Just a friendly reminder that it's still a game, friends.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Nov 23, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

You don't have to always "keep up with the joneses" by spending all your money on Time Capsule feats and collections.

I know it's hard seeing people be 188 so fast, but you also have to remember those guys paid a price for that. Styles are cosmetic only and should not be a life changing event.

I can promise you, you don't need to have 250sp and cr188 to play the game. The people that have all these SP have already been playing for a long time.

Some things can only come with time and luck. Read your feat lists, and do the small easy ones first. Don't spend 24 hrs trying to get 1 feat from a raid when you can do a few feats by yourself or with a friend. 3 easy 10 pt feats add up. Do what you can, while looking for other opportunities. Keep an eye on people shouting for feat runs while doing something else.

Patience is key. Broker prices will drop. Everything will come in time and it can't all come on day one.

Cheers, brahs.
    • Like x 4
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Welcome to the modern entitlement "I want it now" era. The real problem is that once a bulk of the players gets the needed feats, the game dries up. Try queuing up for Kahndaq and see what I mean. Hell, there are T6 and T7 raids that you can't pug queue for anymore. Even shouting and using LFG it's impossible to do old stuff any more. This is why we need walkins for all raids so when they become soloable, we can or go in with small groups.
    • Like x 1
  3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Well, at least I know now what "keeping up with the joneses" means :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

People taking stabilizers over feeding their families

L
    M
    A
    O
    • Like x 4
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Still 185 CR and perfectly fine with it.
    • Like x 2
  6. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

It's some old saying that basically means don't go broke trying to look good for other people. The classic example is people in the suburbs buying toys because their neighbor did:

The Jones family got a boat, we should get one too!
    • Like x 1
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

LMAO indeed; you just killed me with that one :D
    • Like x 1
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

This is a very optimistic point of view. However, optimism is usually met with a Slap-In-the-Face (not this time Devs):rolleyes:

Personally I just want the Phoenix Feather. That's it. Give me what i want because i paid you.
    • Like x 1