JLD: Elite Raid Walkthrough Guides

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What will follow is a brief summary of the breakdown of both elite raids apart of Episode 34, where the full summary and commentary can be found in the linked videos.

Fellowship of the Arcane Elite

First Boss Subjugated Dr. Fate
    • Library Spell Reagent Subsection
      • Dr Fate cannot be killed until all 5 spells have been returned to Zatanna and you see the yellow text appear
      • Ideal situation is to have a tank run the spells as there will be npcs located throughout the library that will 1) slow you down if you have to fight them allowing the Eye's to catch up with you 2) have the chance to kill you as a non-tank player
      • Fate will place his Obelisk Amplified Malediction (arc pillars) and damage fields ontop of the portal exists/entrance in addition to Zatanna's location which will hit you anywhere from 50k-70k in damage which by a non-tank player could easily lead to a death
      • Similar spawn patterns develop
      • Be Aware of what is happening with Dr Fate to protect yourself exiting
    • Subjugated Dr. Fate Mechanics found during encounter
      • Fate will teleport to random players (or pets) and either deal initial burst damage or place an Ankh sigil which will have a yellow energy ball fall from above which will be an Ankh Bomb which has the ability to kill you. So you need to either block or block and roll immediately after you see the Ankh appear to avoid being hit with the damage leading to a death
      • Obelisk Amplified Malediction (arc pillars) will spawn throughout the encounter and have the ability to overlap damage and arc through extra players when standing near eachother just like a regular arc lightning attack behaves. These must be avoided as you will take BURST damage ranging from 25-40k while standing within them.
      • Damage Fields will also be placed throughout the room by Fate that will have to be rolled out of as they place a DOT on you anywhere from 25-40k. Be careful not to roll into another field as they can spawn side by side and overlap.
      • Arcane Barrage. This is currently a one shot that is random, there is no tell or skull and is overtuned in damage which will have animation similar to socery's soul barrage which is a projectile attack fired at a player and is too quick to block or avoid. Currently is it RNG based luck to not die if hit.
      • Adds will spawn throughout the fight which can be handled by a solo tank or a second tank
      • When you start to damage Dr Fate it will allow you to revive an ally to assist you in combat. The first and foremost Ally you want to revive is Shazam. Shazam will slowly destroy the pillars that cause the arc lightning malediction damage which will ideal for the group. The second ally can be John Constantine who will summon a Guardian pet to assist the tanks in combat, this will especially help a solo tank.
      • The other allies are Zatanna-Batwoman-Phantom Stranger. Currently I don't know what their benefits are on test and live we only broke out Shazam and John primarily. I revived Stranger in this run and didn't notice any apparent assistance

