Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If I remember right. You have some dexterity ( a disability ) issues right. Or,.....I could be thinking of someone else.

Either way, I thought you had a legitimate reason for most of your problems.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wavedox and Live were owned and operated by retired players. They couldn't keep up with the domain costs and let the sites lapse last year. There's still DCUOBloguide.
    • Like x 1
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Funny, never seen a grown person crying about a video game before, I guess crying about having to actually do some grind or crying because "can't get into a group because of low SP or crying and whining about how they struggle to catch up constitutes being an adult while actually crying about putting in work to just basically get nerfed is childish.

Seems to me if players would just play the game they will find getting feats done and collecting them SP, will make you a better player, if people want to just play arcades then why worry about getting into elite groups, would be better to run with like minded people.

Having the right to run something isn't the same as having a guarantee to get something, it just means you can take a shot at it.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know that but the PS seem not to be able to link to that like they did the others.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I forgot to say. Too bad you are on the EU server. I would have you run instances with me if you were having problems. I always try to make sure people make it through an instance. I'm one of the guys that always sits in the back helping when people go down or are having issues.
    • Like x 1
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Sell me some specified SP packs like a Legends PvP feat pack with all legends PvP feats unlocked for 20 Euro/Dollar then they can close their "time-intensive two years and still ongoing" investigation about adressing the Legends PvP feats.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah I usually do okay once all the glitches making stuff harder than it’s really meant to be get fixed. There was a lot of that in the last two episodes because they got less time on test server than the bloody seasonals, and it showed. I see the test server is down indefinitely starting today, hopefully they’re actually going to get Justice League Dark ready with adequate testing time before putting it out.
    • Like x 2
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

TBH, the skip tokens were not really meant for brand new players. They were meant more for people who want to bring an alt up to end game levels without having to go through the mentor missions and a bunch of DLCs along the way just to get high enough because you can replay a lot of the feats to bring your SP up to more appropriate levels.

The only "redesign" I would add to it is that it will take you up to the CR of your highest character or 210... whichever is lower.
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This is true for most stuff... and even Mepps & Co said it along the way as they were doing the stats revamp... that if you have CR and SP about the same you should be able to succeed in standard content without extreme difficulties, but that if you wanted to do elite level stuff you would want more.

In this world of 5x1 Raid teams if your tank, healer, and controller don't have elite level SP for regular raids, you will have issues. I'm not speaking about the small minority of players who could practically wrap up an elite raid on their own even with SP < CR here... but if you go in with the 3-2-2-1 configuration you'll be mostly OK... but a 4x2 configuration will probably work best. When the non-DPS players have lower stats, they will have a difficult-at-best time trying solo <role> any at-level raid because they simply do not have the stats to do it. They'll be lucky to have all of the crits maxed out, let alone get their primary stat to 100 SP for that 10% bonus. Oh, did you need power too? Umm... yeah. Not happening.
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I can hear the howls now. xD
  12. myandria Item Storage

Umm..

Hmm..

No.

Removing the skill point system will not solve anything without a good substitute for allocating stats; just because FF14 and many other games use gear for stats doesn't mean it will work for DCUO. In my opinion it would send the gameplay backwards, like a bank telling its customers that they have to go back to using checks because cards will no longer be provided or accepted.

I returned to this game almost 3 years ago and my main is just breaking 200 sp. Yes, it is difficult to get into older content but not impossible. And, you do not have to play with people who ask for your SP; I do not waste my time with that. I am STILL playing catch up but it's all good; what's important is that I like to spend time playing this game with what little time I have to play it; real life always snatches up most of my time.

Who told you that lie that in order for the game to grow, players have to have high skill points?o_O

It seems to me that you need to give this game some time in order to get used to it again. When I came back monthly content was still being launched; I could not keep up with it. Once I decided to just relearn the game and play at my own pace I became comfortable with it again.

If relearning the game is overwhelming and time consuming to the point of not being fun, then perhaps you should rethink about returning to this game.
    • Like x 2
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think this whole discussion falls into the "own your choices" category for me.

The "advance your CR" tokens aren't "skip the content" tokens. The base game feats seem to be the exception to the rule (and there's ALWAYS an exception to the rule LOL), but nowhere does it say that those tokens mean you don't have to run the content that is now out of the relevancy window of your character to get those feats. If a player uses the token and then chooses not to run the content they moved past, they really don't have anyone else to blame but themselves for not having the feats and SP associated with that content.

