@Jackster&Devs The Iconic powers are being neglected

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Aug 9, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I wanted to make an update thread to what I made last year, and make this my permanent one.

As the title says, Iconic powers are beyond outdated, even Nature and Electric have had more updates. The innates in Iconic powers where the only things touched and were basically stat increases. This game is supposed to be about variety, the storyline itself shows exobytes going into people with multiple different abilities.

The Issue
    Iconic powers do not do decent damage in this era, they can also be power hungry, do nothing at all, or the usefulness of them is so minute that they again are left to get dust. Iconic powers don't even help roles effectively except the odd Tank.

The Need

Iconic powers need a revamp, some need to help with other roles, some need mechanic changing, some can add to Advanced Mechanics. The current Iconic powers just need a handful of tweaks to be useful and actually used by the player base. People who want to be a true Amazon, an actual Superman, an awesome Batman, a real Joker, can now have that opportunity and not have that dream taken away or be ineffective in combat.

The proposal and examples
    The following are examples of what can be mechanically revamped to actually make Iconic powers be used.

• Heat Vision: Like how Superman kills Black Adam in the opening film, Heat vision should be revamped to a Finisher. Enemies below 35% receive high damage.
    • Amazonian Deflection: Players are now able to move around while AD is active, the effect only works in Tank Role and Control Resistance is reduced from 100% to 10% like other normal Tank shields, the ability does not stack with similar tank abilities.
    • Batarang Multi-Shot: Revamped for the Controller role. Range is increased and Batarang Multi-Shot is now a Defence Debuff in Controller Role.
    • Neo-Venom Boost: Revamped for the Tank role. In Tank role Neo-Venom boost now Increases your Damage Absorption by 50% and receive a small Heal over Time. + 25% Weaponization Rating. Does not stack with other similar tank abilities. Power cost is also reduced.
    • Gag Glove: Revamped to work as an API for all API powers. Good for Gadget players roleplaying as Clowns. In Controller Role, Gag Glove is now a Defence Debuff. Good for both Muntions and Gadget Roleplayers.
    • Pheromone Bloom: Now a 50% supercharge. Now causes a highly potent AoE Damage Over Time to enemies and Heals Allies nearby. Heals are more potent with higher restoration in healer role.
    Those are just some Examples.
    Future proposal and future use with the Market Place.
    The current abilites in the iconic tree with have had for like 5 years and are like only 1% of possible and potential Iconics. I would like top propose to make either 1 or 2 new Iconic powers a month to add use to roles and sell them on the MP. Players who buy these they will then be unlocked in the Iconic tree.
    Examples are; Intangible (Martian Manhunter), Crystal Encasing (Star Sapphires), Hand Pools (Black Hand), Rage Orb (Jarred), Blood Sheild (Brother Blood), Arrow Tech Multishot (Green Arrow), Ebon Teleportation (Obsidian) and Soul Slave Pet (Felix Faust).
    Iconic powers will make the community very happy, and addition to the MP can bring revenue.

All I ask is this be looked into next year or after Nature and Electric get their overdue attention also.
    Please make Iconic Powers matter!
    • Like x 18
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yes to pretty much all of that.

I'd love for them to revamp the existing ones, and add a ton of new ones. So many NPCs (and Legends) have been added to the game since launch with awesome powers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I agree, Iconic powers do need to be updated. However, I don't agree on making the specific ones listed role-specific.
    • Like x 3
  5. majosea Dedicated Player

I would the powers reworked to power trees in game Pheromone Bloom: Nature tree , word of power reworked for mostly healer work into Electric .

and the some made into new power sets and Amazon, actual Superman ect , and remove some from the all togher like the joker clown box the use to cheat content

in the end there would be no Iconic tree , just a tree for stats bonus dps, tank, healer , controller ,
    I would like increase them and make bonus stats for supports roles increase thier crit like the dps

----------------------------------------------------------------

some of home tuff mods need to remove and rework to something else since use power dont use them anymore like ice ect,

some were just made for pvp and no longer work for pvp in some time ect
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The current ones we have, most simply don't fit in with advanced mechanics. I also mainly made them support role specific as DPS is very risky when it comes to exploits or new OP loadouts. Any new Iconics made can counter that.

As for an ability being shared between 2 support roles such as Controllers and Healers, it simply hasn't been done yet, is risky, and they may not even have the tech for it.
  7. Pults Loyal Player

For being non-AM powers they are fine. Now if there was an AM for iconics I'd be on board.
    Similar to this.
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Devs seems to have their hands busy fixing all the failures of the last year with the powers, stats and fast food content but...
    We need rotations of 4 power habilities at max.
    So we can have something extra like Iconics or SC.
    It would add variety and fun to the mix, they do need a buff. And we need new ones too! It should be useful even for end game content.
    Please make it happen!
  9. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

10. Helderman Dedicated Player

None of these changes Will have any meaning while there is a cap ln Power points. What we need is 30 Power ponts to unlock all innates without sacrificing the other Power trees.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

Freezing breath should work with ice AM. Also: same goes for movement powers! Would be nice having an AM for movement mode only loadouts. Or an AM that uses all kryptonian powers like freeze breath (dammage debuff), heatvision (heal debuff), xray vision (shield debuff!!!), superstrengh (weapon buff) and dash attack (flight). Also: neo venom boosts mana cost and cooldown reduced or giving precission buff and enhanced weapon dammage...
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

Using high pressure after low pressure shuld reduce its mana coast and/or activate a power back mechanik for movement powers ^^
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Nature and Electricity first!
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

15. iClip Committed Player

Why do you think they are neglected? Because no one uses them. The only iconics I use are M. Lasso and ofc the Troll, Heal, DPS and Tank Iconics. I can guarantee you, that no one would use the iconic powers unless using one of them as part of the AM would make them automatically do OP damage. Why do you think people used Phase Dodge??? Because not using it would make you do not as much damage as someone who did in most cases. My crystal ball tells me that if they did somehow make them useful it would further imbalance the powers and lead to the billionth DPS revamp, and I'm going off of past history with this game and the two companies that have owned it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

Here's a far out idea...

What if, and I'm sure this requires a lot of tech work... what if we could swap out any power in either tree with an iconic?

Basically, it would only be cosmetic really.

Thus way they don't need to mess with them in a "balance" way, and they could truly become a part of any AM rotation.

I know Heat Vision has a long animation, so there's that. But just think of Heat Vision replacing, say, Artic Gust?!
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

As someone working on an all-iconics alt, I seriously approve of this.
  18. krytine Loyal Player

I am not so sure about some of the ideas posted in here but yes I do believe the iconic powers all need a boost revamping to include roles as well
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I support this but i just dont think they will do anything. Not sure how many likes an OP has to get or does a thread need to reach a certain # of posts/pages before taking action is considered? I say this cause there have been some really good ideas people have had and they get 15 or so likes on it. Thread ends up 2-3 pages and then gets lost in the shuffle and no changes were made. Im really curious to know how they determine which feedback they will act on. This topic has been requested for years now.

Imo this is where there is a potential issue. There are comic/movie fans that will come play this and wanna look like supes and use heat vision. Or look like bats and wanna throw batarangs. Im not sure why they cant just adjust the dmg on these powers to be viable. Or include them in all AMs. Doesnt seem like it would be much work to just raise the dmg on em. I too think they need a revamp/reboot. But raising the dmg would be a start ;)
  20. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player