Second Boss Klarion & Felix Faust & Teekl

• Klarion Mechanics found during encounter
      • Klarion is a heavy counter 1handed user who will throw numerous faints (fake counters to bait)
      • If you range tank he more often than not does his interruptible range attack
      • The group takes 0 damage from Klarion if his back is to them, all his damage is frontal based and no splash damage
      • You need to separate Klarion from Teekl or the tank will be perma pinned by Teekl, similar to the duo or shark frenzy from King Shark in CoTe hence the 2 tanks for final boss
      • Klarion is usually killed last
    • Felix Faust Mechanics found during encounter
      • Handblaster based attacks (fist slam, uppercut, pulse beam, range taps)
      • Has moments after a teleport where he can detaunt and attack a player and tap them or pulsebeam them
      • The Faust tank will also hold all the adds as well and pull and stun the Croatoan's
    • Teekl Mechanics found during encounter
      • Teekl must be focused by all dps when it spawns as it must die quickly
      • Teekl will pin the tank and must be interrupted by another player as tank will be unable to move during this time
      • Teekls health is much lower compared to other bosses, it is more high add health level
    • Mordru mechanics found during encounter
      • Spellbound Croatoan's will spawn all around the edges of the room and walk towards the centre with cogs up. These cogs must be turned by all players as when Mordru absorbs enough of them he will do an Inferno attack which will near oneshot in its direction arc and will spawn Soul Fire purple lava which will cover a large area of the map and tick for 3-5k DOT and place a healing debuff on anyone inside.
      • Ideally you want tanks to do this but shields break quickly being attacked so controllers and healers will need to assist with their personal shields etc but these cannot be ignored repeatedly as for example the Soul Inferno hit myself as a firetank for 120,000 dmg
    • Like x 11
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Shattered Gotham Elite
    • Madness Mechanic is present throughout the raid and in every boss fight. This is increasing DOT ticks based on how high your madness meter is at but also gives the group a might/precision buff based on how high the madness ticks. If you are solo healing you may want to consider a 20-35 madness tick and if you have 2 healers you can consider a 40-50 madness tick for a routine buff in damage speeding up the fights
    • Madness will continue to increase by itself and in the final boss every second and the only way to lower this madness is to turn the cog on Shazam that will spawn throughout the fights
    • If the madness reaches 100 it will be a group wipe
    • Madness will continue to tick after death and out of combat and outside of boss fights while running the platforms
    Tala First Boss
    • Tala Mechanics found during encounter
      • Meteor Strike will spawn above players heads usually 2 locations which have to be rolled out from. You have only a couple seconds to start to roll as the animation is quick and the radius of the damage is greater than the animation so ideally you want to roll with the Tumbling Mastery foot mod which will give you enough distance each time on your roll to clear the damage. These will spawn throughout the fight and need to be avoided to waste a easy death
      • Tala's self healing mechanic which will happen throughout the fight as well but there is no skull and a small tell that will take the longest for groups to get used to countering. The animation is that of fire's absorb heat which Tala will outstretch one hand and fire a beam and will recover large amounts of health despite any healing debuff active. This is very important for the tank to not give Tala immunity because of this reason and to watch for the interrupt or a group member like the healer or controller will have to clip a lunge with their heal/recharge to prevent the healing
      • Tala's Skull Fireballs, this skull attack is similar to Firestorm's fireburst in Machine as Tala will fire a expanding wave of fireballs from her in a directional based attack but any player or tank standing directly in front of Tala at this moment will take one-shot overlapping damage but as the fireballs expand the farther away you are from Tala you take less impactful damage but you can still be knocked by the explosion into other fireballs
      • Blood Golem adds will spawn at various health % points of Tala's health but if she recovers health they will not respawn at the same level. The adds are brawling based and don't deal that much damage to a solo tank but make it harder for the tank to interrupt Tala's healing. The adds also have a random attack that deals large damage to a player which will be a red energy ball that is too quick to react to. Best practice is to kill the adds as soon as possible saving orbitals and supercharges for such moment.
      • Tala's incapacitating curse which is a purple stun beam attack similar to a lasso animation that will deal a good amount of damage to a player targeted and stun them, this animation is not a skull and happens randomly
      • Harbringer's strafing run is the blue purpleish fire auras that spawn across the map and then a arc lightning electric attack will pulse through the flames which will deal high damage up to 50k and also knock you back. So standing will interrupt you if you are a combo power or heat vision
    • Felix Faust mechanics found during encounter
      • Madness and the Harbringer strafing runs continue throughout the fight encounter
      • Felix has 2 primary phases, first phase is teleports similar to Dr Fate which you can just block and he will also fire out these purple skulls that stay on the ground and explode like grenades that will stun and damage you, ideally you want avoid it but its not that high of damage. The second phase is the damage shield which is used for 80% of the encounter
      • Felix's damage shield is a 100% damage check mechanic and is similar to Deathstrokes ikon suit in Hive elite, you must do enough damage to break the shield each time its used which is back to back to back for 80% of the fight.
      • Ideally you would want to solo heal and have the extra DPS but there are tentacles that spawn throughout the damage shield phase which will interrupt and deal alot of damage when near players and if players move out of the way to avoid getting hit with a damage shield up they will not deal enough damage and the shield will explode which a % goes through shields and will near one-shot the group.
      • If you run 2 heals you will need to co-ordinate a orbital rotation of 2 orbitals each shield in groups of 2 of the raid and then after your orbitals are on cooldown use supply's in combination with your damage supercharges
      • If the shield breaks it will go through block and shields and if you are hit by the madness or a tentacle it is easy to die
    • Mordru mechanics found during encounter
      • This is just a mini boss and drops no loot and his health is quite low so the fight goes quickly
      • Mordru is handblaster based and will teleport to players
      • He will use 3 artifacts the Crime Bible - Mark of Cain - Spear of Destiny
      • The Crime Bible from what I could see places a blood aura around you that if you are near players will deal damage so we just had whomever the Crime Bible targeted stand off to the side of the group
      • The Mark of Cain will place a red sigil on a random player that is similar to the blue shield of Deathstroke where you will be targeted and killed instantly. It did appear to kill through block but could be health based but all the player can do with mark of cain is block and wait for the damage to proc
      • Spear of Destiny isn't used as often and appears to just put you in a stunned state inside of a box but could be wrong on that.
    • Harbringer of the Devourer mechanics found during encounter
      • This is a re-skin of the Paradox Tyrant from Paradox Wave with the exact same animation attacks
      • This roll will kill a player in front and behind from the afterburner. This is massive consecutive damage that cannot be shielded or healed through you will just need to avoid being rolled on. The radius of the roll is quite small so if you are a few meters to the side you will not get damage just directly in-front or behind. He only rolls once at a time.
      • He will teleport slam on anyone in melee range
      • Any player or tank within close proximity can be chomped on which is also a one-shot damage so the tank will have to range tank it
      • The Harbriner will also fire electric beams that will damage and stun the group but only if you are facing it so best practice is to have the tank face Harbringer away from the group at all times
      • He will also spin and fire out energy grenades that appear to stun and do some damage but wasn't an issue in our runs
      • Madness ticks faster in this fight so be aware of Shazam
    • Like x 13
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

