Items inside the Promethium Lockboxes will be TRADEABLE with the next Game Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aceCase, May 10, 2013.

1. Pinky Well-Known Player

I just had an orgasm on hearing that.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Oh goody, only missing shoulders from Cybernetic set.
  3. Wizz Tron New Player

i got lucky the other day
    After months f not touching the vault I went it and got a piece that completed style feat
  4. Green Lantern New Player

Awesome! I hate deleting stuff I don't need when I know it would make someone else's day to give it to them.
  5. Wizz Tron New Player

Yeah finally I can trade all the crap I get on one to to another
  6. Master Manipulator New Player

Apparently someone hasn't played any T5 stuff yet... With the latest DLC Tanks are needed more than ever

...and for those who want to oogle the cybernetic chest... I'm wearing it in my signature below
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Don't forget the vault tickets to get the right ring affinity! :)

I for one think this is amazing! I didn't get to watch this live, but I watched it now. This update is like the biggest gift the devs are giving to the players. Especially the ones that SCREAMS at their computer when yet they get the fourth cybernetic feet. I could say in "/trade wtt cybernetic feet for noble warrior head" and get what I want.

I am just curious how the Rings and Necks will be when you go into the vault. I hope the vault knows your current CR. I don't want to get a stupid 70 neck. :/

Also, I want to know if the better rings from DLC7 will be mod-able?! :/
  8. Master Manipulator New Player

Hey did they give any timeframe as to when that next update will be?
  9. Bishop New Player

I will reserve judgement until I see U26 but I don't understand this. It's another move that just encourages me to be premium really, colas and styles I completely understand but necks and rings? I understand why people are excited for this change but honestly that's one more reason not to be Legendary, there really is a distinctive lack of attractiveness to subscribing.

Bishop
  10. Master Manipulator New Player

What???

This game super lame to play if your not legendary... I've been legendary since it came out... and I couldn't imagine playing with the limitations freemium or premium provide...
  11. Hendrix Well-Known Player

no. they are boneheads. they take a privilege for legendary and put it in the vault?! what? wake up.

cutscenes still cancel power over time
    power regen is still not tiered unless you swap your weapon
    the inventory is still not sortable and there are no loadout saves
    and there are no respec saves

and the pvp mechanics are unwanted and f'd and should be scaled back
    way back
    stop kissing them and wake up
  12. Bishop New Player

That may be true but really, paying the sub just to be free of limitations is not a benefit - it's just a convenience. These conveniences are typical for almost every subscription model, DCUO needs more legendary perks. I've been premium plenty of times and there is nothing you cannot circumvent. Perhaps the model is shifting to cash shop focused, only have to look around the industry to see this, but I still think subs should be viable options.

Bishop
  13. Rukai New Player

Legendary might get something else in the boxes instead, who knows. They wouldn't lower something for paying players without giving a little back. Maybe they drop the drop rate of those damn sodas xD
  14. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I'm really, really interested to see what they put in the boxes instead of this stuff. I imagine it would have to be pretty good to act as a replacement for these bits of jewelry without, as others have pointed out, lowering the value of a subscription. After the release of Origin Crisis, I have a fair bit of faith in the dev team at this point so definitely willing to wait and see what they do.
    • Like x 1
  15. IQTester New Player

i just wish the trinkets from the vault were account bound thats all.
  16. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

And how are supposed to get all these new things being added to vault? Along with all the older stuff?

I wish the devs would explain how the drop rate works in there because the more things you add the lower the chance of something you specifically are looking for will drop unless it works differently. If it doesn't then that's really disappointing.

Would make the vault more interesting if we could buy vault trip tickets with marks. And if a treasure chest would randomly appear.
    • Like x 1
  17. Itazuki New Player

As a Legendary then Premium player... I can't understand how anyone would drop subscription just because of this. Playing Premium is ridiculous compared to Legendary... You won't know how much you miss it until it's gone.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This is largely a good idea, but the huge problem is going to be the added clog in the vault loot table. You think it's hard to get a Checkmate style now? Wait until you've a whole bunch of rings and necks in the mix. And forget seeing something like Kryptonite chunk (which I've never seen once in over two years of playing).

Also, this announcement didn't say current rings and necks would be tradeable; it says those rings and necks are going to vault. Vault items are not tradeable. From what I'm seeing here, the tradeable items will be whatever new stuff they're putting in the prom boxes; the old stuff you're still stuck with.
    • Like x 1
  19. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

cutscenes still cancel power over time - small issue, throw another pot
    power regen is still not tiered unless you swap your weapon - small issue again...
    the inventory is still not sortable and there are no loadout saves - still small issue, but load out saves coming in halls of power
    and there are no respec saves - not an issue at all!!

Wake up and realize its just a game... Enjoy it... It gets fixed little by little... Relax.. I'm happy we can start trading these items... I'm soooo unlucky wit the styles and auras... However rings and necks? I get them all the time!!!
    • Like x 1
  20. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Also make vault styles tradeable!