Join the DCUO Extra Life Team!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Extra Life is always an important and fun part of of yearly traditions here at DC Universe Online. We come together as a community, we play our favorite game, we unlock gifts and rewards, and - the point - we help children in need in our local communities. We can all be heroes for this brief time, even you villains out there, and this is a very good thing.

The BIG NEWS this year is that EVERYONE is invited to join the DCUO team! Plus, new rewards.

In prior years, our team has consisted only of DCUO developers. No more! We want everyone in the community to join us this year, have fun, and help kids. This allows us to better support everyone out there wanting to participate, opens up new avenues for rewards and incentives, and - most of all - should help us raise even more funds for this heroic cause.

So join the DC Universe Online team or donate if you can. If you can't? That's fine too. Anything you can do to help spread the word is powerful, and that means just as much as a donation for the cause. It's really very simple: donate yourself, spread the word, or join our team! Everyone wins no matter what you choose to do.

Let's Go!

The DCUO Extra Life Team is working to raise $20,210 in 2021. We will have Extra Life livestreams every Friday in October leading up to a marathon stream on Game Day on November 6, 2021. We also expect to have some Extra Life events on Saturdays (learn more below). Join us when you can!
    Dimensional Ink Games will again kick off our fundraising with a donation of $5,000! We - our studio, our players, our community - are all in this together.

Why Extra Life?

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $87 million for sick and injured kids.

By fundraising, our team is helping to support a local hospital that treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their illness, injury, or even their family’s ability to pay. And as the COVID-19 pandemic places new stresses on hospitals and communities, Extra Life helps ensure that the 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals around North America have the resources they need to care for the most vulnerable kids.
    The DCUO team will support our local Austin CMN hospital, Dell Children's Ascension.

Milestones, Incentives, Rewards!

For that little extra push to get everyone involved, we have new and returning Extra Life rewards - both in-game and out. These rewards will be updated as we get closer to Game Day as more rewards come online. Rewards will begin unlocking on October 8, 2021, with our first official Extra Life livestream.

Team Milestones

Our goal this year is to cross that $20,210 mark, but we have rewards for everyone in the game when we cross other milestones on the way. These will be revealed as we go, but here's what we can share right now.
    • Milestone #0: $20.18
      • Helper's Halo Unlocked!
    • Milestone #1: $6,000.19
      • 2019 Rewards Unlocked!
    • Milestone #2: $8,000.20
      • 2020 Rewards Unlocked!
    • Milestone 3: $10,000.21
      • Angelic Patron's Plumage Accessory
    • Milestone #3+: To Be Revealed Soon!
    Stay tuned for 2021's new milestone rewards!

Developer Incentives

Members of the DCUO development team also have what Extra Life calls incentives - donations you can make for specific amounts to unlock a special reward. Head to each of our personal Extra Life pages to donate for your incentive of choice.

Of special interest, Oceans created an incredibly beautiful and all-new Metropolis (physical) postcard for 2021. Don't miss your chance to get this one on your wall!

Please note that not all incentives will be available at all times and can sell out. Check our Extra Life pages to see what is available.

[IMG]
    Oceans' Incentives
    Mepps' Incentives
    • 2021 Metropolis Postcard
    • 2020 Metropolis Postcard
    • Custom Forum Title
    • DONATE TO MEPPS
    Red Five's Incentives
    Aeyrn's Incentives
    Android Aimigo's Incentives
    Team Member Milestones

Remember how the DCUO team is open to everyone this year? Join the team and reach one of the below personal milestones for an extra special reward! (Tip: You can add these for everyone to see on your personal page directly.)

The great thing about this is that even if you can't donate, getting others to donate to you will get you cool stuff, too!
    • Team Member Milestone #1: $100
      • Extra Life in-game title "The Benevolent" for one character on your account
    • Team Member Milestone #2: $300
      • Extra Life in-game title "The Benevolent" for all characters on your account
    For clarity, these Team Member Milestones are unlocked if you 1) join the Extra Life DCUO team and 2) reach the milestone's dollar amount in donations youpersonally have received.

Livestreams

That's it! Donate, join the team, and/or spread the word. And if you do none of those, please just stop by to say hi, show support, or maybe give us a pep-talk in that we've-been-streaming-for-9-hours window of exhaustion. We will appreciate it immensely!
    • October 8, 2021 @ 3PM PT
    • October 15, 2021 @ 3PM PT
    • October 22, 2021 @ TIME TBD
    • October 29, 2021 @ TIME TBD
    • November 6, 201 @ TIME TBD (Game Day Marathon)
    *All you villains can help, too, just make sure to spin up an overly convoluted and complicated circumstance where IN THIS CASE only it makes sense for your evil self to do a good thing, or retcon your fall into semi-humanity later with a similar story of not quite nonsense. Please also share these.
    • Like x 13
  2. Eve YouTuber

Exciting! I joined the team and hoping to raise some donations as well :D Excited for October 9th aswell!
    • Like x 1
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I see that tiny messages mepps, im 1 of the most evil villains, i just happen to like kids & i only torture & set adult humans on fire ;) hope you raise lots of money for these kids!
    • Like x 1
  4. The Blurr Level 30

Im guessing this is for US server players?
  5. Eve YouTuber

This is for everyone
    • Like x 3
  6. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

The aura looks pretty nice. For those who like but can't afford the original Nimbus Aura, this one will do the trick just fine.
    • Like x 1
  7. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I hope Oceans adds more Boss battle incentives, I was definitely interested but by the time I checked the site.... they be all gone.
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

If I see any up I will shoot you a message!
    • Like x 2
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Thanks, much appreciated. I unfortunately watched the Dev stream late and by the time I went to the website all the spots were gone. I actually heard your name on the stream, I think you were the first to get a spot.

I will be checking back from time to time, but now it is up to luck and after opening 15 Resurgence Time Capsules and getting bubkas from the TCs, I don't think luck is on my side.
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

Haha yes, I checked the page a day before the stream and caught a good time slot. So Oceans mentioned me :) I also joined the DCUO Team for donations this year, like anyone else who joined does, hoping to raise some donations myself :D
    • Like x 2
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I actually checked out the donation team members and saw you on there. Not that I could join you (different servers), but maybe one of your incentives could be for a slot in your Boss Battle group.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Oh I didn't think of it, great idea, thank you :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

Actually I think I have enough incentives for now... and I don't want to upset Oceans or anything
    • Like x 1
  14. Oceans Developer

I'll probably be posting a lot more slots for these for both on and off stream through the month, depending on demand! I'm waiting to see how the first round of these goes next Saturday, and then I'll be posting more, so keep checking back for more :)
    • Like x 9
  15. Random Mind Dedicated Player

It's up to you, of course. I think Oceans would understand because in the end, isn't it for the children. The more money raised, means more money raised. Then again, I can understand the moral quandary of selling someone else's incentive as your own. I believe a lot people like myself would've donated yesterday if there were more Boss Battles available.
    • Like x 1
  16. Random Mind Dedicated Player

THANK YOU!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

I rather just let friends join if they ask, rather than take a cut of something that isn't mine. I will eventually raise what I can for the kids - at 30$ atm, so I feel good even just raising that ;) and I also donated myself so far
    • Like x 3
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Completely, 100% understand. Seeing that Oceans should be opening up more Boss Battles (I hope they go well), I and the others that missed out, just have to keep our eyes peeled and our ears opened. Congrats on the money raised and donated and I can't imagine you won't raise anymore. Good luck becoming "Benevolent"!
    • Like x 2
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As far as big guys go, im surprised Chemo has never been included in boss battles
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

I wanted Circe but she is not on the list xD
    • Like x 2