Its been almost 5 years

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by FutureSoldier, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yep, the combat system of this game is what truly makes it different, no other mmo has a faced paced/ immersive fighting system within the game. The fighting system of this game made its pvp reign above other mmos
    • Like x 1
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Pvp doesn’t need to be “rebuilt from the ground up” that type of effort isn’t needed, it only needs a couple of tweeks!! Some massive revamp just isn’t needed, because pvp isn’t broken, there’s just balance issues, with the ability to spam being the main one
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

What upsets me about pvp not being updated is the fact that it doesn’t need some major revamp, just a few changes, you have a couple of things that are too strong, you have unblockable combos (which could be blocked before revamp), and you have the spamming issue, you can spam powers with a superpowered build because the power regeneration is too efficient for might based attacks. weapon damage/ precision damage is fine within pvp, it’s so balanced that if everyone used a “weapon expert” build, pvp would be better than it was before stat revamp. A few tweaks to pvp could literally resolve most of the problems within it, and that’s what’s frustrating about it not being touched.
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The same thing that has been done in the past... little “tweaks” to change the balance... is exactly what produced this mess 8n the first place. To figure out what “tweaks” would be necessary to fix it requires unraveling all of the “tweaks” done over the years.

i stand by my statement. It would probably be faster and cleaner (and saner) to redesign PVP from the ground.
    • Like x 2
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

“Small tweaks” didn’t create the current state of pvp at all..... STATS REVAMP DID, which was a complete redesign, something that you’re ironically asking for again! And it did it simply by making combo powers unblockable, and making the power regeneration for might too abundant, which created the spamming issue the game has. those are the core issues in pvp, there are other small nuances that can be addressed but they aren’t focal issues. Why would they use resources on a complete revamp, when pvp doesn’t need that type of effort for its issues to be resolved,

Spamming is the main concern in pvp, and reducing the power regeneration that you get from specing super powered (in pvp) could fix that, there’s simply no reason to create something from the ground up when the foundation that’s already built is barely damaged, instead you could just make a slight repair to resolve whatever issue(s). Pvp, isn’t broken it’s just unbalanced, the mechanics are fine, powers are fine, and weapons damage/ weapon expert build is literally balanced, and probably the best it’s ever been in pvp
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This is how I know you have no clue about software engineering. Sometimes bugs get buried so deeply that it takes the fixing of another bug to expose it. This happens all the time in DCUO... and it happens everywhere else. The entire foundation for the problem you see now was put in place with all of the "small tweaks" over the years. All GU73 did was expose them.

THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS IS TO UNRAVEL EVERY CHANGE MADE BEFORE GU73 OR TO REDESIGN THE ENTIRE PVP ENGINE FROM THE GROUND UP.
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

Mepps, by consistently ignoring PVP, what needs to be realized is that you're killing your own game's potential. This COMMUNITY is made up of more than just players who only enjoy your PVE content. Why are we constantly receiving excuses as if the rest of us don't matter? The biggest one that's probably most said is "PVP doesn't make money." How is that so when you've had many players throughout this game's history who were paying customers because of what you once provided in PVP? I know many of those players who are no longer here and the money from them stopped because of the neglect towards that aspect of the game. You may say "PVP doesn't make money." But, indirectly, it very much so did and still does.

You look at the concept of this game, a comic book world of Heroes vs. Villains. Don't you think PVP should have a far stronger foundation within this game based on that alone? As your customer who has been around this COMMUNITY since February of 2011, that aspect of the game is what dragged me in. It's the kind of thing that truly helped this game to thrive at it's absolute best, as I remember a time in DCUO when the PVP phase used to be more active than the PVE phase. Most of the big named players within this COMMUNITY who helped to popularize this game in it's earlier years, bringing you more paying customers, were "PVP'ers." Yet, "PVP doesn't make money?"

You're the COMMUNITY Manager, Mepps. As the title of this thread indicates, it has been far too long for PVP to have been put on such a backburner. When are you going to start prioritizing your COMMUNITY as a whole? Do you forget that the "PVPers" are a part of this COMMUNITY, too? For years now, we have been begging and pleading for your DEV team and staff to just do SOMETHING. Even if it was only a new set of gear to continue being added once a year, that would've been enough to keep us content, a reason to keep coming back. Yet, the problems in PVP are so much bigger than that. Plenty of threads existing within these forums to point those flaws out.

I think one of the saddest things I've recently noticed is that the current max tier of PVE gear exceeds the threshold of the max tier PVP gear. Basically, deeming PVP gear almost obsolete now within the aspects of what it's designed for. Given how this game is naturally structured, it shouldn't be that way as it speaks volumes towards the kind of neglect PVP has received. You still have an audience in this COMMUNITY for it, Mepps. And, I assure you, paying players would return if you simply just figured out how to properly capitalize upon the potential that exists within it.

All you have to do is go back to the roots of what made PVP thrive in the first place, Mepps. Let that be the foundation and rebuild from there. You have dedicated PVP players in this COMMUNITY who honestly deserve better. Especially, when you consider the contributions they've made towards your company financially. Yet, we're still saying "PVP doesn't make money."

