Isn't it time to update Vendors selling styles for marks ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VioletSorceress, Mar 7, 2017.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Seems like Vendor Unit 22- Loot styles
    and
    Vendor Unit 00- Old vendors styles- only, havent been updated in ages.

Ive been trying to get Nuclear-Waist for my Ice char and Nuclear-Back for my Sorc for ages (maybe whole year now) and finally decided to buy these since I got extra marks and no other reason to keep doing DWFn anymore.

Imagine my surprise when Ive checked and noticed Nuclear style set is not at Vendor22 at all.
    Vendor00 doesnt even have Vestige of Proselyte(Indigo Tribe set) which was released one "jillion" episodes ago.

""EDIT: Oddly enough, Vestige of Proselyte set is available at Vendor 22 for 70 marks per piece. Which is like 2 times more expensive than buying it from its original vendor!"" :eek:

I also cant seem to ever drop Gorgon Slayer-Feet at different 3 toons, being the last piece Ive been missing for a while. When is that set going to be at Style vendors ?

Please update those!
    • Like x 15
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

+1 for me. I've even mentioned the vesture of prostelyte being way cheaper on the original vendor than the style vendor on ask dcuo. Mepps didn't really answer me straight.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Last I knew, the devs intended Vendor 00 to have a two tier gap between the style vendor and the gear vendor. So right now the highest tier styles on Vendor 00 is T6, and those came in when they introduced T8 content. So my best guess would be to see an update to Vendor 00 when they introduce T9 content, and that would probably end up being only T7 vendor styles.

As for the Rare Style vendor? Couldn't say. With the crafting/scraps aspect they added and going to "best gear on vendor" I don't know what might be in store for later rare/tough-to-get styles and the Rare Style vendor.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I brought it up in discord a while back ago during their office hours and it sounds like the developers aren't planning to update the vendors, I even went as far as bringing up the misplaced items too.
    • Like x 1
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Nuclear back and waist can be crafted
    • Like x 3
  6. muellersascha Well-Known Player

+1 as well. Like many others I have purchased or own everything currently available in those 2 vendors and would like to see an update soon. Tired of constantly having 100 MoV and nothing to spend it on.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

Those vendors need to be looked at and updated ASAP. Drop ratings are real bad but at least before we used to have the styles at the rare vendor.
    Oh and create a weapon vendor with the unique styles like runic, Home Turf, Mist, New Genesis and so on.
    • Like x 4
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Perhaps create a new vendor... Vending Unit 11(?)... who stands between Vending Unit 00 and Vending Unit 22 and would have some of the rarer style drops from the low tier instances (Heartshard, Shaman, Kryptonian, etc) where you could buy the pieces for 20-40 marks per item while reserving the rare drops for Vending Unit 22...

The styles in Vending Unit 22 should also be adjusted... that the style should cost the same as the actual piece from the vendors where you purchase the item with that style.

Oh, and can we please get Avatar Bombardier added to the PVP Style Vendor?
  9. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

speaking about vendors they also need to add the location of every single vendor in the game and what they are selling YEP im talking about a "vendor tab" just right near the "market place tab"! PLS TY!
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Those styles you mentioned in the first paragraph are all reward drops in T2 and T3 content, so I'm not sure I could consider them all that rare. Plus it doesn't take long to run that content (or blow through it like tissue paper) once you get a couple tiers higher than that, so it's not like it's a huge hassle to go back to that content to try and get the pieces. A better suggestion might be styles like the Paneled or Daggerpoint Bodysuit styles that drop in the Battle for Earth duos. Those would be closer to rare styles than something like Shaman or Heartshard.

As for the Rare Style vendor, to the best of my knowledge the only style that appears there that also appears on a regular gear vendor is Vesture of Proselyte. However, I'm behind on the CR curve so I can't say if any other vendor styles beyond that show up LOL Even so, all the rest of the styles there are rare drops so there'd be no way to normalize the prices on those pieces to vendors and still keep them rare.

And just as a little perspective for everyone, Vendor 00 came into the game around May of 2015 (GU 47) and got updated about a year later (GU 60 and the launch of Episode 24), and we haven't reached the one year mark since Vendor 00 got it's last update. So while I can understand folks wanting to see them updated, it's not like they've been neglected for ages. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The problem with those T2 and T3 Styles is that the items drop pre-attuned. If you want to get an item attuned for a tank... like the shaman waist.... which only drops for a tank from the weekly alert award boxes in T3.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That to me is more of a chase item rather than a rare style.

For example, with the Heartshard Healer set that you can get from the T3 Solo Challenges, the head piece is the part I've always had to chase, but the style as a whole drops with decent regularity in the rewards across all the challenges. In the Battle For Earth duos, I'm pretty much guaranteed to see the Medieval (Healer), Shaman (Controller) or Military Tech (Tank) styles in the loot picker at the end.

I can't say the same about the Paneled or Daggerpoint Bodysuit styles, though. Compared to the other drops, they are rare.

There's also the detail that some of those styles mentioned are available from Lockboxes as well, and they aren't role-locked.
    • Like x 1
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yeah, but the ability to go after it once a week only? It becomes less and less worth my time to do that, even for a 25 point feat. Not worth the replay badges either.

That's how I finally (after over a year) got the Heartshard back. Still waiting on Shaman waist and 4 parts of Avatar Bombardier...
  14. DC Urban Committed Player

Rare styles, style unlock, and so on and so forth. Greed ruins games man. So what if someone looks cool, looking cool is half the battle in a mmorpg
    • Like x 1
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

I dont know why they are taking so long to add Nuclear and the remaining drop and vendor styles... feels like we can't get those feats using out of relevance currency like MoV.
    I still need to complete Nuclear and Gorgon Slayer but at this rate I'll never will.
    Would be awesome to have the Elite versions as well... there's literally nothing to spend MoV on, aside of base mods.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

He did. It's a bug, it's not supposed to be there.
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

God yes update those vendors already
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

to much effort on the players part thoooo :rolleyes:
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

best gear in vendors, and we thought that this would help for bad RNG. now the gorgon style is worst RNG ever!
    • Like x 1
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's not what he told me.