Is this the beginning of the end for DC or the beginning of greatness for DC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCfanyboy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

I find it funny that the OP made an observation (his/her opinion which they are entitled to make) however the responses have been talking about ESO or other games claiming to be the "DCUO Killer" lol. For people that are so tired of reading "Those kind of threads" Why turn this into one? The OP didn't even mention another game in his post. Nevertheless, there is no doom and gloom for any game just because another comes out, the only thing that will kill or stop a game is the company shutting down the servers for w/e reason.
    • Like x 2
  2. AlyceKrow New Player

well, there are many ways of doing the same thing.
    My point is, these forums could be a great tool for the players. We can have direct interaction with the Devs. Together the community and the Devs could shape an awesome game. But so many threads are filled with negativity it's almost an impossible job to sort through and find the well-thought out arguments and suggestions. Seems like the majority on the forum just want to vent and rage and moan. To me that's kind of boring and a waste of something that might have been valuable.
    Take the WIP threads for example. Tantrums and tears. The constructive and insightful posts are just drowned. The Devs are supposed to wade through all that nonsense, respond to it, and still assess how the community really feels about any proposed changes?
    • Like x 1
  3. Redscreen5 New Player

Until something resembles the pre nerf mechanics then no. DC is still a massive franchise the only way it will fail is mainly if SOE runs it into the ground.

On PS4 however none of the above applies. Some of the releases will certainly cause changes but that's well expected. Completely new market.
  4. Redscreen5 New Player

Couldn't have put it better myself.
    • Like x 1
  5. EzioNight New Player

That was amazing!
    • Like x 4
  6. Cadens Dedicated Player

All the devs are doing is saving me money on this game, and moving me to ESO.

See ya DC, was a good run :) The last 2 patches dumbed this game down, and nerfed everything paving the way for the new combo system you need to purchase. Its a greedy product model, and I will no longer be a part of it.
    • Like x 6
  7. Jenny Hailey New Player

This game is dieing very quickly. This should be the last year of it.:)Hopefully.
    • Like x 1
  8. Burnt New Player

There are a few more videos on YouTube. It's running on the new snowdrop engine and it's really beautiful. A lot of depth here too and you can craft like crazy. Seamless transition from PvE to PvP New York is actually scaled to size! It's going to be incredible! :)
    • Like x 3
  9. ToneMD New Player

Why "hopefully"?
    • Like x 1
  10. Mick Nugget New Player

DCUO would be in more danger of killing itself than any other game killing it. ESO wont kill it, Division wont kill it.

I'll be playing both those games too tho:p

Fact is, Origin Crisis pushed players out. If they mishandle the new dlc, it will push players out. Don't know about the next guy, but if i stop liking a game or it becomes unfun for me i just play something else.

As long as DCUO finds a way to stay fun by continuing to come up with fresh ideas for new dlc and whatnot, its just not going to die cuz people will continue to play it as long as its fun to play, end of story.
    • Like x 1
  11. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

what exactly do you people imagine when you say "greatness?" having a game where there are like 50 people playing it because it is over the heads of the general public to the point they dont want to play? or a game that draws a large audience and is fun?

first off, too freakin bad if someone doesnt like what has happened to their weapon. they have needed a balance for a long time. second of all, we havent even tried the new mechanic yet, so we can't judge it.
    i love how every single thing that the team does to improve the game brings out some crowd or another that has outragious complaints because they arent being catered to. and everyone of them thinks THEY are the most important group of people in game. people really need to get over themselves. this game is here to make money, period.
    • Like x 1
  12. terrowshade12 New Player

Between eso destiny and the division true next gen games. dc doesnt have much to offer, dc pvp cant copete with eso 500 vs 500 vs 500 castle seige pvp at all or the huge lack of cookie cutter builds. destiny has ton of build options crazy vehicles and intresting combat. division has all that great fps action all call of duty players love. One at the time they might not kill dc but all them together sure can.
    • Like x 2
  13. jessiejames4211 New Player

cant wait for june makes me sad tho I loved this game especially oc pre nefed dox
    • Like x 1
  14. Redscreen5 New Player

Another contribution as to why greatness can't be achieved. Thankyou
  15. Redscreen5 New Player

Pls lets loose the generalization. I think you should have a clear idea what was meant by greatness because Ice just explained the aspects of it beforehand.
  16. terrowshade12 New Player

Me 2 i love it the first time i beat nex with a few members in my league a week or so after it came out. Best days of this game snice before t4. T4 made poeple soft and not ready for the challenge imo.
  17. Flightboy New Player

I love this game and dislike the direction it's heading, but this is soooo true... I'm with you bro...
  18. terrowshade12 New Player

Yeah im planning on moving to eso with the rest of my league but we have all played dc together for years. We wanted to play both but with these changes i retired till i no im not being forced to play slower less fun version of the game. Others in my league form what ive been told our quiteing to and just waiting to june. Id love to keep playing as i have for years but whatever ill save tones of money not playing.
  19. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

The game will continue to smolder along
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I personally think DCUO is going downhill slightly at the moment. I'l be one to admit I'm not on it as much - and though recent updates have vastly improved the game e.g.. armories, also i play on alts more when i do play partly due to GU34 and feat unlocking - though even then I find myself plodding along. The weapon mastery thing isn't appealing to me atm - perhaps I'll change my mind nearer to DLC10. One thing I will say is most of GU35 should have been released along with DLC10 and is a couple months early - namely the weapon stuff imo. Halls Of Power will no doubt be the defining moment for DCUO for this year with League Halls and the introduction of the New Gods, Darkseid and Apokolips. If DLC11 fails then I worry about DCUO. My guess is DLC11 will have at least one solo in your base, probably one or two alerts and fingers crossed at least two raids - one on New Genesis/Apokolips (maybe both for both factions) and one in your League Hall - along with an 5v5 and/or 8v8 League Hall PVP map. Its just annoying we have to wait until probably the end of the summer for that defining moment which is Halls Of Power. And it won't be until late summer/early autumn 2015 when we see T7 (probably) - and small group DLC. I also hope that if Halls Of Power does have raids that they will be raids and not 8-man operations.