Jump canceling with flurry shot needs to go Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DamageControlPS Active Player

My point it creates balance. Not saying anyone would quit I am saying it would create even bigger gap for imbalance. It’s so clear I just hope you see my point. Nerfing prec would be the definition of creating more unbalance. Just logically have a few minutes and think about the points I made there’s is no debate prec keeps the game more balanced for all powers and different gameplays outside of dpsing.
    • Like x 1
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

If jump cancel was removed from flurry shot and nature roar was fixed the game would actually be a lot more balanced what else is OP that’s going to carry players? i can’t think of anything. the game took a turn for the worse ever since flurry shot became a thing. And yall mad im putting it back on blast

Your excuses is “it helps me pick up” quicker lmao if I said increase the damage but take out jump cancel it would still be crying because y’all are addicted to one play style that you couldn’t imagine functioning without.

I personally prefer balance than watching what I currently watch on live. Might as well take out all the powers in the game except nature / dual wield and two handed. If this is the case
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Why are there people who complain about a certain way of dpsing if it does high numbers on the score board?
    they are helping speed up the process of burning the boss faster, so why complain???
    i will never understand players who call for nerfs.
    • Like x 2
  4. DamageControlPS Active Player

Read my point again, think about it for 10 minutes instead of replying and come back to my points I made and counter them. At the moment you didn’t touch any of them just replied what you want instead of talking about real balance and how behind prec all the powers and incredible unbalanced. Including the others roles not just dpsing. You haven’t even touched on the fact I gave you an answer. Prec will be replaced by nature which is more op then any other power even if roar is taking out of the mix your nature and you don’t even realise what your power capabilities are. Just shows your true knowledge of the game because all you mentioning is roar when I was talking about Gorilla single target loadout. So again please red my points and tell me how you gonna balance all the powers the way prec balances powers. I’ll wait.
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

Even if you removed jump cancel your parses are still going to be pretty high that’s the funny part I’m not saying break the combo. I’m simply saying remove the jump cancel factor from it I wouldn’t even care if the damage got increased but the jump cancel was gone. There to many benefits you Gain by allowing it with this combo and the damage is already over achieving for such a simple combo

Let it sink in

I can ignore majority of danger in elite by hopping around flurry shotting while still hitting the boss

(Any other player has to stop dodge, roll) as they lack the same mobility)

I can stop on the dime and block any one shot

(Any other dps might have to play it smart and be more prepared to not get caught in animation)

I can focus specifically on the boss only which is making the boss easier to defeat

(Any other dps Powers will drop splash damage which decreases the damage to the boss)

Zero power interaction needed to assert big damage

(Any other dps power requires either the grim or power interactions to Hit hard)

The list can go on you think this creates balance in elite? The potential seems one sided and to me it makes elite easier than it should be
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Removing jump cancel would not make the game more balanced, it would just make the game more limited. Everyone would be forced to level a solar amp and use heat vision in they’re loadout (unless they’re HL), you call that balance lol? That’ll just make solar+heat vision overpowered since it will be the only option rather than being one of the options.

Also, Precision literally has no other good st options except for maybe shuriken mastery, and that damage is ok at best, the only other st options would be certain melee attacks from a few weapons, but as I’m sure you know, melee isn’t possible against elite bosses. And as I’ve said before, the jump canceling is also an enjoyment factor for some players like me who enjoy a faster clip oriented play style, rather than a more slow stationary one. So even if they did decide to touch flurry I’d rather them slightly reduce the damage, rather than having them take away the clipping and making it a clone of every other build and rotation, the form of clipping that can be performed with flurry keeps variety within the game.
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

What does this thread have to do with nature even though I already touched on nature and have in the past. What does this thread have anything to do with nature? When did I say nature DIDNT need to be reworked? I don’t recall me saying it anywhere. I’m pretty sure any end game elitist knows acro nature gorilla is dominant especially in these latest raids From the last few DLC”s that don’t require you to do much mechanics and you can keep your dots up.

The discussion is about jump canceling with dual wield

I don’t care what anybody says when you can pick any role in this game spec weapon expert spec precision grab a duel wield and flurry shot and do massive damage even if your a tank, troll or healer that seems far more of unbalance and problematic than anything else your trying to throw in the discussion

It’s sad how players rather stay in a bubble. “If you nerf prec now nature is going to takeover SO WHAT if that was the case next nature gets balanced out and what’s left? Because I don’t see anything Over achieving as much as nature and doomspin / flurry shot In particular
  8. I3eleth Well-Known Player

If it were balanced precision dps would be neck and neck with might dps. A very good might dps would be equals with a very good prec dps and would trash on an average prec dps and not lose to that average player period its unbalanced and to say otherwise is ignorant.
  9. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Im not saying remove jump cancel or anything just simply stating facts.
    • Like x 1
  10. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

Keep jump cancelling. All I want is there to be more viable precision weapons than doomspin and flurry shot. Mix it up and give variety.
  11. Pinky Well-Known Player

One question: do the devs even understand what you're talking about here?

