Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by bindi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

I'll give it a shot, the current track record for Marvel shows is good. I will watch in anticipation of a Murdock sighting. I want to see if they do this with each new series (or season) going forward.

Must say, I am so stoked that the big skull dude gets some small screen love next year. I really hope they play Bernthal close to Frank's true personality. (Stevenson did a good portrayal, but the story was crap.)

And in case he gets his own show.....https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-punisher-tv-series.238560/ ....I called it first. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I see what you did there.
    • Like x 1
  3. bindi Well-Known Player

it's cool if you read the comics she's in, especially alias. it has the scene from alias where she punches a man through a door, straight out of the comic, so that's cool. also the purple man eerily saying her name.. a few little things that are exciting to fans of jessica. and it shows how she acts in that she will still be knocking guys through doors and stuggling with drinking.. there's interviews online talking about the characters and set photos that show how she'll look, so...

but i would love the two jessica's to team up in the show if marvel even has the rights that would allow that.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't read ALIAS, just the classic original Spider-Woman (hence the confusion of which Jessica is which, or when, or whatever, and if it is Jones or Drew married to Cage)

If it ever makes it to regular TV over here, will probably give it a shot (even though really don't like Ritter, will not let her other crappy show influence things)
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If you look a little more carefully, you'll learn that she's Jessica Jones, a private investigator, who drinks, takes photographs, throws people through her office door window, and lives in a New York City with Avengers Tower and a very specific color palette that says she's going to be exactly as she is in her original comic. Which I can't recommend reading more highly.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

As you doubtless know, Jessica Drew had a significant part in some of Jessica Jones' storylines, particularly the one with Spider-Girl Mattie Franklin.

I'm reasonably sure Drew will not be showing up in the Netflix series, and different characters will be substituted for her and Carol Danvers, but we can't have everything.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ooo ooo OOOOOO! Was just reading about "The Anti-Life", "The Slayer Of All That Breathes", "She Who Ate The Last Acorn", and if they show Jessica and Luke with their child, they better damn well have Doreen Green as their Nanny!!! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  8. bindi Well-Known Player

new images were released! :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I can see Carol Danvers' character being pushed to appear in a 2nd season as she would most likely have been cast for the Captain Marvel movie by then. They can even use some of those appearances to cover Danver's time as Ms. Marvel and use it as a backdoor origins story.
    • Like x 1
  10. Xinthus Active Player

If Cage and Jones end up with their kid down the road in the Defenders, it means Squirrel Girl could show up since she's their nanny. :p
    • Like x 2
  11. bindi Well-Known Player

that would be amazing
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like how you think :D
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If anyone would like more background and explication:
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, they are only listing Cage as her 'occasional love interest', which means they don't get married, which means they don't have little Danny, which means :eek: no Doreen Green, Super Nanny!!!!!!!!!! :(
  16. bindi Well-Known Player

well i would hope they don't get married and have a kid anytime soon, lol.. it didn't happen during Alias and i don't want Jessica out of commission before she's even started... and i don't think they'd bring Squirrel Girl into the Netflix shows, the purple man isn't even purple anymore because it was probably too "out there"..
  17. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Maybe this will help, she already has been....sorta:p

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh well, that's an easy solution to the problem of not having Netflix: no EssGee means won't have to look at Ritter's mouth or eyes :p (POO, just have a problem with her eyes and Jagger-lips :eek: )
  19. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

From the season 2 DareDevil set:

[IMG]
    He's got the psycho eyes down pat.

[IMG]
    "You talking to me?"

[IMG]
    This mobster should have taken a sick day.

[IMG]
    No Punisher Skull on the armor yet.:(
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

End of the season?
    • Like x 1