Keeping everyone positive.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Incredible Fly, Sep 5, 2013.

1. The Incredible Fly New Player

This is obviously not a mandatory action however it would be nice if more people would try.

Having started from scratch with a new character after not playing for a lengthy period of time, I'm being reminded of how new players are treated in the early stages of their learning curve. You don't smack a child and tell them they're stupid if they pronounce a word improperly when they're just learning to speak, do you? No.

So to the people who are constantly riding new players asxes, get off it... Everyone has to start somewhere. Sure it can be frustrating when someone isn't doing their role properly, but if they're new to the game they have an excuse. It's not appropriate to harass them over how to play or to kick them from the alert/raid because you think they're "stupid." If they're being kicked from everything they do how are they supposed to learn?

Also, someone who has been playing DC for a long period of time can still be a mediocre player. Not everyone you come into contact with will reach the epitome of what their power can achieve. Telling them they're terrible or constantly blaming them for anything that goes wrong in the duo/alert/raid (what ever it may be you're participating in together) isn't going to improve their quality. If you think someone isn't doing their job properly constructive criticism would be a lot more viable than bashing them for any slip ups...

All I'm saying is that DC is a great game and I enjoy it more than most that I play. The community however is beyond the worst I've ever been a part of. I'm not always the most pleasant person myself but I make a note of it not to scrutinize anyone for how they play the game. If they're being rude in the shoutbox then I'll certainly put them in their place, but otherwise if they're short coming on power, healing, tanking or DPSing I'm not going to tell them to leave and continue to complain about them after their gone... You pay for your game and your experience. Not theirs. Until you pay for everyone else's games, you do NOT have the right to tell them how to play. It's much different when it comes to profanity or verbal abuse. In that case, you may, and should, defend yourself and/or report them to the appropriate sources. Otherwise, it would be nice if the community would stop being such a... Well such a dxuche.

Anyway, the only real point of this post is asking people to work together and to stop bitxhing and moaning. If you think that someone isn't doing their job, you are just as able to leave as they are. Don't like it? Don't play... There will always be new players and bad players. Get over it and stop being a bully...
    • Like x 3
  2. Buckley Loyal Player

me likes you already;)
  3. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I agree people on here can be a holes, but there are just as many new players that are A holes as well...many i've come across don't take constructive criticism well at all, saying i'm new so i'm still learning but refuses to take advice from anyone. So it goes both ways. If you are in a raid/alert and the "newer" player just will not listen and it's like talking to a brick wall, at some point being nice doesn't cut it.
  4. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Well said. Of course you realize you are asking people to act as team players mentors, and with compassion. How DARE you?!?!?! :)