had only 2 bosses for 1 raid its seriously underwhelming, i was expecting more from this DLC.
    as much as i love DC and know its potentia these elite raids which should last for 4-6 months but get boring after 4 weeks..
    Charon did listen to feedback greatly and had the perfect mindset but the final product wasnt better then other DLC“s.
    i dont think it would be a big deal to add 5-6 bosses (i dont care if the boss matches the episode or not) in a elite raid with 1 shot mechanics like ultimate soldier elite had and bosses which actually are a threat to the tank.

I will test and give feedback for the upcoming Raid im expecting finally a change in this topic its seriously making a ton of people quit because
    1. no challenge
    2. raid is too short,too much adds before getting to boss makes it worse.
    3. bosses are underwhelming even with previous dlc gear people have no big issues surviving especially that should never be the case for the Tank if the tank with full gear is struggling then you know its a good Elite raid.
    3. 2 bosses only is too boring and easy we need 5-6 bosses.
    4. people get better at the game but the content is not getting more difficult.
    5. augments should not be a must for elite raids infact augments shouldnt work in Elite raids at all.
    One thing i want to say is that i do like the current bounty system BUT i think 2-3 bosses are enough and instead of focusing in to bountys that much they should reduce the amount of bounty bosses and instead should be putting those bosses to elite raid instead.
    • Like x 1
  18. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Agreed. If the current model like this episode happens, not going to sub. There was less content last year. Excuse was adding to switch which seems like that was worth while? This year 2 episodes and 1 with less content than normal. Are we getting a 3rd episode this year? We used to get 4 episodes a year. There is less and less reason to sub.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Yes the content is getting less and less i dont know how they expect us to play a DLC with no longevity for 5-6 months in this latest case.
    i will do not continue to buy membership untill they change what i said above about Elite raids this issue has been going on for years and yet the same Boring cycle beginns after every DLC! This has to change, i think that what we are asking for should be in the game anyway.
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

What I mean is too far and between we try to find or get ppl and they either a) aren't geared up or have experience b) they don't have fully maxed augments to run the elite. The devs have made it harder to lvl the dlc augments with the xp changes, that many are like, " To hell with elite, too much trouble getting the augments up or spending crazy amounts of time in there. Why do that when I can get 2 affinity elite bonuses by running for aether for the elite weapon, rings, and neck?". The devs end up taking incentive away from players running elite.
    • Like x 1