Itsy bitsy teenie weenie phases we can't get into

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Mar 5, 2020.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

So while working on the new boss feat in Thanagar, nearly every group I was in was complaining about how it was nearly impossible to phase to an area where the bosses were spawning. Tons of shouts in LFG to "phase here, phase here" and 98% of the time attempts were met with "Target phase is already full." Even in phases where people were saying "There's nobody here." I've seen this before, but it's never been so pervasive...or frustrating. Can we expand the phase capacity a bit? Please?
    • Like x 6
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

I belive the reason why the phase capacity hasn't been expanded is because of potential lag that people may experience which could lead to server crashing. That's one of the reasons why there are so many phases in the first place and it think it was mentioned by Mepps that currently there are over 200.
    • Like x 3
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I remember the days before there were phases and Mepps would go out into the open world...we crashed the servers so many times, LOL.

The phases are a good thing. Frustrating? Yeah, a bit, especially for these things. Just pop into LFG or another popular chat channel, use phase with someone from the list and keep hopping around. I knocked all of these new bounty feats out in about three hours yesterday. Not a big deal.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Sorry but just jumping around to phase from phase doesn't address the issue that for Onimar Syn to spawn you have to get Nth Metal Golem first. So players in the phase that stay put and take care of the Golem are doing more work than those who are jumping phases. It's very frustrating to be in a phase where no one is around to get the Nth Metal Golem and therefore Onimar Syn doesn't appear. Both Golem and Syn only take six minutes between each other to spawn. So how about all you phase jumpers instead of being locked out and lagging the phases just hunker down and burn the open world bosses quickly in one phase instead? It would help greatly this weekend for everyone
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

And spend over 6+ hours doing both bounties in a single phase? Hell no. Me and my friends were helping two groups, so obviously we all were phasing a lot and we got the feat done within 2 hours. Also in order to get it done faster, we were jumping not only from phase to phase, but from group to group as well, so we could allow more people in, even though the lag was crazy.

And I did stay for couple Nth Golem's and once we got him down, 1 person stayed to hold on the phase while the rest were looking for more and if it happened to be Nth Golem again, there were more than enough people in that specific phase to get him killed.
    • Like x 2