And yet some folks around these boards love to throw out conspiracy theories about how you want to prevent them from being able to complete the Elites... :rolleyes:

Kudos to you for taking your time presenting this.
    • Like x 3
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

Thanks for the videos and write ups. The one thing that was prevalent here, but was not mentioned was a nature super charge battery is very beneficial a must for fellowship elite. While it is not easy to see from the tank point of view in the video, it is how he is constantly getting shielded. Maybe this will not be necessary as people gear up, but I would highly recommend it until if you are attempting this raid at prior episode cr.

Edited for clarity
    • Like x 2
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not true at all not_again. We [Plats] beat both raids yesterday as well and our healer set-up was Water and Electric. Is the Nature Healing "battery" helpful? Absolutely but it is not necessary at all.

To Chill, awesome guide man. Hope it helps others complete the raids. Well done man.
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

Just a helpful tip to the masses. Elite static groups such as Plats are on a different level from the general DCUO community. I am glad you guys crushed it!
    • Like x 2
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thanks man and yeah, it is definitely a helpful tip regarding the Nature Healing "battery" aspect.
    • Like x 1
  8. Carilee Active Player

kudos to you Chill for the hard work that you did to create this guide, I know people, including me, give you a hard time but you do put in a ton of work to show people how to do things in this game and it is appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Listen, I've been here from the beginning man,...Alpha, Beta, and Launch. 'Chill was here too. He has always been accused of of being a ******, when in reality he is very passionate about the game needing challenging content. Additionally, he actually runs the difficult content. I am nowhere near his level of finishing content day one. I usually get to it.......week 3 or 4. But the concept of not having challenging content simply because I cant beat it or I can't beat it when I want too is ridiculous.

Furthermore, I don't know him personally, nor do I want too, but he has helped the game tremendously, more than most because he actually gives legitimate feedback based on testing and gameplay.

Thanks 'Chill. Quite often greatness is not appreciated until its gone.
    • Like x 3
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I did mention in both video commentaries about the bug form healer, the battery concept itself certainly helps at current tier, there are groups that didn't use it and were fine and once our group gets geared and used to mechanics it won't be needed at all etc. The bug from supercharge regen does need to be brought in line to the other healer powerset changes as well. Easiest is to just give Regeneration a decent shield with the healing to make it more attractive as currently bug can be just as good as a SC than even running regen.
    • Like x 2
  11. Balzemut New Player

As Brother Allen said, bug form "battery" is helpful, no needed, you are the one that says is needed. If devs nerf bug form cooldown or cost, they need to buff the hots too, because as nature healer I need to keep going in and out from bug form to apply hots and keep refreshing them. If devs just nerf bug form and don't increase the hots, they would be reducing our healing at 50%. My leaguemates have been doing the raids without a nature healer "battery" and they were able to finish them, so is no needed but it's helpful.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I never said everyone would need a nature bug, I said it in the context of our group had one and that's what that player was using bug form for. I also said other groups beat it without a nature so the battery isn't required just like the 3 healers we ran on Subjugated Fate isn't needed just showing if you want to what it looks like. Nor did I say or give reference to what they should do with Bug Form besides bringing it in line with the other changes. It doesn't take a seasoned veteran to know that its a harder task because how the form changes work and more testing would be needed than the 72 hours the devs had on test to change the others.

