Just a few things to get off my chest regarding Stat Clamp and The state of the game for new players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Paying customers can complain however they want if they are dissatisfied with a product. Also, if no one ever attempted to have their voices heard, the world would be a completely different and even more unforgiving place. You are literally complaining about complainers... Get real.

You don't know that. Also, don't act like the clamp's itself was ever mentioned in those things in the months prior to it's release as well lmfao :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

May 2021:
    [IMG]
    July 2021:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yes, you are indeed right.

If feats lead to progression, then i think the "feat" system should have not have its integrity compromised.

as well as being a content jerky stick players can chew on for awhile.
  3. Batladin New Player

I'll be back when the STAT CLAMPING is GONE!
    • Like x 3
  4. scarblood New Player

If you cant complete the content with the clamp you should just stay away from the game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

.......what?

What was meant to be the message of this reply? I don't know that there's no announcements in the Staff Post Tracker because I somehow can't click it? Or just that you can't read? You realise Membership Update and Free Episodes are up in those pictures right? The things that brought the clamp along with them. Also, it's a bit odd to only post the "summary" pictures from a Community Announcement/Update post from the devs, that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the clamp is discussed in the thread is it? I think it might, but I'll let whoever looks at this post decide by doing what you ried to avoid:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-development-update-july-2021.316447/

Also one quick thing to address because it always seems to be a "fallback argument" for folks who have no real point. Neither you nor I are a "paying customer". Nobody who plays DCUO is. I can't really imagine why that would need further explanation to be honest lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The clamp was not mentioned in those pictures. The point was that the devs don't always announce a change they are making, they just do it. You can't sit there and act like you know what the devs will or will not do in the future, either. It's not up to you. It's not up to any of us.

Umm, yes we are. Unless someone has never even put a cent into the game (then they can't complain?). If you pay for membership subscription, you are a paying customer because it's.... A paid subscription.
    • Like x 3
  7. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

You didn't click the link, did you? Figures. The Link is the Announcement, the Pictures are a Quick Summary. Clamp is, let's have a look....hmm...ah yes, definitely there in the announcement itself alright. Which means you tried to post those pictures under false pretences considering you too would have known it was mentioned in the announcement thread you took the pictures from.

In short, you lied. And you got caught lying. It just hurts a bit more this time because I provided evidence of it and left it there for anyone to look at. It was a stupid gamble, learn from it.

And no, you're not a paying customer. You never were. Neither am I so don't feel left out, this isn't some exclusive club I'm trying to make it look like you're not included in, it's actually the literal opposite. We're all in the "You're never a customer of an MMO" club.
    • Like x 1
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Literally paying for a service/product... "BuT Im No CuSTomEr"... Ok? how? lol
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Everything you are saying is completely wrong. And you missed my point entirely because of some closed minded delusional argument you are formulating in your own brain. I was simply here defending players rights to voice their opinion, and that the devs don't always tell everyone what is going on. This is not a "win or lose" babble thing or whatever you are trying to make it out to be. That one post with a link might have mentioned the clamp (all the way at the bottom?), but it was still posted what? A few weeks before it went live? Not much of warning time.

So get off your high horse and read again what my point was, and then read the part about how we are paying customers then more times and realize how ridiculous you sound.

Edit: If you want to take it further, this is a free public forum, even more reason that people can complain all they want :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah... I'm not understanding that logic at all lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Announced in July, went on Test server August 6th (ish), went live August 25th (ish).

When you say “that’s not enough warning time”…it begs the question…”How much time do you require?”

You’re free to complain all you want, just it’s more productive if you know what you want to achieve out of your complaining…because ruminating is not helpful to anyone.
    • Like x 4
  12. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Actually everything I've said so far has been 100% true:

- There's no call from the devs about feedback needed for the clamp
    - You purposefully lied to try to prove a point and got caught
    - None of us are customers of Videogames

Check, check and check. Oh and yes, "weeks" is certainly a nice way to put it. But I'd rather be honest. Announcement was July 7th and release was August 25th. Considering your tendancy to twist a truth I'll count that out for you. That's 49 days, or 7 weeks. I mean how could anyone possibly prepare for anything in 7 tiny weeks right?

There's something very important you need to know, as soon as I saw "get off your high horse", your post immediately became trash not worth reading past that point. Just out of sheer hypocrisy. I mean you actually went the whole "I'm not doing this for me I'm doing it for others" altruistic route lol. Who did you imagine bought that? Who nominated you to speak for them to begin with? Because without the nomination, it's basically you deciding you'll speak for others with no permission given at all. Thats a pretty high horse if ive ever seen one. Did you name it hypocrisy?

