Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

As much as I did exactly that with my main toon for feats that annoyed the hell out if me, I don’t know how many skill points are given, but it probably isn’t a bad amount. Feats are easy to get in this game and have been easy for years. The hardest feats require RNG such as Styles and Collections but you could also play the broker. You don’t even need a ton of cash like 100 nil to earn feats. You can go as little as 1 mil and if you play things smart, you could get probably 5+ sp just off 1 mil. You have a ton of options in regards to getting SP, the only problem is y’all don’t wanna put in the little time to get it. I’m all for DC handing out obsolete feats, but if that feat is achievable, then do it.
    • Like x 2
  2. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

SP does not make you a better player. It just makes your character stronger. Sure, you can say some feats require a major effort of teamwork or skill, but lets be homest.

How does
    Conpleting RNG collections
    Completing RNG styles
    Doing absurd tasks
    Getting accidental feats
    Make anyone a better player?

I’ve played this game for years, have collected tons of feats but have never thought I was better because I collected feats that came towards “skill points”

I got better at the game because I played it a lot, learned the mechanics to every single level on this game, learned powers, took advice from vets, and had patience to finish out certain levels.

Not because of a stat.
    • Like x 3
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

The thing is we are not being honest.

Most of these topics stem from the fact that people are having sometype of problem with the SP system from a low SP perspective with running with others with more SP.

It's not that SP will make a person better, it is the fact that it requires sometype of interaction to acquire said fear to earn the SP.

From the other view point the players want sometype of check or something that will challenge their skill level appropriately and not just cheese it all because they have 60000SP.

There is a difference as to these discussions and the disagreement is not usually based on the SP earned but whether all content should have a mandate that if you can queue into it, then completion is guaranteed, which it never was.

My response ultimately is put the work in, if you want it then you own your decisions.

Just because I choose my path, it does not give me a right to force you to do something, but I always hear that I have to let you run with me although you are showing me that you are just interested in your self and not what you bring to the table.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly this.. Certain players are not better because they have higher SP but because they have played A LOT to earn those SP & therefore (generally, not every single time) are going to do better than others.. The actual SP helps but the skill acquired reaching the pinnacle of SP numbers is the hidden factor
    • Like x 2
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Let's go to the facts?

1) At least, 150 skill points are from Time Capsules;
    2) DCUO is, in your essence, a group game;
    3) Villain side has low population;
    4) LPvP is bugged;
    5) LPVE is dead;

So, it's more difficult to earn skill points than 1 year before. My suggestions to solve this are...

1) Ampliate Cross-Faction;
    2) More skill points given by tokens;
    3) Create a Skill Point token;
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

DCUOBlogguide works just fine on my pc and phone. There was never a need to connect to it directly with the PS3/4.
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Problem is the SP from LPVE is not actually needed because it will not give you that many SP when you first start.

See most complain about feats that equal out to what 2-3 SP, i.e. reapers, gathering, things that were never meant to be completed on 1 week or a month but over time.

The sad part is the LPVE is lasting longer than the rarest of styles yet the reward is what 10 point feats.

Ok, I could understand if one was short of being maxed SP and looks at that content, but, most complaining still need the booster gold mission or still need to race in metropolis or Gotham.

The problem is not how many feats are in that mode or any other mode, it is purely a I don't care about the game, I'm more into a I only have a short amount of time to play and if I can't get a good drop at least I got marks mentality.

Make some friends.
    • Like x 1
  8. Captain Domino Committed Player

I just think an alternative to gain SP is needed. Keep the SP gained from feats but, also make it so players can gradually gain SP by just playing. At this point it takes too long to form a group (at least for villains) and Queing can take even longer.

My idea is pretty simple. You have a meter that gets filled by completing content, say you need 1000 points to gain a single SP. Solos could give you 25 points, Duos 50, Alerts 75 and raids 100. This would also make it so older content can become relevant even to high CR players.
    • Like x 2
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

I like it, but what happens when I have everything maxed out?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like the episode specific augments to be honest.
    • Like x 3
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Most do get feats from just playing.

A majority of the people playing need feats in any content they step into.

The low queues are do to them only wanting to or following endgame players into the latest content.

The majority of the population does not read anything they just want to play.
    • Like x 1
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

I *am* on the EU server, and spent the majority of time up to CR 200 PUGging, so I'm also used to explaining to people calmly and rationally how to do mechanics, and some fairly straightforward ways to improve survivability.

If you're having trouble with content, BPM, send me a PM on here, and we'll see if I can't help you out :).
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

To be fair, as far as the core game and concepts goes, there isn't anything to read - no Game Manual at least :(. For instance I sold endless amounts of Monstrous Essence from salvaging to the vendor, because it looked identical to the trash salvage you got, and I hadn't had any indication in-game that it was important :(. Just having it *look* different (gold?) would have alerted me to the fact that it was something unusual, and I would have investigated.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ll bear that in mind when Justice League Dark comes out. I usually understand stuff pretty quickly, I just make mistakes, especially when other people are turning up the pressure by being apparently completely blind.

I have sp in health and Hard Light Shield but well, here’s the thing. Every single little aspect of Atlantis seems custom made to completely undermine my playstyle. The solo with its instance wide dps check and boss that’s immune to stuns and juggles. The alert and raids have lots of damage that scales with your max health, and ignores blocking and bypasses shields.

I have been taking regular days off since this episode hit because it’s just been absolutely infuriating to have my toons’ unique characteristics actively turned against them. Characteristics that they have precisely because I know I have shortcomings and try to compensate for them. I actually feel personally slighted by the mechanics in this episode.
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

I routinely tweak my loadout for solos, duos - and for Alerts when a new DLC hits, because PUGging those is about personal survivability rather than a fast run. Rather than further derail the thread, can you give me a shout in PM? In particular, what is your Powerset, and Focus?

Edit: Also, I am on right now - can you PM me your toon's name?
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm not having issues. I was just comparing the DOS event from when it was first released to now. It's night & day. I actually think there might be a bug if you're in tank role. The defense buff seems to be screwed up.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Or you could just do the feats instead of spending time coming up with ways to avoid doing it but still get them.

That's the epic combination of lack of skill and laziness, you just want to farm out easy stuff and get what others get through effort.

Sorry bad idea. Lol but no, no by all means let me spam the gorilla grodd duo over and over for unlimited sp lol
    • Like x 2
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

me personally id rather put in effort to get my character more feats and sp.

that being said yeah I do feel a few things are rather pointless like the races.... wtf does that garbage have to do with a damn thing?
    given pvps current state(and the fact im sick to hell of pvp being shoved down the throats of those who cant stand it just to progress our pve characters) yeah just go ahead leave pvp open for those who have a hard on for it.
    Legends anything is such utter trash and truly has no real purpose in the game.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

No real purpose? Like PVE is some award winning gameplay?

Are you sure you aren't just utter trash?
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

No no - I was talking to BPM, but quoting you both in my post? Just quoting you would have seemed like I was talking to you (AHEM), and just quoting BPM would have not included the context?
    • Like x 1