Job Openings with DB at Austin

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats just the thing though. 4 of those positions have been there for more than 6 months, and they just lost a couple of more people. Senior positions at almost any company are hard to fill due to the person having to have 5+ years or more sometimes 7 depending on position.

All we can do really is hope that they get filled before next year which I highly doubt. You have to remember TX isnt exactly video game capital of the world.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

That's not a problem. In my job of screenwriter I'm already subjected to a 3-step approval anyways.
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

It's probably why they are giving themselves 5 months to finish weapons, mid range and stats, those at most shouldn't take more than 3 months, and they probably already had a concept for AF3 for monthly, so it's just a matter of adding to it instead of working it from scratch. Had they have all that people already the changes wouldn't take so long, but with their current staff is a 5 month long plan just to finish the few remaining 2016 plans, and start they 2017 plans with Ep 27 on time.
    • Like x 1
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

It's funny tho, a lot of animation work is done in Texas but people think it all comes from California.
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

whoa whoa whoa i literally read this and drop my mouth, alright come on Dcuo keep it going.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Dcuo devs trying to kick it up a notch Also just check their site it's now 10 jobs left. So new devs coming!
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

That position has actually been listed for a long time, almost since the UI has been put on hold. I too hope they finally get around to it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Took me a few mins, we now have 10 jobs left, they got a System Designer, and a Someone for Senior Artist tool program.
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

DevDirt is the only developer I miss. That guy actually seemed to care. Maybe it was a front but if it was it was a damn good one.
    • Like x 10
  10. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

This is a little nostalgic. Yeah we can hope they hire people but I still think people should expect the worst. They have 4-5 months to fill those positions because what I'm getting from all this is that we're not getting new content because there is no one to make it. Sorry to be the first one to say it but let's just be real here for a moment. What's going on in Austin is a real world problem that a lot of people think will disappear tomorrow like a bad glitch or something, it's not like that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't understand why WB and DC Comics doesn't help this game. This is the biggest DC featured game ever and they don't help enough. I believe if they did, this game would be amazing and I hope I'm not the only one who feels that way.

After all, the Devs clearly make their comic book characters more favorable with this game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Larry is still affiliated with DB. (I think that's him at least)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/larrylapierre
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

it
    it's simple, we don't make 1/10 what WoW makes, compared to what 1 movie makes in a day we're also not even on the same continent. if the game made more money then they would probably support it more, but as it is they rather limit what we have to keep it under control. If however we had a big company like Marvel has with Disney that has characters in almost every game, and their MMO has tie is to every movie I'm sure this game would be bigger than it is now, but we don't, heck DC barely has an animation department as it is with Teen Titans being the only animated show on now, for them the biggest source is movies and TV shows, not games or animation.
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

They don't share in the profits of the game. As long as DBG stays in business and keeps the license, they get paid the same.
    • Like x 1
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

But it can be that way if they would even care to endorse the game a little. If they knew how much some people love this game and continuously support it, I don't understand why they couldn't have the same image towards it.

This game is how old? WB and DC need to realize this game has potential that they choose to ignore. Ignoring potential is mankinds greatest flaw.

I think someone in the company should reach out to them, at least try. If it didn't work the first time, try again.

Everyone on these forums know not saying anything and staying quiet doesn't fix a damn thing.
    • Like x 2
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah he was a nice guy. He was in Odyssey #devfavorismkappa and usually logged in when new content dropped and asked for feedback and improvements and stuff.
    • Like x 1
  18. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I wish I had the skill. I would definitely apply.
  19. Mighty Committed Player

In addition to his work on PVP quality of life improvements, he was a regular visitor to DCUO Twitch streams, and would regularly screw with us between SM rounds, or port us out and spawn in SM bosses into our bases. Guy was just fun and you felt like he enjoyed the game and appreciated the people who played it and the subject matter. I was really disappointed when he left. Drenz, well, he basically no-showed the original HL balance pass two years ago and made one, one-line comment in a 70-plus-page thread of feedback and testing. He gave similar treatment to other projects (Shazam!). Tunso and the whole midrange deal and blowing off GU50 and then telling us we were testing wrong, and then a year later major imbalances between the powers in practical and sparring target settings still exist, nah, I'm glad to see someone else taking that role on.
    • Like x 2
  20. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Just to add on more..

DevDirt is also the reason why we have an in-game parser and really tried to fix stuff in voice chat on PS.
    He was also working on resolving LoS issues for roles.
    Dude definitely cared a lot and did enjoy the game.
    • Like x 2