Just Announced! Episode 16's "Desecrated Cathedral" and "Oa Under Siege"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

ALL-NEW EPISODE 16 LAUNCHES THIS SEPTEMBER WITH "DESECRATED CATHEDRAL" AND "OA UNDER SIEGE"

Episode 16

Desecrated Cathedral – In this four-player Alert, players will return to the cathedral in the Gotham Wastelands at the request of Raven, Trigon's daughter, who senses a disturbance in the levels of sinful energy there. Who is behind the disturbance? What is their purpose? The answers to these questions will unleash a new threat to the universe, and a new storyline in DC Universe Online.

This is also the first Alert with an Elite version, where players can attempt a more challenging version of the content for more powerful rewards.

Oa Under Siege – While contained on Zamaron, "The Black" continues to spread across the universe, and the Black Lanterns are invading Oa. Players must assist the Green Lanterns before the Corruption spreads. This is a solo mission that will take players from one end of the DC Universe to the other as the Black Lanterns further reshape the War of the Light.

This solo mission continues the War of the Light and Black Lantern storylines.

Episode 16 will be available this September as a free download for Members and for purchase by non-Members via the PlayStation®Network, the in-game Marketplace, or for PC players via the DCUniverseOnline.com website.

• Like x 6
  2. no1 supergirl fan New Player

Will by episode 17 there will be a journal mission entry that will entail the storyline? cause so far this whole monthly content we r getting feels a bit jumbled up and story line followers like me like to follow the story?
    • Like x 6
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Glad someone brought this up. Missed them this month:(
    • Like x 1
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

What gear will be able to be purchased at the vendor this go around?
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Is the elite alert going to have at least one guaranteed drop of elite gear or will it be 112 drops with a chance of elite gear.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Mmm I'm a bit put off at this, I just hope the alert is at least hard, and elite punishing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Are the lanterns going to get another raid? It's a shame that the most interesting storyline gets the least play/screen time.
    • Like x 1
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Now that I CAN'T WAIT! Raven and trigon back and new gears and alert elite. Great job devs!
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Fixed that for you. I'm also pretty sure that they're starting with the smallgroup pieces of the lantern-content right now, only to deliver a "finale" in raid-form later. All the gears are currently lantern, I'd say it's lantern-centered enough already, based of that. Just wait for it, more lantern-content will come your way.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes they are. We are at WoLpt3, we are going to end up versing Nekron and what ever other galactic being. So yes we will get a Lantern raid in the future.
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yeah it currently looks like they will "butcher" down the trilogies into small parts for every monthly episode, unless we will get something completely different in the next episode. If it works as I suspect, that's a pretty good strategy to keep up with the trilogies like some people (me included) wanted them to do, and at the same time keep delivering something "outside the box" like many have asked for.

Swap 2 flies in one hit-kind of thing!
    • Like x 1
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

No Bombshells themed alert?

While I really enjoy the magic themed content in DCUO, I was hoping the Bombshells would have received some small team content. Please don't let their appearance be a one time thing.
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The only reason I say it is because the Lanterns have been over relegated to small group stuff dating back to Fight for the Light, whereas AF and HOP have dominated the large group content. I would have much preferred the opposite. Only 2 Lantern themed raids vs 3 in AF 2 alone and 5 for HOP.
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

War of light is the main story line focus for the year. To keep people from getting annoyed and bored of the lantern content, Devs are releasing content from different stories to keep it fresh, which I think is a good step. Bombshells this month, Trigon next. Atlantean *cough the month after? Yes I like different story lines, it keeps the content lively, not repetitively boring and keeps the DC universe alive.

And to keep your hopes up, there will be more Bombshell content in the future! ;)
  15. Redalertcliff Level 30

I thought meeps said the bombshell paradox will be the only bombshell content
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

No, after a few of the bombshell comics are released, we'll get bits and pieces of Bombshell missions which will continue the storyline. It's been mentioned a few times that it'll happen. In the episode 15 livestream last month I'm pretty sure they mentioned it.
  17. Ergotth Committed Player

well, since the bombshell paradox gave us a taste of DC's alternate timelines, that means we could have missions based on Superman: Red Son and even "Justice League: Gods and monsters" and so on.
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

Couldn't find the link but I'm almost positive it was to be the other four styled pieces this episode.
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Does the elite-alert also have a lockout with a Progress Point from the normal alert?
    If yes, does it reset on a two-weekly Basis like the raids?
  20. Angry God New Player

Can't wait till that episode is out...
    And a little question, will there come a new power soon?