Just saw the Hotfix notes after attempting the Resistance feat...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Aug 2, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Like, am I justified in my being upset? We made multiple attempts at this and couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong, only to find out it actually wasn't us the whole time.

I had a good group and probably won't get a group like that again for who knows how long....

I can never get raid feats done so I guess this'll be another I'll never get.
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It was known since thursday it was glitched. You tell me if you justify then
  3. Craven Green Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  4. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Well I guess I'll just start living on the forums then! Lol
    • Like x 4
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

Probably not a bad idea, some good info here many people don't know about.
    • Like x 2
  6. Craven Green Loyal Player

It was only after trying the feat a bunch of times that I sought help and found that information.
  7. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Right? If only they realized the game is not played through the forums...

If only there was a way for DCUO to inform players when they logged on...something like a MOTD or a pop up screen that did more than just try to take you to the Market Place to sell you stuff. Alas, clearly those are just absurd suggestion so lets all check the forums 24/7 so we don't miss a thing.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 3
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

You have 5 months to get it, plenty of time.
    • Like x 1
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Or you know, take 5 minutes and check them.
    • Like x 3
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

If people took 5 minutes every day to check the forums I can assure you in game chat would be way better than it is. You could have just checked the feed back thread for the raid and see that there was something wrong since from day one players where complaining about the feat. Just because you didn't want to take the time to see it's not their fault.
    • Like x 1
  11. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Totally, makes sense...because a good business model always involves making paying customers have to research issues with the services they pay for rather than be informed. Pro-active customer service is just not a thing anymore...

Twitter, MOTD and pop-ups should only be used to sell us more Power Token or Booster Bundles!!

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 4
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Did you enjoy your time trying to get the feat?

To me, enjoying the time spent getting a feat or achieving something difficult is far more important than actually achieving it and I'd take that over 25 feat points, any day.

Case in point, I spent hours trying to beat Nexus when it first came out in 2013. In fact, if you include grinding for vendor gear, I spent over a month trying to beat that raid. Sure, I beat it and achieved my goal, but 3 years later, I look back at the fond memories of actually trying to beat it more so than the actual completion of the content.

If you enjoyed yourself, then why be angry? Ask the people you ran it with if they want to try again and give it another shot.
    • Like x 5
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

No, paying costumers should be informed of changes and issues, and that's what the forums are for, but if you want to be lazy that's up to you, pretty sure the time wasted complaining here could have been used to check the feedback thread for any other changes.
    • Like x 2
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

lol he didn't get the feat, that's what he's complaining about, all the time wasted because he never checked the feedback thread to find out the feat was bugged from the start.
    • Like x 1
  15. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Yup, asking to be informed as a customer = being lazy. Read that in the Oxford...

They should do away with all warning signs on packages, recalls, public safely announcements, etc...people are just lazy...find out stuff on your own! No need to be pro-active as a business right?

Clearly we are on two totally different wave lengths or you simply are incapable of understanding business principles and good customer service. Either way, you are correct on one thing...I've spent too much time replying to you already.

Have a good day.

Regards,
    M
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

Honestly, unless your in a big League or have a friend(s) that do visit the forums, you'll never know 99% of what's really going on.

They change major aspects if this game near daily. There's never any info inside the game.

I've often wondered how anyone can play this game, and know what the hell is going on, if they don't read the forums every day.
    • Like x 1
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I know he didn't. I thought I made that pretty clear in my reply? That's why I asked him if he enjoyed his time trying to get the feat and then recommended he reform the good group he was in to try and get it again.

It isn't "time wasted" if you enjoy yourself. Because ultimately it doesn't matter whether you get the feat or not if you had fun. Having a good evening in DCUO is far better than some worthless 25 point feat.
    • Like x 1
  18. Craven Green Loyal Player

Hold up I just thought of something.

The OP saw the hotfix ON THE FOUMS, came to complain ON THE FORUMS but didn't see if there was a problem with the feat ON THE FORUMS.

Since you became a member over 5 months ago I have no pity for you. You know there are feedback threads, you know stuff gets bugged upon release so after several attempts why didn't you check to see if there was a bug? I didn't even come to the forums I googled the feat and it took me right to the information.
    • Like x 1
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh I thought you mean getting the feat, not trying to get it. And if he tried so many times at least he got gear and scraps (new costs begin today so he may just have enough to craft something).
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

There is some patch notes that get displayed on the welcome screen, but most people just hit the X to get out of it anyways. Now I don't know if this information is on there, but that's probably because I hit the "X".

In any case, you don't have to log into the forums to check it. Just bookmark the devs/staff tracker link.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?recent-activity/ I don't know if there is a browser on the PS3/PS4/XB1, but most people have a phone with a browser.
    • Like x 1