Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bindi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yea I'm guessing the character will build towards it a bit like Murdock's season 1 costume.
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

.......a spin-off?
  3. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Not sure how he would fit in with the Defenders that these Netflix shows are building towards, but DD's success changed a lot of the original plans. It could always lead to a Netflix standalone Punisher movie, but that's probably too easy as Marvel usually is about universe building. So much the same way that DD leads to the Defenders, I could see them using the Punisher to lead the way to the other dark places of the MCU like the Marvel Knights characters such as Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost rider.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I do so like the cut of your jib, sir. :D

Maybe if he goes over well, they will just reuse him in other of the planned seasons, cameos and what-not.
    *crosses fingers*
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here are Marvel's first official pics
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

She looks the part, and has done well with witty characters. I just have to get past Apt 23. :)
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Same here
  8. bindi Well-Known Player

first footage!!

• Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That... still doesn't show us her, in real action (was expecting her to smash the radio, but crushing it was good, hope she has a box of replacement clock radios :p)
  10. Krypton Dedicated Player

I'm totally looking forward this show so much.

It's different than other superhero stuff, and stars a woman. I hope it works. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I just hope people don't think this is going to be an action oriented type of show and dial down expectations a bit. As she's a retired superhero, and is now a private investigator. I think this show is suppose to be more grounded with the "Marvel Heroics" happening on the peripheral with Luke Cage, not that she can't handle herself, I just don't think she'll be flying around beating up baddies.

And of course there's the Purple Man ordeal...
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If they view it as something like 'Magnum PI' or 'Sam Spade' with Supers, they might not be so disappointed (or, to a lesser degree, like how 'Gotham' is a cop show that has some proto-nutters)
    • Like x 1
  13. bindi Well-Known Player

another teaser :eek:

• Like x 2
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can we please stop with the clips that don't show anything? o_O
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There's lots in these clips.

What there isn't are simple-minded fight scenes.

That isn't the only "anything" in drama.

Setting aside the content we've seen -- Avengers Tower, her super-strength, her private investigator office, her propensity for violence, her drinking, her drinking problem, her attitude -- you may wish to look into the concept of "subtext."

Also, just go read ALIAS.
    • Like x 2
  16. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to google subtext. And I came away thinking that a promo is not the best place for it.
  17. bindi Well-Known Player

they're just teasers, what do you expect? an actual trailer will show more of the story and characters... i'm loving the teasers and i think most Jessica Jones fans are.
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Some people enjoy being teased, being shown a tiny snippety sample and being left blue-balled, but not me

All those 'teasers' have shown me, is that she is a violent sociopathic drunk who doesn't like mornings
  19. bindi Well-Known Player

well there you go, that's something.. :p
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not enough to want to watch it though (or, maybe, too much to not want to watch)