Issues that I think are more important than accessories

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dogwelder, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Dogwelder New Player

- my game lags in the watchtower, all I can see so far from adding accessories is that it's been made worse due to additional particle effects
    - the launcher is buggy and doesn't work sometimes for no reason and it's been like this for as long as I remember playing this game on PC
    - server restarts take place during the afternoon for EU citizens, there is no stagger at all and it means we basically can't play on that day if we work during the day if it's a long restart
    - the game is pay to win on top of a subscription based model
    - certain powers are generally slower DPS and not as fun to play

love this game and want it to do well but I just got off the livestream and it's like they were deliberately avoiding these sorts of questions in chat and just shoving paid cosmetics down our throats. It's not like they'd miss it, lots of people were crying out.

Hope some of these issues get addressed in a future update.

I'm a new player and I'm willing to pay you the subscription fee as it's a perfectly fine amount of money and I don't mind additional store cosmetics to make a bit more cash, but they should not be what you focus on, please make your game better.
    • Like x 2
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

- I live in germany. Restarts take place from 5am to 6am here; Resets at 1am. Come summertime, it's +1h. Not sure where you live in the EU where the time difference to somewhat the middle is around 9h to make it happen in the afternoon o_O

- We can debate pay to win as much as we want. I'm not getting into it. I never felt like pay to win. My alts can keep up with everyone and the crappy feats on TC are hardly a drop in the bucked, considering how many feats you can get somewhere else.

- Do you mean lower? If so, yes, that's what diversity is. Most powers are pretty balanced and the whole bunch of them is closer than ever. If you have more than one power, one will always be 1st and one will be last. If all are equal you just have one power with a few more color variations on it and then call it "diversity". It's not what this is about. I haven't seen a single (good) MMO where everything was equal. Some things are just ment to be more equal than others :p
    If you mean "slower", I'm not sure what you mean.

- The rest, yeah server performance is probably something that can't be done as fast and by the same people. Never seen a design artist work on server performance yet but maybe you can shed some light on it? :)

All in all, these are the same arguments that rise up everytime there's something new in every MMO. I just need do go to the bigger ones and look what kind of threads are created when something new is implemented.

In the end I agree that there isn't much transparency when it comes to performance and stuff. On the other had it wouldn't change anything when the answer isn't the one that people who were complaining did expect.
    I work in a company and speak to my employees regularly. Yet not every topic is just a platform to raise complaints about the same old stuff. Some things just are. I'm not saying that regarding this game there shouldn't be improvements. I'm saying that I understand why they were not responding to them on a live stream about TC Resurgeance. It would just be an endless discussion without anyone being satisfied.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dogwelder New Player

in response to Schimera

when I say slower I mean the DPS just generally feels like you're dishing out the same amount of damage, but slower. I play mental and find that the most damaging abilities just generally feel boring to play with, and playing on another character with rage I feel like I die less and do the same amount of damage faster (both are level 30)

I'm in Spain right now, the server was down at 5pm today. it's back now at roughly 7pm but it's not been down for very long from my perspective, some updates are worse than others.

I'm not getting into a pay to win debate, I know it seems to be a touchy issue on these forums but I am of the opinion that it's pay to win as a new player looking in to endgame content for the first time.

maybe questions about server performance aren't a design artists job, but it's been like this since I started making toons back in 2011 whenever the game went free to play I would have thought there would be some progress but all I seem to be seeing (as well as the regular updates and additional content, no complaints there whatsoever compared to other MMOs in fact I recommend this game to my friends for this very reason) is a real push on capsules (which are loot boxes in disguise) and paid cosmetics.
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

oh
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

• Like x 5
  6. Dogwelder New Player

"lag" here has also been interpreted to mean latency, it's not just latency it's also FPS
  7. Dogwelder New Player

Does that mean the majority of us in CET working daytime hours just have to deal with it then? Why is it so hard to stagger a release? I don't mind playing the next day if it's a huge update
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah but that's just for game updates. No worries it's 2:30 pm for me. Thankfully I'm usually at work around that time and I just make a few hours more on Game Update Day and go a little bit earlier on fridays then ^^

I hear you regarding that issue. It's been that way since I think we went back from Pro7Sat1 to SOE and now DBG. I'm not that much into development and maintenance on a game but I can understand if it makes things easier for the working hours of the devs when they take down the servers during their morning hours.
    • Like x 1
  9. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

For have a specific shutdown time they must to buy more servers placed in different sites of EU, they will not do that, and EU server is dead, they dont care about EU, period.

You cant spect all powers will equal, someones works better as dps some others for rolls, mental is SLOW just play as troll, buy a token for change your power or just make other toon.

The latency (lag) issue is caused by the distance between the server location, your ISP location and your location, probbly the best way to fix this is hiring more bandwidth to your ISP.

Im not sure if the game is pay to win, I mean I have playing DCUO like 7 years and I saw a LOT of ppl who payd and they couldnt finish an elite raid, so they arent wining nothing, just loseing money. If you say that is easyer to legendarys to get SP by buying collection in the broker or cheaper stuffs in the market, I agree with you but for be honest that is all they have beeing legendary, control of game economy and cheaper stuffs, is not a big deal. Probably they should to show some love to premiums, they spend money too.