As for Mark bottlenecks, well you're talking to someone who got a LOT of style feats via the Rare Style vendor while sticking mainly to solo content and the occasional duo, so I know full well how rough it can be. But I also know it can be done. I've also never been in a rush to get to end-game, so taking the longer path has never been an issue for me (I've always been weird like that :D ).

The "defective product" line of thought might have some more merit with me if they had said you would get a fully-realized character for that CR when buying and using the token. But they didn't. You get a token that advances your character to the CR specified, plus a few little bonuses to help out once the token takes effect. That's it.

Now, could it be called incomplete? Maybe, but that's where the issue of membership comes in for me. With them only handing out feats from the base game (and not even ALL of the possible feats from the base game) with the CR advance token, it means they've put limits on what they're going to hand out. Why they did this is open to speculation: maybe they want players to pay (via sub or purchase) for access to the feats, maybe there's some kind of issue that would arise in the database if the system tried to hand out feats for an episode someone has never paid for, and so on. But whatever the reason, it means that the level of completeness a character has ends up being dependent on the player.

A player has every right to get and use a CR advancement token for a character. But they have to own everything that comes with that choice, good and bad.
    • Like x 3
  14. Alphabolt New Player

Well im at 300 sp and i keep getting told get 350-360 and you’ll be fine, its just how the game is you cant change peoples attitudes anymore, but feel sorry for the new players.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I only feel sorry for them in the sense that end game elite can be jerks, of course however it is warranted sometimes because that being said though new players need to stop trying to start the wrong end.

It is an unreasonable expectation to walk into end game elite without progressing your character.

Too many people use boosters or power level their characters and then expect theyre entitled to just start screaming for COTE and THRONE in fact almost any elite and they end up going in there and crapping the bed.

That's because they're not taking the time to actually level up properly and think they can just skip everything and start playing with the big boys and girls.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to play with the big boys and girls either, but you have to have realistic expectations and work properly towards your goal of getting there.

This is what end game players want to see of new players, initiative and motivation and a desire to learn.

Unfortunately too often its carry me and you will run elite with me immediately after invite.

That is why most leagues and groups of players simply don't want to deal with them because too many are like this.

If a player came to me though and said hey can i join you i don't expect anything initially i just want some experienced people to learn from our get help from when available I'd be far more inclined to help even if low on sp.

However, when you get someone saying im cr254 i only have 100sp but im a god and don't need sp lets run COTE I'm more inclined to just tell them to get lost.
    • Like x 2
  16. myandria Item Storage

True; you can't change player's attitudes but you don't have to agree or accept them, either.

Agree 100%.

In my opinion, it doesn't help that new content is available to all for 4 months or more; it has created the "I'm entitled to everything end-game" attitude. The devs have made it very easy for new players to get to end game content fast; however, it is not promoting healthy communication, teamwork and expectations.

The devs should really go back to having new content available for only a month or two; honestly, that is more than enough time to experience the new content and still have to properly level up through the rest of the game when that limited time is up.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

They cost about $50. For $50 you should get a playable character at whatever level you skip to, and not have to spend an extra $10 to $20 in replay badges to get your character playable.
    • Like x 2
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

And here it is.

This is why having elite and normal content does not work in general.

Just because you can queue in does not guarantee success, so it is safe to say there will be failed runs.

This was the thing that had been debated and debated for the longest and is the underlying problem with the community, the need to have everything require below average, super low skilled, elite content that is not really elite.

I will never get why so many get so upset because they can't join groups of try hards, when they obviously don't want to try hard.

Better to run with other like minded people, but, if you want that drop, it must be some truth that you need a certain amount of SP to actually get that drop.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh, I agree to an extent. However, if you look at some of the feats you are granted as part of it there are several long grind feats (gather up to and including the 20,000 level, for example) that most newer players would never be able to get unless all they did was farm stuff. Perhaps granting you some number of replay badges so you can purchase feats instead? Or maybe in addition to?
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I’m going to be real.

I don’t know what happened in the past few months because I stopped playing in the Summertime of last year, due to time, and the fact that less people have been playing. I log on I believe yesterday for the first time in lord knows how long, and I go to the popular social areas (Watchtower, Bohemia and a few others to find what once been dead when I needed a break from gameplay to just talk to randoms for a while. To be more active than I’ve seen since pre revamp.

It won’t make me become a more active player though, because of reasons such as PVP, time and other games. But its nice to know DC is doing something right whether know about it or not.
    • Like x 2