It's Time For a Universal Walk In Portal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's quite difficult to get groups to do old or even semi-recent content, especially on Switch.

Please find a way to make this happen so players have a chance to go for older feats and styles. This would breathe so much life into older content!
    • Like x 13
  2. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

100%
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They cut back making walk-in portals (and disabled a couple) because they were causing some issues. Until or unless they can find a way to address whatever the issues were, I wouldn't hold my breath on such a request.

After all, if portals for specific pieces of content were causing problems I can't imagine a universal one being exempt from those same difficulties. It could even open up a whole new can of worms.
    • Like x 1
  4. Doctor Null New Player

My only guess here is maybe it was adding to increased server load...
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's never going to happen. the best we can hope for is a Force Queue system where you get to enter in a smaller group, or solo.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There's no reason to say it will never happen.
  7. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

People exploiting the TP’s should have been banned/suspended (lengthy) but look at the game now! Openly hacking. Not even bothering to put in symbols as a username. Money exploits on broker. The old lpvp power exploit that made trolling basically redundant.

This game has a hell of a lot more issues than possible exploits. It’s already infested with them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I mean i see 3 ways this can and should work
    1) universal walk-in Portal
    - a 1 size fits all portal, when u click it an pick where u wanna go.
    2) walk in portals
    -Specific to the area as we have now just 1 for each instance (alerts and raids)
    3) option added to on duty where when u Q up, it asks.....
    -A. Find group
    or
    -B. Enter with current group (this would include solo)

I cant see why 3rd option would not work.......
    • Like x 2
  9. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

It will never happen
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, there is. the devs have already said it's not going to happen. they disabled Paradox & stopped making new walk-ins because they kept crashing the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Prime got disabled also? I know Paradox did, I didn't read anything about Prime though.
    • Like x 1
  12. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Prime hasn’t been discontinued! Dox was. And it was done because of an exploit people were using that involved logging in and out.

If that was the case - the problems are still happening with regular TP’s to this day. People are using TP’s at their risk now. I must crash 4-5 times a day using them.

And if TP’s are an issue. It’s upto the company to fix! Not just remove them, making the game less accessible.

They simply aren’t! It’s not that they “can’t” minimise expenditure. Maximise income. As more and more leave.
    • Like x 2
  13. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Prime is there. I used it yesterday on alt doing marks runs.
    • Like x 1
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's the one I meant. I've edited the comment, accordingly.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because they Mepps himself said they can get it to work properly, for the last few years actually
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

DCUO's Code under the hood:[IMG]
    After years, if i change the emblem in my base while someone is within my house i can crash their program if they are looking at it, is still there. It used the hardlock PS3s when it was supported.
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Nah, it probably will.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it really won't.

but perhaps one thing that could be done, I don't know, I'm not a dev, would be to have a menu appear when you go to enter a DLC area that gives you the options to a: enter, & b: queue in. you select queue in, & you get a list of all the solos, duos, alerts, & raids for that DLC appear. you choose the one you want, & are given the options to queue for the instance or "force queue" which gets you in with whatever size group you have. I think, maybe, that would be about as close as we're going to get to walk-ins. so, yeah, not walk-ins. queue-ins.