You hit the reply button and tried to be smart by posting pictures and "lols" and it backfired, monumentally, in your face. You weren't doing it for anyone, nor with good intentions. Good intentions require no lies. Theres nothing to grab on to here, nothing to try to weasel a point out of. You chose poorly and paid for it. I've better things to be doing right now so can you start getting it now?
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

- None of us are customers of Videogames

I have refrained from commenting on anything in this thread since it had nothing to do with me up until now. I understand there are egos here the size of Mt. Everest which dictates they must be right all the time but this misstatement must be addressed.

- None of us are customers of Videogames - if one wants to be technical the literal way this is worded is accurate as in a video games is the equivalent of a movie. No one can be a customer of a movie. HOWEVER I am a customer of Daybreak Game Company LLC which makes DCUO, a paying customer who has had a paid subscription continuously since 2014. In addition to my $128.09 yearly subscription, I buy Daybreak Cash on the in-game Marketplace for real $$$ as well.

Daybreak Game Company LLC sells us entertainment which I consume and I think others do to, and as I paying customer I have had no qualms communicating directly to Daybreak about any issues I might be experiencing or voicing any concerns I may have.

I also subscribe to Netflix, I guess that makes me a paying customer of Netflix too as well no?
    • Like x 2
  14. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Disagree with Ur whole stat clamp idea cause 1. If that's to be the case, then ALL THE FEATS should be on the stat clamp side as Ur supposed to earn them. And it defeats the purpose of the content itself
    2. DCUO should have done the stat clamp from day 1. Cause notably before stat clamp, u could literally skip over episodes eg sons of trigon. And do eg sons of trigon completely solo blitzing it. Ur breaking Content.
    3. I can prob agree that maybe the open worlds should have a min entry level would never be capped in open world. Ain't no real consequence apart from the fact I would just get bored blitzing in 1 hits. Ur just breaking content so no win there
    4. U just want to make so easy so it makes urself look SUPER STRONG when really Ur just SUPER WEAK cause then the content is broke cause it defeats the purpose.
  15. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

You also pay tax, which by your definition, makes you a customer of your Government.

I'll keep this quick considering you didn't seem to have the courtesy to Reply so I'd see your incorrect correction.

You're an "end user". Please feel free to forego any semantic argument that that's a customer, it isn't. You and I and everyone else are defined by Daybreak in their Terms of Service as an End User. As does every MMO I've ever seen. It's why folks are required to read and/or agree to an End User Agreement. Which comes with restrictions that no business would ever hold it's "customers" under.

So again, no, nobody here is a paying customer. Nobody ever has been. Netflix doesn't require that you buy "Netflix currency" to pay for Netflix's service or products. That was a terrible example.
    • Like x 1
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Oooh! Are we going to get into a debate about Hobbes, Rousseau and Locke?
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I think you're responding to the wrong person....
  18. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

No need to get into the "State of Nature", no lol.

The post was pretty successfully shut down and corrected in one go. I mean it's a bit silly to think there'd be a completely different official title for a "customer" to begin with anyway. Its at a dead end simply by definition. Customers can purchase something and decide they want to pass it on/sell it themselves if they like. Check with a Dev what happens if you try to sell your Daybreak Account.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Any chance I could grab your stuff before you leave?
    • Like x 1
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

An end-user is a person who uses a product or service.
    A customer is the entity that purchases a product or service from the perspective of the seller.
    In many cases, the end-user and customer are the same. For example, a retailer typically sells directly to end-users.

End-user vs. customer

"End user" and "customer" are similar terms, and they are the same in some cases. However, it's important to understand how the two differ as you develop a product. An end user is someone who completes the final purchase of a product, while a customer can purchase a product and then resell it. If someone is both the purchaser and user of a product, they're both the customer and the end-user.

In paying for membership: WE ARE BOTH END-USER AND CUSTOMER. We are paying for a service for the length of time that we pay for.

The Customer: This is the person with influence over the purchase decision, either because they’re paying for it, or because they can persuade whoever is paying. They make an active choice to support you, so we need to delight them.
    The End User: The person who ends up experiencing your product or service.
    As the person paying for the membership... We are the customer.

As the person experiencing membership... We are the end-user.

The fact that we can't RESELL our membership... doesn't negate the fact that WE PURCHASED OUR MEMBERSHIP.

• Like x 3