June 2018 Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by loupblanc, Jun 13, 2018.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Was reminded of another yesterday and the day before as well: when you're in a duo and your partner is much lower-level than you and they're about to die, so you drop a Supply Drop just for them, and they go in the opposite direction and/or never go near the Supply Drop.

Or they're being slaughtered while standing pretty near an orange barrel, which they never go near.

In general, people who fail to ever use Supply Drops and orange barrels/crystals, neither yours nor theirs.

Also: people who get their health knocked down to one half or one quarter, or near death, after we've finished a crowd of adds, and do they wait a few moments for their health and power to recover? No, they charge ahead into the next crowd of adds/room and promptly die.

tl;dr: Leeroy Jenkins stuff.

Also, name-calling in general. Grow up! It helps no one and shows only that you have no self-control over your mouth/hands. It's okay to think the other player is a complete jerk and horrible player, but calling them names helps not at all; it just makes the game uglier and less pleasant.
    • Like x 2
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Kicking vote failed. The other 2 people in the group voted no.
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Free like for all who ranted in this thread.

More rants please. Go on, you know you want to.

[IMG]
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I had a speed hacker in my catalyst run today, it took 2 separate initial kicks to get rid of him. I don't know which is worse: needing to cheat in a game that holds few challenges or the players that have become too complacent to the constant cheating.
    • Like x 2
  5. Arew Lore New Player

Good thread, i'll post herein my CURRENT frustration... In playing the Doomsday event, or trying to, i've come to the point where fighting Doomsday is not worth playing. I (and everyone else) die every other second and for what? A single tribute and mark of victory? Given i'm now being kicked completely off of the game i've decided not to log back in tonight nor ever again fight DD- this aspect just isn't worth the effort.
    I'm am curious though, as THIS event is being promoted heavily and given the main event (the fight with Doomsday) is the emphasis of said event, is the intent for the player to be discontent and (literally) near-rewardless for having 'repelled' Doomsday after a slugfeast wherein everone is obliterated many, many times? Congratulations. Mission accomplished. Its a big F U to the player and the fight ***'n sucks. I won't do it again. I'll play those less frustrating and the more rewarding aspects of this event.
    Nope, ranting didn't do a damn thing for my frustration... Eh
    • Like x 2
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Did you use the probiotic plague consumable?
    Did you melee him on his jackhammer skill?
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

I would've left instead of enduring seeing, and placed the three on ignore. There are better things to worry about in life.
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

A non-DCUO rant/appeal.

Jorge Sampaoli, the useless Argentina manager presiding over a poor Argentina football team that looks close to a World Cup exit, without getting past the group stage. Please just step down now.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i was running shadow lands as a 85 healer with a 220. well the 220 ran through the WHOLE instance without killing anything, left swarms of entire mobs (all of which i had to pass through and were trying to kill me), and i mean they didn't kill ANYTHING and finally they got to the end with me in tow and FINALLY decided to try and fight everything there when he/she realized you can't get through the final area portal without killing the mobs first. well the jokes on them i was still alive after all that.
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i've yet to die in it, and for how many we usually have die i'm always surprised to see 3 other players have no deaths either. here's a tip for survival, doomsday has a DEATH AURA in his immediate vicinity and hits hard anything in his direct path. if you're the dps or tank right in front of or next to doomsday you're screwed. he also doesn't take damage at certain instances so there are times when it's best to just run. the most damage i usually get from doomsday which leaves me at half mast health or less is if he leaps at me or fires a random hit one shot, from the center of the field. but then again the people dying are usually the same ones over and over. while i agree that the rewards are petty they're also just not worth it cause nothing is really all that good looking for me in the vendor.