Just take servers down and fix it already.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RaidenGods, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

nope gu3 still the worst by far.
  2. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Every time something like this happens, the forums are flooded with people cursing the Devs and demanding compensation.

For a second, put down your imaginary pitch forks and just think about why you are upset.

WE are upset because we are passionate about a game we care about. We look forward to playing when we have free time. We want every moment to be a fantastic experience. Other than that, we (if you do) pay for a product, and we want that product to work.

Now, this will sting. This will hurt.

In no way are you being forced to pay or play this game. There is no human body standing behind you with a loaded gun making you play this game. Your income is not based on you playing this game. Your living condition are not available to you because you play this game.

THIS IS JUST A GAME.

If the above is false I am going to assume that most likely you are part of the Daybreak Team. Which in that case, this effects you the most. (Product has to work for people to use it, which in turn means your job is depended on a product working.)

But for the rest of us, we are NOT helping by making a post and crying over spilt milk. For some of the newer people to DCUO, they have been spilling milk for YEARS. And, for the most part, we are still here. You are not "Making a Difference." Nor are you fixing the problem. What you do is clog the forums with useless bull and a toxic attitude.

Are you frustrated? Yes.
    Do you think that you know better? Yes.
    Does any of it matter? No

I can assure you, you will not be compensated for any real time down. Maybe 50-100 replay badges. You will not get a new feat because you had to sit through a 6-24 hours down time. Maybe 1 extra day of SM.

If these are things that bother you, you have one of two options.

1. Apply for a position with Daybreak Games. Move your way to the top in a position that will allow you to make direction decisions about the game.

2. Find something else to do with your time. $15 a month can be used in many different areas. Literally, go outside, read a book...find another game to play.

So I love DCUO so, get over it. Servers are down. Game is broken. Pay or Don't Pay. But if you are aware of how this game functions anymore, "Pay at Your Own Risk." Cause this wont be the last time this happens.
    • Like x 6
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Dam the people still defending must have no life other then dc lmao freaking sadd.
    • Like x 1
  4. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

I was the person who ask the original question of comparing the 2 updates. I agree that update 3 was the worse and drove off players. Update 3 was broken for a long time, so I understand not trying to compare unless this problem continues to persist for multiple weeks (see how quickly people would quit if this happen again).

The reason I made the comparison is that it seems like the same thing: the Devs have no clue what has broken the game. Hopefully we are not dealing with that same timeframe of GU3 to fix the issue.
  5. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Did you just google GU 3 or where you part of it.....cause its was a lot longer that a couple days.
    • Like x 1
  6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Pay everyones subscription or hush.
    • Like x 3
  7. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I can log into the open world but...

Can't queue up for missions.
    - Always get extra long loading screen.
    - Player has declined. Searching for a new group...
    - Disconnected. Error message. 0x0034
    - Username showed up in left hand corner prior to start of duo mission. But I was still in open world. Didn't load.

Every time I log back in. Starting point is always Gotham Subway area. Even though I was nowhere near that area prior to disconnect. I roamed Gotham. Picking up exobits, but in random locations it seems they are glitched. Cannot be picked up.
  8. Malachee Committed Player

lol That sounds like the new slogan for DCUO should be:

"Relax, the game might be worse tomorrow!" :cool:
    • Like x 3
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

You can't tell me what to do!

*shakes fist*

also *nods in agreement*
    • Like x 2
  10. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

I understand where you are coming from. Also please look at the perspective of those that have been here through all of these issues. Remember GU3 and the hack (not dcuo fault, but sony), but when those issues occured the game lost players. The more issues that continue to occur on a regular basis will again cause more n more players to finally give up and leave.

This is what concerns me, the longer issues like this happen, the more population we lose ( and we really can't afford that)
    • Like x 2
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

[IMG]

*continues not giving Daybreak a pass on the consistent game issues*
    • Like x 1
  12. xXDreadPooLXx New Player

Not to contribute to another such thread...but it's strange to me how the central point is missed, cause it's reeeeeally simple.
    If my cable goes out for a few hours or a day..then my account is prorated. The same is true for Internet, cell service etc.....
    It's common sense. If you pay for a service and something happens. That's fine. Things that fall outside of our control happen. However it is the responsibility of the party at fault to make sure the customers, which is Exactly what we are, aren't made to literally pay for the inconvenience.

Again. I'm not upset. But if I were upset it wouldn't be because I'm passionate about the game. It would be because I'm a customer paying for a service that isn't being rendered.
    • Like x 9
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Kubala Kahn New Player

I got one thing to say to all that. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". If you think companies don't care about customer complaints....... well they do.

I quote from you "I can assure you, you will not be compensated for any real time down. Maybe 50-100 replay badges."

Read that over and over until you get the point you just made yourself.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Kubala Kahn New Player

Thank you for making sense. I just came back to this game about a week ago and am really glad I didn't take the 3 month sub option, just the 1 month. If this happens again next weekend or whenever inside the month, there no way I'm resubing.
  17. Ultimos New Player

New player here. Just got three month package and I doubt I will let it hit me again. I like the game but I am a parent and my playtime is limited and 3 out of 4 weekends I've been a paying customer has been riddled with these problems.
    • Like x 1
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

All I can say to the devs is.... take your time. Ignore people who are "world still down wahh wahh". Better to fix everything in one long go rather than staggering shutting down servers.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea and players around here EXPECT the game to break when we get new content or episodes. What does that say about the state of the game? Ive been in 3 leagues in 3yrs on dcuo. Every single time we got a gu or dlc someone said "wonder what will be broken 2mor when it goes live?". Also had many friends joke about it ingame too. The game being broken, unplayable, or full of bugs should not be expected and the norm. Yet somehow u think its ok. Let people ask for whatever. Who cares. Thats for DBG to decide. Not u. And if they did give people something it doesnt affect u. I cannot understand the mindset of defending a broken product. Or why u or anyone would care what someone else asks for. Sure state your opinion, no issue there. I just dont get it.
    • Like x 1
  20. VintageWine Dedicated Player

This is giving me time to think of ways to get back at Dread & Agent Rood for punk'd me twice back to back. So let the game be down so I can come back with a vengeance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.