Now in the last poit... I'm ashamed to give you the reason, they prefer make more useless items than really focus in solve problems or make a better gameplay. Every 3 months they drop new auras, materials, TC's, lair items, now this kind of 2nd aura thing... seems like they dont have any good ideas... just want fast money cos ofcourse the noobs will buy that things, and legendarys will spend their gift coins in that but all those things do not help the gameplay... I can give them at least 10 really good ideas to improve the game, but im sure i will be ignored... so at this point just resign, they dont care about it.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It took me a year to get from brand new to being endgamer and another few months to get to "elite maxed out everything" endgamer level. Not counting frivolous expenditures that didn't really improve my characters ability, I've only paid the membership fee and a few sparse $5 expenses here and there for seals of preservation and completion. So it's not really pay to win if you're willing to put in the time that the game is INTENDED to require to advance to endgame levels.

If you're looking to warp from new player straight to endgame level and skip the hours, weeks, months, years of gameplay that others have played to get here, well, that costs money like it does everywhere else in life.
    • Like x 5
  11. mynch457 Well-Known Player

I would love to see some other issues fixed as well. The lag has always been bad, and I would really like to have the powers balanced. The new accessories aren't my thing...I was hoping for something more along the lines of power set based again. I saw on here that someone mentioned power set suits, and I thought that would be a really cool idea. Oh well, maybe next time! For those that like the new accessories, enjoy them! Bring on the new DLC!
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

the game change directions so much doesn't feel like DCUO anymore. Like it's somebody wearing dcuo's skin ya know?

The best way I can describe it like watching RWBY before Monty died and then after he died. The experience is different and you can feel it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

yes that's exactly what that means.
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The accessories as a whole are very underwhelming. There's maybe one or two that are maybe ok, but most seem to be super cheesy looking imo. Also, I think I like the old pop up message boxes more. This whole update seems like a waste of development time and resources imo. I would have liked to see power set orbitals or power set backups/sidekicks.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Anyone being controlled by SCEE instead of SCEA is regionally locked on to the EU servers when they play on PS.

Even though latency and internet is better to the US sony lump Australia and New Zealand into SCEE (sony computer entertainment europe) meaning they're lumped on EU which is ridiculous

I know this doesn't apply necessarily to the op, but there are numerous players stuck on EU in timezones like GMT+12 where the shutdown is in the middle of the day ;)

It is for this reason i play PC too, i refused to deal with that sort of Sony driven BS.
    • Like x 1
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Don't let people discourage you. If i had to start all over and play this. I would have a lot of obvious questions.

A lot of players have gotten bitter over the past years and left.

People with 430 sp plus leaving everything in the drop of a hat.
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It seems to me a lot of people assume the entire DCUO dev team is educated, skilled, talented and experienced in all aspects of game design. I won't pretend to actually know the makeup of the team, their duties and qualifications, but odds are there are different teams that focus on specific parts of the game and that the people who comprise those teams were probably hired and assigned to those teams because those specific tasks and responsibilities are what they are skilled, talented and/or experienced at doing.

Assuming that's the case, to satisfy all these "I wish they would fix bugs instead of design new styles" type comments, oDaybreak has several options:

1. The DCUO team would have to hire more software engineers/coders/whatever they're called whose talents and skills are in those areas. Given the unfortunate recent layoffs, this is probably not an option

2. The current team(s) that work on those aspects of the game will need to start putting in 10-20 extra hours a week. If they're hourly, they'll have to switch to salary as, again, recent layoffs show that Daybreak is closely watching their overhead to stay profitable and paying hourly employees OT is very expensive. Now, this will obviously take those employees away from their home/family/friends life, but one can't be expected to care about the needs and happiness of other human beings when they're dealing with such life atrocities as video game bugs.

3. Daybreak tells their artwork and design team that they will no longer be doing the the thing that they are passionate about, spent most of their lives learning and doing, and was in the job description when they applied and were hired and that they need to get trained, certified and experienced in software debugging, architecture and other things like that. The design team employees will have to fast track this training as the high demands of the DCUO community will simply not stand for having to wait the years it normally takes to learn that stuff. But this is a good thing as it will distract these "visual creative artsy" types from any negative thoughts about transitioning to a job function that that has nothing to do with artwork and visuals. Additionally, as mentioned above, it's petty safe to assume that in order to maintain profitability, paying for additional education and training isn't in the budget. So those employees will have to come out of pocket for this training.

4. The quickest, easiest and cheapest option is to simply layoff the artwork & design team and replace them with people skilled in those other areas. It's fits in the budget and shouldn't take more than a month or two. I'm pretty sure "starving artist" is a commonly used term so the artwork and design team should feel right at home being unemployed and without income to buy food, pay bills, etc.

In conclusion, as I've just outlined about, Daybreak clearly has multiple options on how to satisfy this demand. So the only possible explanation for it not having been done already is that they're a bunch of lazy, money hungry, customer ignoring a-holes, right?
    • Like x 6
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Hey, Don't get all common sense here. Peoples heads might explode. :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Devs who worked on Accessories are not the same ones who work on the issues you stated above.
    • Like x 2
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have a few questions for you.

How do you expect DCUO to pay for everything within the game that needs to be adjusted?

Are they going to go out to the handy dandy money tree and pull off as much as they need to fix these things?

Are you going to dig deep into your pockets and pay for the extra people needed to get things exactly how you would like them to be?

Do you understand that the arts department is a totally different area than systems?

Last but not least.......

I've been playing since 2011 and have not won anything yet.

Can you please explain to me what is it you are winning?
    Can you tell me where to go to win these things?
    • Like x 2