The attention PVP is in dire need of is long overdue. Everything from content, to new gear, and an appropriate set balance where PVP actually feels fixed. It's a part of your game, Mepps. I can't think of any other game out there that has a whole portion of everything it provides ignored like this. With all due respect, at this point, it has just become unacceptable.

Would you like to know my all-time favorite moment in DCUO's history, Mepps? Long ago on the US PS3 server, there was a war hosted by you, as Evil Mepps, and Radar X about a month prior to the "Last Laugh" DLC's release. The two of you served as active generals making some sort of broadcast announcement calling everyone to Gotham in the PVP phase to either fight by your sides or to seek out the opposing factions general. I remember the event being filled with so much chaos and a ton of lag, haha. But, it was the most fun I've ever had on this game. I've never seen a greater moment of the COMMUNITY coming together. A time like that is why it's so bothersome that PVP now is being treated so poorly, as if we, as "PVP'ers," never mattered.

All I'm asking is that all of you within Dimensional Ink find some way to truly do this, Mepps. And, this time, make sure it's done the right way. Your "PVPers" are a part of this COMMUNITY, too. Make PVP great again. Thanks for your time.
    • Like x 3
  8. Walvine Well-Known Player

through the f2p psn access Tera ,skyforge and neverwinter.
    What seperates dcuo from them is character customization.
  9. Napoleon Well-Known Player

DCUO has become a dumping ground for monetization. It isn't just long in the tooth, it's in the need of a full set of dentures. Not enough people play PvP to warrant further development, especially this late in a game's lifespan. Even if they could get a full return on their investment through monetizing PvP like they do PvE, I don't think the dev team is capable of delivering us something that isn't broken.

In layman's terms; PvP is going to stay at the state it is until DCUO servers go down indefinitely.
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

Believe me, I hear you, and I get it. But, that kind of mindset and those kind of excuses I just can't buy into when you have plenty of game companies out there who do for their communities what Daybreak/Dimensional Ink simply hasn't done for us over the past few years. None of it means we have to accept that. We're the ones who pay their bills and put food on their tables. So, we're in every right to speak up on it when that's the case. And, it doesn't matter how small the PVP crowd has become, there's still an audience for it. There are still players who are willing to come back if a proper fix and update is to be given. To continuously ignore that only does more harm than good for this product and is simply the wrong way to go about it.
  11. FutureSoldier Active Player

I agree with this they need to redesign the whole thing unless they revert back to GU72 which isn't very possible. With the current state of pvp it's impossible to fix it with small tweaks. They could fix it with small tweaks in 2014-2016 but with stats revamp introduced it will now need a full redesign
    • Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

After 5 years, I think we definitely have been waiting long enough. It is time to do it again. Time to do what we've been waiting 5 years for. Time... for another Name Reclaim Event.
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Exactly. And the thing is, they could almost go right back to the original design and start from there. Ignore the "tweaks" and "fixes" that were done along the way... possibly bring back role-related buffs and debuffs, maybe even role specific gear. Go back before everyone started complaining and developers started fiddle-farting around with the code to give one group or another, or one power set or another, an advantage (or take one away).
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The game was made for pvp, the whole story is centered around Villians vs Heroes, its a shame really.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

Seriously? Atomic and fire tanks were nearly unstoppable, rage and hard light could put ridiculous damage in seconds, etc. Take off your rose tinted glasses pvp was a mess way before the revamp came around.
    • Like x 1
  16. FutureSoldier Active Player

If you were good enough you could stop fire and atomic before the revamp, it wasnt perfect but it required skill. This revamp doesn't require any since you can just spam powers and win. Only people who say that revamp pvp takes skill are people that are pvers with 500+sp who know they can just use their pve rotation and win every scrim.
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Fire and atomic did not require skill before revamp lol, you could block break with a powertray ability, plus you still had am bonus damage in pvp that which caused a huge imbalance. And people began spamming in pvp just a little before revamp, when they found out they could mod might and power, and spam with no repercussions. The current issue in pvp revolves around power regeneration, you can spam in pvp with no repercussions, because might powers can’t be blocked or lunged
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

Imo it was revamp that completely destroyed PVP. Revamp was created in mind of a *PVE* only not both PVE & PVP. The devs making revamp they completely omitted PVP aspect. They didn't think about the consequences of removing the immunity and the ability to counter power attacks and how this will reflect on PVP combat. So now they would have to revamp the whole game again to change this.
  19. FutureSoldier Active Player

How long would it be without episodes if you completely revamped PVP?
    Perfect idea: Release 8man survival mode, while PVE players are doing SM you can completely revamp PVP
    Everyone will be happy :D:D
  20. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

I know this will be controversial but... if you update PVP, make it so that to access new content for it you have to be a sub or something. Then those F2P won't be able to play it non-stop without ever paying for the service and then you'd make money on the potential effort and resources put forward.