Thank you for your post.
    • Like x 1
  13. Balzemut New Player

Would be great if they make bug form a normal skill like invisibility from mental or stealth from gadgets, that way I could keep going in and out from bug form without eog spam, I'd swap one skill from the bug form loadout with regeneration sc
  14. AV Loyal Player

Something I haven't tested yet and am curious about: can the Mark of Cain be passed to other players/NPCs like Omega-Beams? Doesn't really matter since Mordru is pretty trivial but it'd make sense to me.
  15. AV Loyal Player

Have they changed Faust or something? He was just dropping shields non-stop with approx 1-2s from it getting busted to the next one going up. We used 1x orbital per shield, went through all 8 orbitals, and he'd still be spamming shield non-stop without orbital 1 being even half cd'd yet. We'd then burn SC/Supply/trinks/pets and we'd get through those and still the orbitals wouldn't be ready. Seems bugged.
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Since the hotfix monday it's been like that for us. 85% of his phases are shields were it will go through our regular 8 orbital rotation and then usually 3-5 more shield phases where we have to use supplys and supercharges with a couple phases usually breaking.
    • Like x 1
  17. AV Loyal Player

Think it's intended? Seems a bit overtuned. This was a pug, but a solid and well organized one that had no issues with Tala, excellent communication/coordination and solid ST burn. Extremely frustrating.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Should add that for Shattered Gotham Regular/Elite

Mordru Tips:

For the Mark of Cain mechanic while you should be grouping up to split damage to survive the scripted one-shot of the Mark it is much easier just to keep lunging as the Mark of Cain follows the dodge mechanics in game and you can dodge the Mark of Cain explosion.
  19. UnderMined New Player

Why does regen get **** on so much, I don't get it. As someone who always uses it in Elites and has as long as I can remember, it really is viable. Just as much so as a shield, believe it or not. Whenever I cast Regen, no one is going to die while it is active (like everything else, 12 sec tick). Unless from a one shot, which, one shot mechanics ignore shields either way. Or too many adds/bosses at once, which will break through a shield just as easy. This shield reliance is horrible, a crutch that too many use to avoid mechanics. Swarm shield gets absolutely no love either and that shield has never left my healer loadout, ever. I am putting a video on my YouTube channel within the next couple days to show every time I have used Regen in an Elite raid (JLD content including SGE!). You will see it true as I stated above, while Regen is active, I do not need to cast anything and unless from a mechanic or situation in-game that would kill through shields, no one will die while regen is active. When I post the video, I will return here and post the link!

Also, I have completed both Elites in JLD with and without bug form gemini. Used regen for Teen Titans, riddled with crime, age of justice, etc, etc. I missed the entire Atlantis episode. But better for the group using bug form to give them that supercharge regen but easy without it either way. I already have a video or two on my page healing without gemini. Regen head mod with soul cloak artifact and still in pretty good shape. Obviously, not nearly the level of regen as gemini but good none the less.

Yes, I am on Xbox but the mechanics and powers are the same. Work the same exact way on both servers. So, if regen works this way for me on Xbox, it will work this way on PC/PS. I know they are the same exact game, because whenever new content comes out, Xbox has something they need to press triangle on....you know, Xbox doesn't have a triangle....
  20. Brit Loyal Player

As an Elite Raid Nature Healer myself, I'll explain why I took it off the bar.

It's a Heal Over Time. Most of the Nature Healing loadout is Heal Over Times. If I have properly stacked my Phermones up, there is already a huge amount of Heal Over Time going on. As a Nature Healer, most of the time the HoTs just basically keep people topped off, and you priority heal the huge spike damage.

So what does Regeneration accomplish? It adds another layer of Heal Over Time. It's a very powerful Heal Over Time, but that's all it is is a Heal Over Time. If you're not dealing with a situation of big spike damage, then the normal Phermone stacking is almost always sufficient. And if you ARE dealing with spike damage, you need immediate healing, so you will utilize the priority heal rather than tossing out a huge Heal Over Time and then hoping that nobody gets KO'd while waiting enough ticks for it to top them up. It's too redundant to our normal loadout.

When the game launched Regeneration was an amazing supercharge, and it wasn't an 8-person shield. But it was different in one key way. At launch, Regeneration was a Heal Over Time that also granted significant amounts of Power Over Time. It was great in a pinch for healing when power started to run dry, because it healed people AND restored the power pool of the entire raid enough that it prepped you to be back and healing, along with giving the Tank power to shield/heal himself, and giving the DPS power to kick in some extra burn to resolve heavier waves of adds or whatnot that might be causing these issues. When Regeneration was nerfed to be Heals only, it dropped towards the back of the pack.

It's too redundant to the rest of the loadout. It doesn't accomplish anything that you can't already do without it. That 6th spot on the bar could be better served with a non-supercharge that you can use as a more regular part of your rotation, instead of waiting for a Supercharge that just does basically the same thing as your normal non-supercharge powers.
    • Like x 2