Is this the beginning of the end for DC or the beginning of greatness for DC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCfanyboy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

DCUO has carved a niche and will survive for quite a while.

I however have a sick feeling in my stomach about gu 35, and the following wait for DLC 10.

Weapon mastery is no where near complete at least by the looks of the live stream and it looks like it will be required to do decent weapon damage after gu 35
  2. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

MMOs are meant to change. Designed to do so.
    I mean havent been on the forums long but i see a lot of Doomsday Threads for the death of DCUO more than i expected.
    • Like x 2
  3. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

The dev's have made a poor business choice. They made the game so unchallenging that all the real gamers have left or will eventually leave. The game is so dumb down that its sickening. Its a joke!
    • Like x 4
  4. QiLong New Player

DCUO should feel honored that so many titles that have tried and are trying to take it's spot lol. Doom and Gloom has been posted since 2010.... yup 2010. A lot of fortune tellers say this and saying that.... The game will end when it ends. Until that time Im going to enjoy it.
    • Like x 5
  5. Badname654 New Player

I'm already itching to play destiny.
    • Like x 1
  6. Burnt New Player

I'm so stoked for this game, it's gonna be amazing. I love how just before it ends a PvP match is about to break out outta the blue. Very cool!
    • Like x 1
  7. Digiman New Player

DCUO is never getting taken down or taken out by another MMO because its a completely different MMO about super heros based on DC brand comics. Its like saying a the best FPS is going to be taken out by a Real time strategy game.
    • Like x 4
  8. ToneMD New Player

As a PC player, all I can do is sit back and wait to see if the PS user base flees the ship. Nothing will change until then. I already plan to split time between DCUO and ESO after playing the beta. But even in that game there are whiners going on about bugs and the fact that its not really TES. Haters are always on their job.

This game has survived Everquest 2, Guild Wars 2, Tera, WOW upgrades, Final Fantasy, and numerous other free to play MMOs. The secret sauce is the super heroes, and the combat system. It'll be ok.
    • Like x 3
  9. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

its the middle of the end
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  11. Invictus2112 New Player

Tell you what... get WoW or its million clone army to actually have combat as HALF as enjoyable as this, and then maybe DCUO will run into problems. Even if this slows down, its combat will still feel infinitesimally more satisfying than one where you can blatantly see the round system play out before your eyes in very corny and overtuned animations.

Hell, when I look at what is "competing" with DCUO in terms of probable shared audiences, I'd be more afraid of LoL than I would any other mmo.
  12. Korvyne Committed Player

That trailer was awsome!! That game just jumped to my no1 spot of must plays.
    • Like x 3
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think 'Halls of Power' will be successful unless it takes players who hate leagues into account.... If the DLC is divisive, catering to 'joiners' rather that 'independent' players you'll have a similar situation that OC created with pro-gamers and casuals - I think that will be bad overall.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ice Lantern New Player

DCUO will never have "greatness" because they cater too much to casual players. Games and game franchises usually start declining once they start listening to the paste-eaters.
    • Like x 5
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

screaming at MMO devs that "the game is too easy" is just asking for a nerf. A lot of the stupid crap the leettard crowd around here says about "too easy" and "L2P-clipping" blah blah blah... All that stuff is just asking for it.
  16. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

DC superheros and the combat system have kept this game going and its freaking great! Wait waaaaat, they're changing the combat system....?
    • Like x 1
  17. Grid Ion Committed Player

This forums is full of cry babies and people who are either insanely casual or completely suck at this game. These are the ones providing dumb feedback and because of them this game is going downhill.
    • Like x 4
  18. Burnt New Player

It's already preordered :)
  19. AlyceKrow New Player

jeez, these guys exist to complain, b****, and say DCUO is dead/dying. Go and play something else already. Please.
    we're sure gonna miss ya, though. ; ;
    not.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gerbal New Player

Couldn't they say the same about those who want all these changes?
    • Like x 1