It's a sad day in DCUO when...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kzinti, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Kzinti Committed Player

you have $150,000,000 to $200,000,000 in game cash and still can not buy some items :(
    • Like x 9
  2. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

1st world problems. No sympathy here
    • Like x 4
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont see it as a 1st world problem at all. I see it as a game problem. When there are highly desirable items with feats attached to them and less then 1% of the playerbase can afford them ;)
    • Like x 13
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

For me, it was a sad day in DCUO when the amount of cool stuff that cost over and above my subscription outweighed the few things I had access to as part of it.
    • Like x 9
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It's also a sad day when you can get more money for the most recent mainframe mod plans selling them to the vendor rather than the broker.
    • Like x 4
  6. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

You don't need one cosmetic style to continue playing.
  7. Shifty Committed Player

No one needs the cosmetic style, that isn't the issue here, it's the 50 point feats alot of people have to go without cause these lame styles are so expensive. It isn't fair that you're forced to spend 100s of dollars only to not get the rare collections for these ******** auras/materials, and then look and see them extremely overpriced in the broker. Since the merge the economy has been crap, and it's extremely difficult to make in game money without having to drop alot of real cash in this game, and it's just not worth it.
    • Like x 2
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

You either use a lot of real cash to make enough in-game money in a timely fashion to get the items before the Time Capsules get cycled out for the next batch or you have to literally spend hours upon hours upon hours upon hours farming and selling on the broker or haggling via trade chat. Not fun.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Did some math with current prices on the broker as of about an hour ago. To finish all the items/feats in the new TC it costs roughly 250 million. That is ofc if u buy everything and dont get lucky opening some capsules. So can we plz stop with the "the items can easily be obtained ingame by buying em off the broker"? And lets not forget this is coming off the ATC that just ended a few days ago where the phoenix material was 100 million plus. Sure sounds like reasonable prices to me :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::mad: Im sure even half the players will finish these items and feats :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's a sad day in the world when you have millions in in-game cash, but struggle to buy real-life groceries
    • Like x 5
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

Where is that guy that said everything from Capsules is 3mill?
    • Like x 6
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Fixed for accuracy. It amazes me that a scant few people get these rare items then these same scant few people actually get them multiple times. How is that even possible? Because random isn't random, that's why.
    • Like x 4
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

There have been a few recently who implied that it could be done reasonably but I don't remember anyone saying they finished everything for 3 million.

Although I could be wrong :p
    • Like x 1
  14. Delsin Rowe Level 30

I have somewhere around 200M and there really isn't anything I want. That's another problem. Lol

All the materials do nothing for me and I'm not paying 15-20M for an orange or pink aura that I'll never wear just for a feat.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Blame the weak economy, brought about by the fact that most players aren't subscribers and therefore can't list items on the broker for more than $40,000.
    • Like x 3
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

Lets point blame where blame is deserved and that's the dcuo decision makers. Whomever is forcingntyis game killing profit schemes is the only place to put blame.

I love this game and it is light years ahead of anything else I played in my 40 year life. Thing is I struggle to log in and it's harder to keep my sub up.

ABSOLUTELY NOT because of my real life cash. I could easily buy every single rare item in multiples dcuo drops on is. Without ever feeling a bit to my wallet.

I struggle because it's about the worst decision making I ever seen. Dcuo is unique. One of a kind with dc as a hook. We have not even bit next gen gaming content so we are nowhere near our peak. Some how we are a wounded animal bleeding out. I just shake my head in disbelief.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Every time someone tells me "just buy what you need off the broker, you don't need stabilizers." I just ask them to lend me $100 mil since money is apparently so easy for them to come by.
    • Like x 7
  18. Swamarian Committed Player

I don't think that's ever been the case, but the new capsules were released less than a week ago. I'd expect the new items to be expensive now.

As for a sad day in DCUO, today I topped the damage chart against the anti-monitor as a Sorcery healer. Without weapon mods. (I also topped healing, but with only one other healer, that's not that unusual.)
  19. Kzinti Committed Player

I did same thing, but in troller role, go Qwa-Bombs!
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Gonna agree with ya here. Interestingly enough i was having a convo about just that early this morning. How we have 2,3 people in our league that always seem to be super lucky. For example 2 of them got the flaming phoenix feather early on. 1 got it from a capsule they opened and the other person bought it off some guy in trade chat the 1st few days it went live and paid 24 million for it, which is insanely low compared to the 90-100 mil plus it was going for. These same people seem to always get all the OP items. They get multiple OP items. When they farm for say collections in open world they get multiple rare ones to pop up in a short period of farming time. The luck seems to be always on their side. And ive know these 2 people for years and its been that way.

I like em both of em, they are league mates and i enjoy speaking and playing the game with them. But some days it is super annoying hearing how lucky they are. Its not a personal thing towards them at all. But it makes 1 wonder how certain people can be super lucky literally all the time and others have the absolute worst luck all the time. My own personal opinion is it isnt random. I never believed it was. And ofc someone on here will say yes it is random and random is random blah blah blah. Well then lets start seeing some odds on this stuff. Lets see the drop rates for gear, the TCs, and the BBs ;) I mean the %s and how often certain items have a chance to drop.

And as usual i see the cash cap being brought up again which i find to be ridiculous. The game had an economy for the last 5.9 years that wasnt great but money could be made and people could obtain items and didnt need 100s of million of dollars. Only since TCs went live do players need that kind of money. And the bit/byte market has been devalued so much that its silly. Ya need LARGE amounts of money to get the rare TC items off the broker but the only way to make a large enough amount of money in such a short time period is to have those rare items. And if u have them already u dont need to sell em to make money. See how that works? ;) But sure lets blame the cash cap :rolleyes: Smh.
    • Like x 3