I've been using Add to Ignore a lot recently. . .

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wildboy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Wildboy Committed Player

. . .for all the spammers polluting chat with pleas for free stuff.

"Will someone give me an aura, PLEEEEAAAAAZZZZZZZZ???"

"Can someone give me some money?"

"Is there anyone who will give me the Energy Battery Backpack?"
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

It's a roundabout way to ask people to send them grey drop items.... isn't it..... ?
    • Like x 11
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

"LOOKING FOR GATES WALK IN"
    "Walk-ins are gone dude"
    "LOOKING FOR PRIME WALK IN"
    • Like x 7
  4. dozer New Player

How about, "need dps for TD....NO HEALER!!"

So I won't be healing them when the new raids come out either ;)
    • Like x 10
  5. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

You should see the ignore list on my toons, have more names in my ignore list then that batmans best league on USPS hero side. If you've never seen a person with batmans best as their league you haven't been playing long lol
  6. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

Exactly. I think all healers should remember this when any newer raids/alerts/etc. come out.
    "Need Healer!" "Need Healer!"
    ....Ahh, No.:p
    • Like x 3
  7. Wildboy Committed Player

That's too funny! Just today, I saw this thread:

"Looking for roles for Gates walkin. Send tell."
    "No more walkins"
    "Why?"
    "GU37"
    "Well that sucks! Now I have to rely on other people's help!"

about a minute later from the same player:

"Looking for roles for Ace Chemicals."
    • Like x 6
  8. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I found a much more efficient method, never look at the text box or listen to chat
    • Like x 4
  9. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

about the only time I put someone on ignore is if their toon name is blatantly ******** or disturbing, because more and likely a player who makes a toon with a disgusting or rude name are more likely the same way during gameplay and are usually the ones that are unbearable to play with.
    • Like x 3
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There goes my XxxQuizkScopeztoYourBallxXx
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't add players to my ignore list. I add some to my friends list if they're overly obnoxious. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
    • Like x 1
  12. Peach4saints Committed Player

''Will someone help me get my cr up''
    • Like x 2
  13. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Same for me after WOTL I was in the best healer gear, but then Amazon Fury dropped and I was useless.
    I went full Dps (all 92 but neck and 1 ring), and everyone on my friends list wanted me to run it with them. They got deleted, and I made new friends.
  14. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Didn't mean to quote my own post.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Custom Channels used to be a resource for the community of players.... Since I came back it seems less of that. & yes i noticed they added LFG channel to Default setting. A subscribing gold selling spammer's marketplace.

Community of players, why have they not continued to use the default channels? (other companies find it vastly easy to ban a user per post seconds after they post inappropriate test. Why does DOE have an issue with it? DOE, because that's the sounds Homer Simpson makes, instead of SOE. which may have stood for something at some point. I forget when that happened.) Custom channels requires a user to actually read.... read the settings.... considering how few of them read the Power descriptions.... this will not be resolved by users. Hey! did i mention that the restrictions on Default chat channels are not applicable on custom channels???? The ones that never read power descriptions and do not know of Custom Channels at all are likely not ones you'd want to PuG with...... so use a Custom Channel. or not.

Please, community of players, don't mistreat custom channels. Random chat in a designated lfg channel of community minded helpful players, need to be left in the custom channel named "dear diary" or league chat. ;)

PS: Warhammer Online stuck people in a default guild chat.... nobody who had played for a few hours stayed in it. It's the Gold spammer's wet dream. A pool of users who are new and unaware of the capabilities of the game (not already in a guild).

LFG default channel is for Newbs. Also, it's sad that there are less players around from the time this was common sense. Endless progression and no unique boss mechanics does have a result. :oops:

Also, Heros.... use Dear Diary or some other random title that may relate to your random nonsense chat, not VLFG. yall trolls. VLFG is not the global VS channel. THIS is why i support a GW2 version of LFG. Chat is SOOOOoooooooo wrong. Had the developers of other SOE mmos not given some tips??? (search "Everquest LFG." sort by images.) :oops::rolleyes:

HEY! from Jan. 2011, http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...erse_Online_SOEs_FastestSelling_Game_Ever.php
    and its taken this long to get a UI change????? :rolleyes: why have players quit playing? possibly to motivate the change needed? (not prioritized, not implemented early enough, and new content was stamped and pushed out in relatively incomplete state..... Like Warhammer Online did. Not fix issues but push out content on schedule) I'm astonished at the speed and quality that DE does with Warframe. :oops:

meow, excuse me, Orange is the new Black, which i began watching this evening, is more entertaining than repeating content for marks.
  16. ReddRosey Well-Known Player

i add ppl to my ignore list if they spam me tells asking for my number , intense sexually words, rudeness , are you a guy , do you have a boyfriend , all the thirsty things that guys says, plain stupid , kicking me from group , trade chat spammers , scamming i add them to my friends list then report them then ignore them , spamm duels inv , and all crazy things that they will do in the game LOOL i think 80% of the usps heroes is probably on my ignore list and usps villains not much but it will get there. its a'holes on both side
    • Like x 1
  17. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Trade chat is completely out of hand and if there are monitors they don't do anything about it. Putting people on ignore is really not the answer. It is managing chat and punishing the offenders. I use to report a lot but nothing every happens so I just stopped doing it. If I did not need Trade chat for trading I would remove it altogether.
    • Like x 2
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

That kinda thing will always be in the game sadly. I just stand there while they plague my chat with this sorta thing and laugh with my bf.
    it's actually fun seeing them try hard while u just stand there lol.

On topic:
    I literally had this guy chasing me around asking for aura last night. His name was giveXmeXauras or something like that. Didn't add him to ignore because I was curious how many people he would troll.

The people that deserve to be added are ones who try to scam people in trade chat for PSN. I can't stand seeing that in there scam or not
    • Like x 2
  19. Malachyte Devoted Player

These are my automatic add to ignore shouts...

Trading PSN card for 20mil or bascially antyhing
    Looking for "Antyhing" Walk In - even though you can't anymore I still see people shouting for this.
    Anyone have free Aura
    Can someone help level me up
  20. Arcpope New Player

Lol god bless people . And yes you will,
    I'm a very good troll........

It's just an alert, things will settle down when the new content come out.