Issue with CR over Stats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dead Reckon, May 6, 2015.

1. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

With this update we are more dependent on CR then stats to reduce incoming damage and do more damage. This means that unless we are lucky enough to get the high CR drops we will be left behind by those players who are lucky enough to get the higher CR drops. What do I see this for support rolls, is unless you have a high CR you will be 2nd choice over everyone else, no matter what your skill points and mods are.
    And I could be wrong, I guess we will see come the next DLC.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I dont really see this as a problem moving forward, here is why the CR difference between being full vendor(99 item lvl) and full raid drop(100 item lvl) is is only 1 CR. So I dont really see the issue. Now if you are referring to someone 5-8 cr lower but still in the same tier that bias already exists in the community and will probably never change.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

No people are already picking CR114/115 over people who are CR113 regardless SP' or actual skills.

its always been this way people rely to much on CR and developers made it even worse IMO with this GU by needing to have a higher CR to prevent lesser dmg intake and deal more dmg out in all content that isn't your current content.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

But didn't the Dev's state if you CR is over the boss you will take less damage or do more damage? And if it is under just the opposite? So with out the drops your CR will not increase. Which will make a difference. Just like trying to get to 115 CR is a pain with the current system. And 115 CR with the new system would effect how much more effective you would be in the current raids.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Please review my post on comparing a 100 item level back to a 98 level item back. The difference in stats is minimal.

If you have a full set of VENDOR gear you will be perfectly fine in the content as it should be. In fact, a full set of Vendor gear makes your toon very stong. I just steamed roll the AF II daily, it took me a bit over 3 minutes to complete the first part The enemies health were being taken down faster.

This update is putting an emphasis on item level gear now.

Speaking of stats...check out SP and readjust as needed. Weapon level 1 and level 2 stats got a good boost.

When will level 4 stats hit now that we got stat leveling for level 1-3 for weapon stats?
  6. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

If you have 2 strangers and the only thing that you know about them is CR its only logical to pick the highest number.

Whenever I play with friends I prefer them over strangers with high[er] CR. I think its fairer than picking over class.
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

hey dead its tinoman lol
  8. Streven Dedicated Player

Within tiers a difference of a few CR means less now than it ever did.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

False. Now CR is only important on a certain scale of 2 or 3. Anything higher than 3 you will start to notice. Now that people stats have gone up over the thousands by sp alone. SP matter along with mods.

Support roles always get shafted regardless of CR.
  10. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

11. ChuckLess New Player

^^ that is exactly how it is now :confused:
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is nothing different to how its always been
    • Like x 1
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I just don't know where this comes from.

Your stats are still important your CR is only important in relation to the NPC'S CR.

Don't mod Don't grind skill points don't improve stats play however you want your going find the experience....unpleasant