Items that cannot be deleted

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VoidTorcher, Feb 14, 2019.

1. VoidTorcher New Player

Utility Belt boxes can't be traded, deleted, or opened without it unlocked, so it just gets stuck in inventory forever. Same goes for some random Goons of Gotham mod box I got from Earth 3 content. Sometimes it is not possible to choose something else (e.g. both drops are Utility Belt boxes) and I think I got the mod box from a treasure chest which doesn't offer a choice either.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This is why I use my character's in-game bank to store gear that I'm planning on using for later.

Either that, or if you need room.... Just open the box, salvage it, and get some augment XP while your at it.
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

Is the utility belt still tied to buying one of the episodes? Is that the problem? Can’t you just open it?
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You can also purchase "utility belt" ability from the marketplace without buying episodes.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Do you remember which utility belt box you got?
  6. VoidTorcher New Player

Never mind about the Utility Belt box, actually, I checked a recent Utility Belt box drop I got from Atlantis and unlike other gear boxes it CAN be deleted. Must be a relatively recent development I missed.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay. We don't believe any of these are left in this state where you cannot get rid of it. If you come across one like this still, please post the exact item name for us.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Can you change those old starro omnipotence plans that were around in the first year i bought an extra one of those by accident once on an alt, it's just been sitting in my bank forever.
  9. VoidTorcher New Player

Okay, I got this "Goons of Gotham Generator Mod Box" from Earth 3 content, which requires Riddled With Crime to open, and it cannot be traded, deleted, or sold.
  10. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

@Mepps There is another item that needs looking at with this issue... In the age of Bottled City Soders and Compound Omegas, Ultimate Soders are just filling up bank space, I know you can equip and use them to get rid of them, but with cooldowns and over 500 of them, this is a rediculous time consumer... and chance of making them deletable?
    • Like x 1
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

12. Schimaera Devoted Player

[IMG]

To be more specific: This is the Skip-to-210-Utility Belt
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But can you open it and salvage it?
    • Like x 1
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

This isn't my main account and this one does not own the Utility Belt Feature (red text in the info box). It can't be opened and it can't be deleted. No problems for owners of the feature or subscribers - they can easily open and salvage them.
  15. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

There are things that - last I checked - can't be either used or deleted still. Ones that come to mind include weapon styles ('Voltaic', 'Digital', etc.) accidentally claimed from the marketplace, for a weapon type the character does not have enabled in their skill points. Eg. a 'Voltaic' Staff style, if their weapon points are in Dual Wield.

This accidental claiming of those for the wrong weapon is very easy to do because they're inconsistently (and sometimes confusingly) named. As normal, if you don't have the weapon enabled, you can't consume the style for it. However, in addition to this they also can't be deleted as they were claimed from the marketpace. Which means they just hang around in the inventory for ever. I try to put them in a corner of the inventory where they won't get in the way, or put them in the bank out of the way (but still taking up a slot).

Would be great if this could be fixed, bugged me for a long time now.

Also, for the same reaons, how about restricting the weapon styles you can see/claim in the marketplace to only the ones you can actually use?

(I'm guessing you could consume the styles if you put a skill point into the weapon concerned when one came available, but that then has other annoying implications like when you open a weapon box. You'd get a choice of the weapon type you put a skill point in only to be able to consume the thing you couldn't delete.)
    • Like x 1
  16. Kzinti Committed Player

I have this same issue on 2 of my free accounts
  17. gkVector New Player

A year and a half later and marketplace weapon styles are STILL a problem.

Come on DI, this shouldn't be that hard to fix.
  18. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Why when I make a new character my first initial weapon never can be sold/salvaged/or deleted. Irks me to no end.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Put 1 SP in each weapon , collect the styles and than switch back.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was going to suggest that, but yeah, it's kind of silly you can't delete them too. Can't be that hard to program I'd think.