Just Here Me Out About New Powers...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by PacifistSlade, Sep 1, 2017.

1. recoil Committed Player

well what about ghost powers? we have gentleman ghost, the spectral enemies in spectre and halloween content, and the enemies in trigon's prison. kinda have teleportation like quantum and phase abilities like atomic's and some of the iconic abilities. along with some ranged and melee attacks like in the recently released water power.
    • Like x 1
  2. vitaliy4444 New Player

Powerset who would like to play
    wind
    sand
    time
    magma
    infection
    metal
  3. krytine Loyal Player

4. PacifistSlade New Player

Nothing to much to say about universal powers... Guess my imagination ran wild lol
  5. PacifistSlade New Player

Time wouldnt work because there's quautum(There's even a time tree(was b4 revamp)... Sand who be a copy of marvel...infection, Magma, and Metal have VERY low chances of it ever coming to DCUO .

Ratings I Give these powers ever coming to DCUO-

Time-1/10
    Sand-2/10
    Infection-4/10
    Magma-2/10
    Metal- A Range From4/10 to 6 to 7/10
    Wind-6/10

Reasons For my Ratings (Infection, Magma, Metal, and Wind)

Infection~~ Idek Tbh... I just feel like when you think about what exactly is Infection... I have a few Clever ideas (Wont share them=) )but i dont think DC Devs will take this Consideration... ( Anything Is Possible when u Drop PS3 =) )

Magma- Idek wtf is "Magma" Exactly so I Was being nice by giving it a 2/10 =0

Metal~~ With a Little thought and EFFORT Metal can be a REally good power.... Im Thinking Tank... Mabye... What do yall think?

Wind~~ This is Speaks By Itself... A Troll (Duhh)
  6. PacifistSlade New Player

Ion See it workin for Ghost Powers... But like i said before~ " Just because I dont like the thought of it, Dont mean the power can't work out"

-Facts
  7. recoil Committed Player

i could probably see wind being a power as quite a few characters do have weather powers. if we were going by powers liable to appear as they are canon commonly in comics i could see: metal, as many heroes have sub magnetic or straight up magnetism like statics electro magnetism or magneto's magneto kinesis, spectral/ghost power just based on the sheer amount of ghosts already in game and dc comics, light(not hard light but light as used by living laser and dr light), sound and sonic vibration would be interesting as sound has been shown to have some very interesting physiological, defensive, and offensive effects on living things and the environment, white lantern powers(healer obviously with base lantern powers plus heals), and maybe solar powers if we take this to be distinct from fire(beings like super man, fire storm, and sunfire). some powers ruled out: darkness manipulation as this already exists as a sub set for celestial and if it was implemented would be almost villain exclusive, as would be sinestro lantern powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Have no idea what universal powers means.

Can't you just use SS movement mode as a speed force power?

If you wanna use wind go earth and use flight powers.
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

I think he means cosmic. I don't like the whole celestial power-set to be honest.

DCU could learn a lot from the superior "Other game." If you played both, you can tell more thought, consideration, and skill went into the "Other game." DCU is extremely limited in what they can do. DCU is a developmental monstrosity.....Just going to use powers from there, which could be implemented here.

In my opinion, they could just release a free-form power palette I cringe at the notion of them developing another power-set.

Creature: Claw slashes, Bites, etc

Wind: Fairly self-explanatory.

Power Armor: Cyborg, Lex, Iron-Man

Tech-Blades

Creature Summons: The "Other game" has a Hydra, Giant Spider, among other things

Shadow Powers
  10. mwals2523 New Player

what about Holy powers
    and
    Darkness Powers
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

UNIVERSAL power - where you could can pick any moves from all existing powersets, iconics, all movements trees, pvp legends and humanoid NPCs. Captain boomerang toss, here I come.
  12. sirzap Well-Known Player

[sarcasm]
    That is what you call CELESTIAL powers.
    [end sarcasm]
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

That's the problem. and kind of cheap way out if you want but yea, when SOE first acquired the IP to create dcuo that was all the speed force we would ever see. but since the large success of the game, for instance, off topic we couldn't have any real emblems unless they were cemented in the true color such as the vaults sweatshirts and t-shirts. but after War of the light 1. and the Green lantern IP upgrade they were given due to the fan base loving dcuo. they have been given more rights to do more "ICONIC" powers and items/styles.
    saying the super speed is all we need works but its weak, there are like 3 or 4 attacks in the superspeed tree and only 1 or 2 are actually effective, so ss movement is a fraction of what it could do for the actual speed force powerset. like they did with atomic, fire was originally all we were going to get , that's why firestorm is the layout name you choose when creating a character and the power is fire and the head of the player is a candlestick just like firestorm after they released atomic that was actually more like the firestorm characters powers.
    I think quantum was created right before they were able to dive into more IP connections. i think if they were to redo quantum it would be more like the speed force powerset and the way the flash plays as legends pve and pvp, cause he is awesome with a combo of brawling and martial arts fighting style with the phase punch and awesome ranged attack being turned into a quick jump forward much like the quantum jump move but with no stupid big blue bubble around us now gah i hate that anyway thanks for reading my rubbish I hope some of you get what I mean and would welcome the speed force power with open arms to the game cause trust me some of these other ideas I've seen are great but some are just rickdiculous !!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

15. THUNDERPACE New Player

What about something like Plastic man or Elongated man? You know elastic based abilities such as stretching, shape-shifting limbs into specific weapons like hammers/blades/ or just stretching the limb to punch as a range attack. Even turning into a bouncy ball and pounding enemies into pavements. Think it would be an epic power set. Feel like these two don't get the recognition they deserve cos they're considered comic relief, but they actually have one of the most versatile power sets in the DCU, total control over their molecules. Know the mechanics and animations would be a nightmare, but it would be seriously cool to stretch all over the place. You could even alter the acrobatic zip line movement to stretch the avatar's limb instead to pull them toward their desired destination
  16. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player