June 2018 Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by loupblanc, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I hate it when people stand in the way of progress.
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Not a single time?? How do you know?

Maybe he did but it was so small you couldn't feel it?

Did the group wipe?

Was the instance beat?
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I don't use my mic a lot, but listen, and it's amazing how many times I hear people not knowing something about a power until they read the description while in a raid.

The devs can make this game as easy as ever (and they have) but it will never matter unless the players make and effort to teach themselves.

A lot of people have been saying this for a long time.

Even if they put a bunch of training prompts in game, I guarantee people will still ignore them.

Im still for better tutorials, because we can still save a few, but there's no excuse for a 230cr and up not knowing their power
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Because I know the animation, as I have a Mental character.

Because I did not see the typical bump in my power bar when a Controller does a power dump.

Because I play all roles including Controller, so I know how the flow should be.

Because sometimes, while fighting, the Controller's power bar was at full. FULL. While my power bar was at half, or sometimes 1/4.

Iirc, group did not wipe. Instance was beat, but that Controller sure as hell did not contribute at all.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

First one is Inside Out. Second one is Angry Birds.
  6. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Didn't contirubte at all? He didnt use a single power to kick off POT? That would constitute help IMO. He did zero damage? Amazing. I have seen Zero damage done actually, but the player did it on purpose. How do you watch another players animations the entire time, and still optimally perform your own duties? Maybe he will make a thread about you, complaining about your under performing, because you were watching him not doing anything to help the group... :p

I have, on occasion, while respecing, forgotten to add a power to my bar. Perhaps the player did as well, was in combat and couldn't add insta power to load out.

Enjoy! Have fun, life is short. Just let it go and move on.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

True.

In the earlier years of DCUO, leagues were more active and people learnt their skills from leaguemates. At least, that was the case for me. I refined my basics by learning from leaguemates. However, I learnt PVP on my own as my leaguemates mostly were not into PVP.

I don't think thats really the case nowadays. Some people just copy loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

He did not contribute in terms of controlling. The roleless power buff would have done a better job providing power than the job he did, plus he tried to skip adds unnecessarily.
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

This Rant thread does not have to be confined to DCUO.

Had a bad day? Stepped in some dog poo? Got stuck in a queue where the person in front only begins to think what he/she wants when its his/her turn, instead of thinking while still in the queue?

Obnoxious people? Got stabbed in the back by a colleague? Can't rant on social media in case some people find out? Can't rant to your family or your partner cos they are a bit sick of your ranting?

Then this thread is for you. Rant safely here without fear of people finding out or irritating your family/friends.

Flame on.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Uh, ow.
    • Like x 1
  11. Postman Level 30

If the guy in IT changes my program settings one more time, I'm going to drive down to his office and drop kick him!

Hows that loupblanc?
    • Like x 1
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My only question to you, on the power dump. Have you tried it with quantum or munitions? A buddy of mine did awesome with muntions as a battle troll. He would only carry recharge in raids and it was only for bad healers that would spam for no reason. Alerts were funny. He never needed to throw a recharge, but we also had trouble running with dps that would get ******** from a troll and tanking making their dps look silly. People will purposely not run with support roles for this reason. Not because someone doesn't have recharge in their loadout, but their egos are hurt because they can not out dps the battle roles.

Sorry, but your way of thinking is off, very, very far off. I've finished multiple raids and alerts where the troll has died and we finished without them. Saying a troll HAS TO HAVE power on their LO or they are hurting the group is just wrong.

I also understand there are bad players, but don't group all players together.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People who play in healing role in alerts or raids and do no healing. (Along with the trolls who don't give power.)

People who play in support roles in the Stablizer duo.

DPS who don't learn the mechanics of an instance and thus stand where they will be killed, whether in an AOE or direct line of fire.

Players who never do pick-ups.

Players who never use soders or move out of fire, but count solely on heals to survive.

DPS who always melee, never range, even when it's plainly suicidal.

People who play with open mikes. And screaming children and chewing and crackling bags and loud music.

Players who constantly narrate their own interior monologue to everyone in voice chat, down to every last thought and doubt.

Abusive text chatters in shout mode.

Bigoted chat.

People who don't invite me enough to heal their raids/alerts. :)
    • Like x 3
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Your examples are exceptions. Yes, experienced players may not need to equip a power dump in their controller loadout.

But power dump, in my opinion, is still a BASIC requirement, especially when pugging. Plus, that person was obviously trying to do battle trolling (by using invisibility in controller loadout to squeeze out more dps), but not doing enough DPS.

There were instances while fighting that his power bar was FULL. FULL. You don't have full power bar when fighting, be it dps, heal, troll. Tanking is exception cos sometimes, you have to hold block for a certain period.

I have already mentioned that I have no issue with battle support roles, be it battle healing, battle tanking or battle trolling.

But people not being able to perform basic controller role of providing power, and trying to do battle trolling, which is more advanced, that I have an issue with.

I will not blame complete newbies if they cannot or do not know basic requirements. If that person was a complete newbie, I would not have ranted.But he wasn't. He was just trying to be a smart alec, trying to do advanced battle trolling and failing, trying to skip adds to save some time but failing.
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Dumb fool trying to dps while in Tank role (to reduce chances of dying). No tanking done whatsoever. Then using extremely derogatory language when poor tanking performance called upon. I can only hope my support ticket helped get that fool suspended / temporarily banned.

A non-DCUO related rant.

Any football team(s) giving us boring World Cup matches, shame on you. :mad:

Messi missing that penalty and playing poorly. :(

A pre-rant for England, who almost always disappoint. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the trolls probably mis read their job description, they thought troller meant internet troll XD.
  18. Gunv New Player

Ppl who constantly spam powers and never use weapons to regain power, so I'm nearly oop trying to keep them up but they burn through it immediately.
    • Like x 2
  19. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

This is a silly argument. I you want to play the way you want then you should play a solo game. When you que into a team based event as a support role you are supposed to support the team. You are making it sound like you'd be ok with me as a healer just using damaging powers and telling you to block. Also if its a mental troll and he uses a power dump theres a swirly purple ball aura thing that gies around every player who receives power. It boosts your precision for as long as you see that animation. So its very easy to tell if he was power dumping or not. But really the most important thing to take away from this is its not a solo game. I shouldn't have to over compensate to complete the instance bc someone wants to play the way they want. Saying they completed the instance so its ok is dumb.
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

it's june 2018 and i still rock the Owlsuit Elite gear on my hero and villain main tanks... tbbe at cr 226? no problem. =D

p.s. i would've kicked out the troll to avoid ranting on the forums =)