It's not only time, but but waaaa past due for THIS fix....

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Pagun8552, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Pagun8552 New Player

SETTINGS!!!

Sick and god damned tired of coming into game and having the game's CONSTANT theme music make my ears bleed... having to constantly ignore duels... and all the other little frickin little things in between EVERY DAMN TIME I LOG INTO GAME!!!

MAkE SETTiNG CHANGES PERMANENT!!!

(P.S.: Don't tell me to "run as administrator" and fix from there, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!)

*/rant_off*
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Coming here saying things like that will not get the Devs attention any faster. But it could possibly get you the ban hammer.

Constructive critisism is always helpful, but I see no need for them to help you with a *rant* like yours
    • Like x 2
  3. silikyan Well-Known Player

My settings like duels are permanent.
    4 me it´s working.
    I run on steam.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Devs can't and never will access or change your Windows settings. I am personally glad they respect privacy.

Now... How to fix it...

• The game stores all settings in My Documents / My Games / DC Universe Online / Save Data
    • This has little to do with admin rights...
    • When write protection is enabled for any of the folders, your settings, screenshots and login can never be saved
    • The write protection can come from Windows, your security software, malware and even hardware.
    • It can be caused by running DCUO or Windows from an external hard drive or SSD
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I seem to have issues with this problem. Could you further explain the 2nd and 3rd points you made? I believe they maybe my problem, the second one especially. I appreciate any help with this problem.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I explained in my first point where the data is stored. You must go there and check the windows settings for that folder.

Starting DCUO with admin rights is mostly required for game updates - not to save your login or settings. This doesn't mean your security software can't block DCUO from creating and changing folders, so make sure to add all permissions as described on DBG's help page.

Another thing: your signature is far too large... you should look at the rules again because they make sense to make the forums less annoying to read ;)