Just Here Me Out About New Powers...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by PacifistSlade, Sep 1, 2017.

1. PacifistSlade New Player

I'm NOT Trying to rush DCUO Dev's, But..... Its Allways A Good thing As A Community to come up With New Ideas Ahead of time, So with that being said I have two powers that CAN MAKE IT IN DCUO

-Wind Powers

-Universal Powers

Now Just Think Really Quick... In my Personal Opinion, Water Came Out Just Perfect... Imagine What These Two power could Look Like.

Role Wise: In My Eyes... Both Can Be Either A Controller or a Tank. I Really Can't see Neither Of These Powers Being A Healer. With a little Thinking Universal Powers CAN Be a Healer Power if done Right.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What would Universal Powers even be?
    • Like x 5
  3. PacifistSlade New Player

Wym by That Statement?
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Like what is it? Water powers means you use water, Earth means you use Earth. What does "universal" mean?
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea whats it mean? You told us to hear you out Mr. Idea man....
  6. PacifistSlade New Player

I mean if u have a imagination and Common Sense... U use The universe type theme as your power... They made Quautum Work out
  7. PacifistSlade New Player

Thanks For the NickName
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Sorry but Water is the last power. Reason.....PS3
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i could see "universe powers" as something along the lines of the power cosmic but thats marvel.

i'd like to see some more work put into the powers we already have in game.many are in serious need of a little attention.
    • Like x 4
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...but Quantum actually means something. Quantum refers to time and space. "Universal" could literally mean anything. As WilderMidnight said above, it could be something akin to the power cosmic from Marvel, but even that's super vague beyond just using energy blasts.

Pretend I have zero imagination and a complete lack of common sense and explain to me what a Universal power set could entail.
    • Like x 5
  11. PacifistSlade New Player

Nice to still See Pro's at discussing these type of things. But... What Will Wind Powersbe like... What Things can we predict will happen if the Dev's really take this upon consideration... With At LEAST 1-3 Hours of thinking.. I'm pretty sure that Wind powers make sense to have in the game. (Opinion) But My Next Few Thread's will be about current Powers and to make sure I Observe what I'm talking about

Thank You... Belive it or not, U and Wilder taught me something.
  12. Streven Dedicated Player

I'd love to see some of the newer ideas and mechanics worked into older powersets. For example Tsunami Strikes. It's a DPS combo move that doubles as a priority heal for Water. It would be great if all healing sets had a similar move.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

no offence: if you put all flight movement powers in your loadout,
    there you go with air as a power. available for everyone allready.
    visually, quantum goes well with it. lift and downdraft fit for ranged.
    for melee combat: low and high pressure even share somekind of PI.
    • Like x 1
  14. PacifistSlade New Player

I was Thinking About Flight as "Air" powers Lmao
  15. Apolloin Well-Known Player

We just got water and the devs are still trying to balance out the powers we have. PVP is a hot mess and we still have people who play on PS3. I doubt the devs are thinking about adding another power
    • Like x 2
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

not that i expect any new power to come out soon (there is just too much else that needs to be done first) yet: i would wish for something like "BIOCHEMY" to be a power, it would fit all roles, but there is no tank power yet that i realy enjoy, so i would like it as tank power the most... anyways: it would enhance your stress level leading into superhuman condition, while using neurotransmitters to raise the levels of adrenaline, noradrenalin, cortisol, insulin, dopamin, serotonin, etc. basicly, this could give you accelerated cooldowns, faster animations and weapon attacks, reduced power costs, or have other interesting effects like (insulin) enhancing soder colas to give allways 100% health and power regeneration for example... if stress is overdosed, or you dont (use serotonin to) rest after a while, you would suffer from withdrawal effects or something similar to rage crash.

yeah, however: instead of new powers, i would be happy to get something more interesting to do than boring openworld daylies and lame instances to grind excessfully for marks to pay rediculously inflated prices for gear that is replaced under the same condition like the one before and the next and the next... just saying. devs sayd they are working on some alternate feat and progress options allready, so i think they are on the track to the issue ^^
    • Like x 1
  17. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yeah, new powers are the last thing on my mind right now. And I hope the devs feel the same way.

But since we're playing the game and I can't help myself :)

I want two things from the next power/s; physical abilities and DCU-specific powers.

Outside of Gadgets and Munitions, all the powers in the game are based around manipulating energy. So I want to see something (and these are just suggestions) like Strength (which we can sorta do now with Weapon focus), Size (like the Atom and Giganta), or Shapeshifting (like Metamorpho and Clayface). All of these would bring certain programming problems with them, but what doesnt?

As for the DC specific powers, the best thing about Light and Rage is that you feel like you're really in the DCU setting, in a way that generic powers like Fire and Sorcery don't provide. So why not dig into the concepts and IP's DC has spent almost a century crafting? Why not something like Decay (inspired by Abigail Arcane and Black Hand, Solomon Grundy, or Felix Faust) the Source (inspired by the New Gods and Infinity Man and Darkseid, etc), the Red (inspired by Vixen and Brother Blood) or the Phantom Zone (inspired by Zod and Chris Kent, Xa Du, etc)? You could even build a power around the Bleed using the Monitors, Nix Uotan, and the Anti-Monitor for inspiration. Tons of cool stuff that would really deepen the immersion.

Of course, they could always just do another Lantern power, but....yawn.
    • Like x 1
  18. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Eventually they are going to phase out PS3 do to it being obsolete. Second they could bring out the Experimental Serums like they were going to but you also could have Sound/Vibration, Liquid Metal, Mists/Vapor, and BioTech.
    They could also do with another weapon like Whips.
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

i want a speed Force powerset , SOOOO bad,
    after playing the flash in legends alot. with his martial arts mixed with brawling combat form. LOVE it, here is a list of his abilitys, and if they can make water and atomic into a power. this would be soooo fun. almost as fun as HL and gadgets IMO, and no quantum is not the speedforce so dont cut it out there. thats saying ice is water, but there is alot of awesome stuff they could do with the Speed Force powerset
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Speed Force powers could be fun. I thought about including that in the list of possible DC-focused powers in my previous post. But I figured between Electric and the movement powers we could get pretty close to the Speed Force and I left it out. But it'd make for a hell of a fun powerset if done right.
    • Like x 3