Because I doubt they even play their own game.
    • Like x 1
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

I agree with what your saying I don’t think your wrong I don’t feel I’m wrong either it goes both ways. Leaving it the way it is now doesn’t create anymore of a balance if everyone is continuing the same routine every DLC with dual wield.

I’m not saying nerf the combo to the point nobody wants to use the weapon anymore. I’m saying simply remove the jump cancel element of it you can keep the damage the way it is you can buff the damage just remove the jump cancel factor. The joy of fast pace doesn’t mean it’s still not Overachieving they have nerfed VWD they have nerfed the damage to the weapon. What exactly has changed? It’s still the cheesiest meta next to roar. It won’t be proper until you get to the the root and take out jump cancel with the weapon. This isn’t the only clipable thing in the game if players love clipping so much why aren’t they might gadgets? That’s the ultimate clipping power and a high performer in the right hands.
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

No idea even if they did They are going to side with the majority and the majority doesn’t want it removed. So I’m fighting a Losing battle anyway it just baffles me how players could be content with doing the same Exact same one combo every new dlc elite raid and call it fun I don’t even dps like that and it’s annoying just to look at and makes the raid dry and not as challenging as it could of potentially been
  14. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

:rolleyes:
  15. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Terrible idea. If you remove jump cancel you'd hurt almost every other player unintentionally. A lot of powers have a jump cancel to stop what you're doing and safely move out of some mechanics that would otherwise one shot you so your idea is selfish and illogical because it would render a lot of channeled cast moves unuseable because you'd constantly get stuck in mechanics and systematically killed therefor 1/3 of all moves would be unused making that a game breaker and if you took that out then go ahead and remove all clipping and block canceling otherwise don't even hold the conversation.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

My thoughts...

I think that combo mechanics such as jump canceling/duel wield flurry shot should automatically override any other aggro and that character has to keep that aggro until that move ceases to be used for that fight. No matter how many times that character revives, if that character uses that combo, that character becomes the hard target of the enemy(ies) for the duration.

I don't like that cheese mechanic either; in fact, I don't know how to use it or create a loadout for it and I've been playing since 2012. However, I don't see the devs removing it any time soon, the majority rules on this one. I agree that jump canceling/duel wield flurry shot has become the default loadout for getting through content quickly, no matter how much or how hard the devs make the content or ramp up the difficulty of any new bosses.

I find this move very frustrating as I learn how to tank in this game; that jump cancel/duel wield flurry shot can take away a tank aggro quickly, and then the tank is left to snatch that aggro back. So, what I have been doing lately as I learn to play my tanks is to stop tanking and let that DPS consume that aggro. ALL OF IT. Why should my tanks have to keep aggro when the jump canceling/duel wield flurry shot DPS can do it easier and better? (Sorry, rant over)

Jump canceling/duel wield flurry shot should be a combo that a player has to stop and think about using, not just a powerful go-to comfort zone cookie cutter mechanic that is easy to use and fits all situations.
  17. Liightmare dc Active Player

Makes no sense at all. Prec users can use other sc from other powers n get pretty much the same dmg. That’s like saying dehydrate should be nerfed because no other power can do that. So if I go prec dps I can’t use oblivion? I can’t use big gun if I’m a prec munition dps? And for your info circuit breaker was already merged when they reduced the dmg to it
    • Like x 1
  18. Legasei Well-Known Player

I think LFG might be a better solution in this case. You can form groups that exclude flurry shot abusers.
    • Like x 1
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i needed the laugh.

i would rather see some attention paid to bringing might up to par than nerfing anything. oe of the things that excited me most about the revamp was being able to have some versatility with my loadouts and things are worse than ever. i cant lay claim to knowing all the powers but the ones i do focus on...even the ones that lean towards broken/op just arent fun to play in group instances "the way things are now". i can come up with dozens of loadouts with mental, quantum, fire, ice and nature that are fun, fluid, power efficient and most importantly fun but they just dont work in actual game play. we shouldnt be penalized for that. might has been left behind. its a super hero game. the crutches should be the medium.
    • Like x 1
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Your comment is in no way related to his at all, so you’re the one who’s not making too much sense
    • Like x 1