It's Just One Of Those Days....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Anyone just have one of "those" days where literally everything sucks? Yeah, well, that's been this entire month for me.... What do you do to cheer yourselves up? I'm in serious need of a pick-me-up.
    • Like x 5
  2. JonnyD New Player

drink up and then play fetch with my dog
    • Like x 1
  3. Notangie New Player

Watching/playing with my cats and baking, not so much baking, but the eating the raw little bit of batter from the bowl, while the cake/brownies/cookies are in the oven. Reminding the remaining loved ones that l love them. Watch comedies, not chick flick rom com, those suck. Shampoo the carpet. Cry. Play video games.
    • Like x 2
  4. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I could use a nice, tall drink right now....
    • Like x 1
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I eat cookie dough ice cream. And I usually play the oboe or flute too.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Make my daughter laugh and just watch her, lol I know it's cliché but it's the truth
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What's a oboe?
  8. JonnyD New Player

How about cupcakes instead?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I usually just listen to music or try to write, but neither are helping right now. If I had someone to talk to or at least joke around with, it would be a lot more helpful. Sadly, both of my sisters have moved out and my parents are always gone or busy, so I have no one.
  10. JonnyD New Player

I'm about to have lunch in a bit. Wannu chat and play some mindless legends on USPC?
  11. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I would, but I'm mostly on PS3 these days :p I appreciate it, though :)
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Woodwind instrument that requires a double reed to play.
  13. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I'm not a good one to ask ... really ... I'm still in a funk over my lady leaving me (cause I was "the best boyfriend she'd ever had, and treated her like a queen. Made her feel like the center of the universe and like the only person in the room. But it was our time") and that was months ago ... pretty sad to still be in a funk over it
    I do my best just to stay positive and react with kindness to as much as I can. Do things you enjoy doing is the best advice. Anything that makes you happy (even for 5 minutes) and takes your mind off of the issue is a big plus! Funks are hard to get out of. Just don't let it descend into anger or hate ... those lead to the dark side ... but really, most modern psychologists will tell you that real hate and anger never go away. If you allow yourself to feel emotions that strongly you will simply put yourself on a downward spiral.
    • Like x 3
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Lmao thx u speaking a foreign language right now, but thx
    • Like x 1
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lmao lets just say it sounds like a duck when people first learn it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

• Like x 4
  17. Mr.Me New Player

Makes new alt named, "TallDrink," then offers Free piggy back rides for life! Hehe. ;)

They make a liquor called Root, its just root beer distilled into 90 proof, best root beer float ever.

Maybe these will help a little, cheer up! :)

Lunch break over... sigh!
    • Like x 1
  18. Rebelled New Player

Can't believe no one's suggested this yet

Masturbation.
    • Like x 4
  19. Raptor T. Committed Player

Watch funny videos

Have fun in DCUO

Talk to friends

Talk to parents

One thing to remember is you have to focus on the solution rather than the problem and complain like many people do.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

I find that being alone only exacerbates the problem. What I do is go to a cafe or coffee shop with a good book and people watch. I make up positive stories about the people I see or strike up a casual conversation with a nearby patron. Usually I have to consciously make the effort but after a while it becomes easier and I forget about my troubles for a time.
    • Like x 4